Froi of the Exiles: The Lumatere Chronicles…

Froi of the Exiles: The Lumatere Chronicles (original 2011; edition 2012)

by Melina Marchetta

Member:karryn_p
Title:Froi of the Exiles: The Lumatere Chronicles
Authors:Melina Marchetta
Info:Candlewick (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 400 pages
Rating:*****

Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta (2011)

Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta (Herenya)
    Herenya: "Froi of the Exiles" is set three years after "Finnikin of the Rock".

Some mild swearing and some very brief and fairly mild moments of intimacy or conversations about sex.
Otherwise, very engaging story and characters. World-building continues in this second book. Truly enjoyable. ( )
  benandhil | Sep 28, 2016 |
Intially, while reading this book, I thought ok...this is just a 4 star book. 4 star...4 star...4 star... and then suddenly it became 5 star. I don't know what the turning point was but I started liking the book even more than my previous liking of the book if that makes any sense. I can't wait to read the 3rd one and at the same time, I'm a bit sad that the 3rd one is the last one.

The way the author writes, you can't help but cheer for the main characters even though the focus shifts from the first book's main characters to the secondary (but now main) characters in the second book. You just become connected with whoever she happens to present on the page and that's amazing. Especially since in the second book, focus shifts away from Finn and Isaboe to Froi and Quintana and I love Finn and Isaboe. That's what initially made me feel as though this was a 4 star book...because the author took away the focus from the characters I loved. And then she made me love the new (old) characters! Amazing!

Prashna | Jul 29, 2016 |
I never reviewed this originally, but with a re-read scheduled for December 2014, a review will most certainly come.  Froi is one of my favorite male characters and this series is unforgettable.   ( )
  JulieCovington | May 29, 2016 |
Published 3/13/2012 ( )
  lillibrary | Jan 23, 2016 |
Second in series but can be read alone. Good YA book for adults ( )
  mgriel | Jan 18, 2016 |
To Laura
For conversations in Ravenna
and New York playlists
They called her Quintana the cursemaker.
"Your father lives in the chamber beside us, Finnikin. You speak to him every night and every morning and if for some reason you can't sleep through the night, you speak to him then as well. Do you not see that as an attachment?"

From master storyteller Melina Marchetta comes an exhilarating new fantasy springing from her celebrated epic, Finnikin of the Rock.

Three years after the curse on Lumatere was lifted, Froi has found his home . . . or so he believes. Fiercely loyal to the Queen and Finnikin, Froi has been taken roughly and lovingly in hand by the Guard sworn to protect the royal family, and has learned to control his quick temper with a warrior's discipline. But when he is sent on a secretive mission to the kingdom of Charyn, nothing could have prepared him for what he finds in its surreal royal court. Soon he must unravel both the dark bonds of kinship and the mysteries of a half-mad princess in this barren and mysterious place. It is in Charyn that he will discover there is a song sleeping in his blood . . . and though Froi would rather not, the time has come to listen.

Fiercely loyal to the Queen and Finnikin, Froi has been taken roughly and lovingly in hand by the Guard sworn to protect the royal family but is soon sent on a secretive mission to the kingdom of Charyn where he must unravel both the dark bonds of kinship and the mysteries of a half-mad princess.… (more)

56 wanted3 pay4 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,809,952 books! | Top bar: Always visible