Pure: The Second Covenant Novel (Covenant…

Pure: The Second Covenant Novel (Covenant Series Book 2) (edition 2017)

by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Author)

Series: Covenant (2)

Member:ERose207
Title:Pure: The Second Covenant Novel (Covenant Series Book 2)
Authors:Jennifer L. Armentrout (Author)
Info:Jennifer L. Armentrout (2017), 369 pages

Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: 3rd in this series
    Half-Blood (Covenant) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: first book in the covenant series, before Pure
    Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: Prequel to Half-blood, you can get it free as an ebook at the publishers website

Completed 11/5/18 ( )
  ERose207 | Nov 6, 2018 |
It has been a little while since I read this book, so I'm not so sure that I could give it an accurate review. All I can really recall is that I was nowhere near as entertained by this installment as I was with the first. I think the biggest problem for me is that the electricity I felt with the first book just wasn't quite there, which makes sense since Alex and Aiden are staying apart. ( )
  Emma_Manolis | Jun 27, 2017 |
The characters from Half-Blood return in the faster paced sequel, Pure. I like to think of Pure as the Seth arch in the story. There is a lot more Seth in Pure than in Half-Blood and he is just as fun as in the first book.

Jennifer Armentrout takes us on a trip outside to a different Covenant with Pure. After her attack (in the first book), Alex has to appear before a council of Pures, some who seem intent on getting rid of her. There was more focus on the politics in this book, which was great, however, lovers of the romance need not despair, there is still a ton of that as well.

I had similar issue with this book as I did the first one, I really didn’t like Alex and Aiden; I’m not sure what it is about the characters, but they seemed very dull. Once again, Alex doesn’t seem to have grown from her experience, she’s still feisty and still a fighter, but I would have loved to see some character growth.

Seth was featured more, however, I wished there was more focus on what’s going on in his head than in Alex’s. I would love to know more of his story and why he behaves the way he does. While this book wasn’t for me, I think it’s one that people who love romance driven plots will enjoy.
  iShanella | Dec 2, 2016 |
I'm really enjoying this series so far! I am super glad that there was some actual romance (albeit still very little) in this book, so fingers crossed we get some real steamy and swoon worthy moments. I love that Alex is becoming more and more BA. The love triangle isn't even really a love triangle for me, because I feel like she is ultimately going to end up with Aiden regardless of what happens in the next few books.

Can't wait to see what the rest of the series holds!

FIND FULL REVIEWS AND MORE AT:
http://southernbredsouthernread.blogspot.com/ ( )
  leahlo89 | Nov 2, 2016 |
Would have been nice scene for the book. I did wonder how Aiden would feel if he knew Seth was in Alex's room at night and sometimes even sleeps there.

Merged review:

Love this one more than the first, it was so good and even more action packed. Alex is still Alex, bad ass as always and not taking anyone's crap, she really scares me; I mean I'm always worried what is she going to get herself into next. I was a little paranoid reading this book because I'm not sure who to really trust it's so devious of the author to do that or maybe I was feeding off Alex's moods and distrust of others. Her uncle and stepfather seems to be showing they care for her and Aiden and Seth believes they do but Alex doesn't; who to trust? Aiden is still trying his best to keep Alex calm, safe and not get herself thrown into servitude.

And now Alex has another angel in Seth looking out for her and possibly his best interests, really hope he can be trusted. I also feel kinda bad for Seth, if he's falling in love with Alex he is going to be hurt so bad and I hope it doesn't make him lose it.

Can wait to see what happens when Alex becomes the Apollyon. It was a great read, intense, sad, angry and heart thumping are the emotions I would say best describes it. ( )
  ItsBookishMe | Apr 20, 2016 |

There is need. And then there is Fate...

Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.

When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.

When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.

Alex lives--and loves--recklessly, until a single decision leads to a heartbreaking revelation. As a mysterious threat closes in and she confronts a Council that wants to see her in servitude, Alex face a choice between love that is fated... and love that is forbidden.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:59 -0400)

Alex is under close watch at the Covenant now that she knows her destiny is to awaken as the second Apollyon, and she has effectively angered anyone in a position of authority. She is brave, reckless, and in love with a Pure - so kind of foolish, too, since acting on this love would send her into servitude for the rest of her life. Now she not only has to prepare for her Awakening, but she has to deal with her dangerous feelings she holds towards Aiden and the unexpected thing that is happening between her and Seth. And to complicate matters she doesn't know if her feelings for Seth are because of their Apollyon connection or something more. There is something about Seth's self-important attitude, his never ending sarcasm and his complete attention and devotion to Alex that sealed the deal. Pure is a love triangle at its best!… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,220,093 books! | Top bar: Always visible