Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness…

Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life (original 1994; edition 2005)

by Jon Kabat-Zinn (Author)

The time-honored national bestseller, updated with a new afterword, celebrating 10 years of influencing the way we live. When Wherever You Go, There You Are was first published in 1994, no one could have predicted that the book would launch itself onto bestseller lists nationwide and sell over 750,000 copies to date. Ten years later, the book continues to change lives. In honor of the book's 10th anniversary, Hyperion is proud to be releasing the book with a new afterword by the author, and to share this wonderful book with an even larger audience.… (more)
Member:Grobiewan
Title:Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life
Authors:Jon Kabat-Zinn (Author)
Info:Hachette Books (2005), Edition: 10, 304 pages

Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life by Jon Kabat-Zinn (1994)

English (36)  French (2)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (40)
Excellent introduction to mindfulness as a secular, health and wellness practice. ( )
  bibliocan | Sep 26, 2020 |
A great followup book after meditating for a few months. It expanded the instances in which I consider meditation. Perhaps written for the married with kids audience, but surely useful for all. ( )
  bsmashers | Aug 1, 2020 |
An adult self-help book that would benefit children to cool down or relax. I would put this book in my classroom library for grades 3-5 in elementary school. For my lower grades I would read the guided meditations from the book and together we will practice taking a small amount of time out of our day to prepare for the day or reflect on what we did. I first read this book and found it very useful for my everyday living and thought to myself, I wish I did this when I was a child. The meditations are calming, fulfilling, and help us stay connected to ourselves. Students often times are so used to looking at social media and technology they forget that they, themselves can be something in the world rather thanlooking at others and what they are becoming. ( )
  mpolya1 | Oct 22, 2019 |
This is not a book to read straight through in an urge to finish and move on to the next book. Rather, read it like a book of poetry: take the time to reflect between each poem. Enjoy it, slowly. ( )
  cwcoxjr | Sep 5, 2019 |
You can put your attention on an object without cluttering it up with lots of ideology; that’s what it’s about.

.....................

You don’t have to sign a contract promising to meditate for two hours everyday for the rest of your life; if you do it with dedication for a year or two, then you adopt a less strenuous practice and go back to some of the things you used to do, you’ll find yourself doing it a different way.
  smallself | Jun 22, 2019 |
Guess what?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,499,329 books! | Top bar: Always visible