Everything we miss by Luke Pearson

Everything we miss (original 2012; edition 2011)

by Luke Pearson

Member:kaixo
Title:Everything we miss
Authors:Luke Pearson (Author)
Info:Nobrow Ltd (2011), Gebundene Ausgabe
Collections:Your library, Have read
Tags:Comic, comics, graphic novel, ghosts, regret, read, 2012

Everything We Miss by Luke Pearson (2012)

2012 (2) adult (1) bande dessinée (1) BD (1) breaking up (1) cliff (1) comic (2) comics (6) Comix (2) computer (1) English (2) fiction (3) ghosts (2) girlfriend (1) graphic novel (15) hardcover (1) internet (1) jealousy (1) letter (1) longing (1) love (1) not in library (1) ocean (1) read (2) regret (2) separation (1) suspicion (1) to-read (3) twins (1) wishlist (1)

German (1)  English (1)  All languages (2)
Based on the title alone I wanted to like this book, but I did not. I can honestly state that this book has charm and uniqueness for those that like a particular type of graphic novel that is subversive in nature. For me that was not the type of story that I wanted to read at this particular time so the story fell a little flat for me. The main story is about a relationship coming to a close, but is ultimately about what we do not see all around us. The things we miss as this book reports are weird, strange, and some of them are just plain disgusting in my opinion. This distracted from what could have been a masterful story of the subject matter of breaking up and how we miss the little signs that showed us that we were not mean to be with that person anyways. The artwork style was the main aspect of this graphic novel that I enjoyed because it fit with the overall theme of quirkiness and well darkness that Pearson seemed to be going for. I am not sure who I would recommend this particular volume to except for perhaps an individual that is going through a break-up currently. Outside of that I feel that this particular graphic novel could be skipped and there would be no real loss for the reader. ( )
  SoulFlower1981 | Jan 20, 2016 |

"Have you ever wondered what goes on in your life when you're looking the other way? Perhaps you're so drawn into what's going on with you that you fail to notice the events taking place in your periphery, or even right under your nose? In Everything We Miss, Luke Pearson explores the dying days of a failing relationship through the infinitesimal unseen moments that surround it, and us"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,841,397 books! | Top bar: Always visible