Pure: The Second Covenant Novel by Jennifer…

Pure: The Second Covenant Novel (edition 2012)

by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Member:JeracaFite
Title:Pure: The Second Covenant Novel
Authors:Jennifer L. Armentrout
Info:Spencer Hill Press (2012), Edition: First, Paperback, 320 pages
Collections:Your library, Young Adult
Rating:*****

Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: 3rd in this series
    Half-Blood: A Covenant Novel by Jennifer L. Armentrout (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: first book in the covenant series, before Pure
    Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: Prequel to Half-blood, you can get it free as an ebook at the publishers website

I was unsure whether I should continue reading this series, but I'm so glad I did because the story gets better! Some of the plot twists were incredibly unexpected, (like someone punched me in the stomach and I lost my breath unexpected). This one was a bit more serious than the first one, but there was a love triangle which I'm not a big fan of because one of the guys always ends up being used and friend-zoned. On the other hand, it was really entertaining and has convinced me to continue reading the series. ( )
  Ericanneri | May 30, 2015 |
I loved this book even more then book one. I don't know how Jennifer does it. Fitting so much character development and plot into 329 pages but she does. Her writing just pulls you in. This book was more emotional then the first one. Seth really comes into his character in this book and you really get to know him. He also has major stalkerish behavior in this book which might turn some people off his character. I don't like him for Alex. He is too pushy with her. He seems to want to change her into someone different. More like him. Aiden makes her better and Seth seems to want to own Alex it seems. I do find Seth and Alex's bickering humorous. Against my better judgement I still like Seth. I blame Klaus(on the Vampire Dairies). He made me love him against my better judgement and now I find myself loving some of the unstable ones. Your heart just breaks for the forbidden love between Alex and Aiden. Alex has some very emotional and horrible things happen to her in this book but she still stays strong. Aiden is still as swoonworthy as ever. Oh my Gosh the heat level with both guys is HOT.The Oracle reaches all new levels of creepy in this book. That women is going to show up in my nightmares someday. The Council are idiots. I don't know why I think fictional governments will be wiser then the real ones. I already think that if they were all killed in their sleep it wouldn't be so bad. I have no tolerance for fools.I loved how fast paced the story was and I can't wait to find out who that person is. I don't want to give to much away about the plot but trust me it is amazing. I totally recommend this series to all Young Adult Paranormal lovers. ( )
  thereadingrebel | Dec 22, 2014 |
Oh my god. I need book 3. NEED IT. ( )
  ku. | Sep 20, 2014 |
Oh my god. I need book 3. NEED IT. ( )
  ku. | Sep 20, 2014 |
Well, I am officially a Jennifer L Armentrout fan! Her books are have stunned me every time. First with Half Blood, then with Obsidian, and now Pure. One reason her books are so good is that they provoke emotion, another is that she draws her fantasy so well into the book that it seems like reality.

In this book, you see how Alex has grown since the beginning of half blood, she is still headstrong (one of her charms) but you get to see the passionate side of her, and you can tell she is grown. I liked that, a lot actually.

This a a book you should not read in public, I myself nearly learned this the hard way! There are so many points where you just want to burst out laughing. Thankfully, I was able to control myself in public. I probably did have an idiotic grin in my face most of the time though!

I think Aiden and Seth need this paragraph to themselves. Or at least two sentences. Aiden= Caring, swooning, sometimes you want to throw this book at him. Seth= Makes me laugh, also worthy of having an even heavier book thrown at him! I must confess, I am Team Aiden. I would talk about him some more, but no spoilers!

I loved the magic aspect of this book! Or should I say mythological? It is written well, and had me holding my breath for what happens next. (Aren't the furies awesome?)

Pure is like a really fast roller coaster. You go up, down, are spun around, you laugh, you cry, you scream. And it is over entirely too soon! If there more more series like this, I would be broke. Once you read this, you will need the next book immediately! ( )
  Emily_Anne | Mar 16, 2014 |

There is need. And then there is Fate...

Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.

When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.

When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.

Alex lives--and loves--recklessly, until a single decision leads to a heartbreaking revelation. As a mysterious threat closes in and she confronts a Council that wants to see her in servitude, Alex face a choice between love that is fated... and love that is forbidden.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:59 -0400)

"Alex lives--and loves--recklessly, until a single decision leads to a heartbreaking revelation. As a mysterious threat closes in and she confronts a Council that wants to see her in servitude, Alex face a choice between love that is fated, and love that is forbidden"--Amazon.com.… (more)

57 wanted2 pay3 pay

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,435,653 books! | Top bar: Always visible