Taking a Shot (A Play-by-Play Novel) by Jaci…

Taking a Shot (A Play-by-Play Novel) (edition 2012)

by Jaci Burton

Member:GzNKz4evr
Title:Taking a Shot (A Play-by-Play Novel)
Authors:Jaci Burton
Info:Berkley Trade (2012), Edition: 1, Paperback, 336 pages
Collections:JERR Reviews, Read, Your library
Rating:*****

Taking a Shot by Jaci Burton

Recently added byprivate library, PJFiala, Janicemo, CarpeLibra, aczkh, BeegPanda, TexasBookLover7, mullgirl

Taking A Shot

The Characters

Jenna Riley
Tyler Anderson

The Story

An enjoyable tale about a hockey player and a bartender turned singer. This story is heavy on the sex and on getting to know Jenna. I don’t feel like we got much of Ty beyond his parental issues. However, they make a good couple. I’m interested in how their future. I’m sure we see glimpses in subsequent books.

The Random Thoughts

I’m not sure if COCK and PUSSY were written in all caps or if the narrator just felt those words should be over stress but man did they really stand out.

3.5 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jul 15, 2015 |
This has been my favorite of the three books. What is superior about this one is their slower development of mutual like as well as some great character development.

That said, I'm sad there aren't anymore immediate family Rileys to read about. I read the teaser of the cousin Riley at the end and it wasn't doing much for me (and also for some reason my library doesn't have it). I'm sure I'll get back to this series. ( )
  mullgirl | Jun 8, 2015 |
In the genre of steaming hot romance I think Jaci Burton has it right. Well developed characters, character flaws to overcome and still, a well written story. Can't wait to continue in this series. ( )
  jkgrage | Nov 24, 2014 |
LOVED Ty and Jenna! They were really sweet together and their chemistry was crazy good! I think they even left Liz and Gavin behind in the chemistry department. The story and the plot were both really good and again, sweet. Loved the ending. Ty and Jenna were also CRAZY HOT together! ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
Man Jaci knows how to write a book and keep all players from the start into it , these just keep getting better and better . I love how she is keeping all characters from the beginning into the story line ... Onto the next one now ( )
  Chris.BlogEmporium | May 6, 2014 |

If you want to score, you have to get in the game... Jenna runs the family's sports bar-- whether she likes it or not. When pro hockey stud Tyler walks in, he's intrigued by her beauty, and senses that Jenna wants something more out of life. Does she have the passion to take a shot at having it all... including Tyler?… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,146,049 books! | Top bar: Always visible