Pure: The Second Covenant Novel by Jennifer…

Pure: The Second Covenant Novel (edition 2012)

by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Info:Spencer Hill Press (2012), Edition: First, Paperback, 320 pages
Collections:Your library, Young Adult
Rating:*****

Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: 3rd in this series
    Half-Blood: A Covenant Novel by Jennifer L. Armentrout (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: first book in the covenant series, before Pure
    Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: Prequel to Half-blood, you can get it free as an ebook at the publishers website

Oh my god. I need book 3. NEED IT. ( )
  ku. | Sep 20, 2014 |
Oh my god. I need book 3. NEED IT. ( )
  ku. | Sep 20, 2014 |
Well, I am officially a Jennifer L Armentrout fan! Her books are have stunned me every time. First with Half Blood, then with Obsidian, and now Pure. One reason her books are so good is that they provoke emotion, another is that she draws her fantasy so well into the book that it seems like reality.

In this book, you see how Alex has grown since the beginning of half blood, she is still headstrong (one of her charms) but you get to see the passionate side of her, and you can tell she is grown. I liked that, a lot actually.

This a a book you should not read in public, I myself nearly learned this the hard way! There are so many points where you just want to burst out laughing. Thankfully, I was able to control myself in public. I probably did have an idiotic grin in my face most of the time though!

I think Aiden and Seth need this paragraph to themselves. Or at least two sentences. Aiden= Caring, swooning, sometimes you want to throw this book at him. Seth= Makes me laugh, also worthy of having an even heavier book thrown at him! I must confess, I am Team Aiden. I would talk about him some more, but no spoilers!

I loved the magic aspect of this book! Or should I say mythological? It is written well, and had me holding my breath for what happens next. (Aren't the furies awesome?)

Pure is like a really fast roller coaster. You go up, down, are spun around, you laugh, you cry, you scream. And it is over entirely too soon! If there more more series like this, I would be broke. Once you read this, you will need the next book immediately! ( )
  Emily_Anne | Mar 16, 2014 |
Oh, wow! If you guys had been following my reviews, you know that I just read Half-Blood last week. And what do you know, I loved it. Which is why I got Pure next and finished it in two days. And it was absolutely fabulous.

Jennifer's story telling has definitely improved even more and I found myself in Alex's world as if it were mine. That happens rarely, so it's definitely important to me. I loved the structure and development of each scene, the way they grew in intensity and left me longing for more.

And the characters got even more interesting here.

Alex actually grew in this book. She understood how reckless she'd been and how her decisions affect everyone around her. It was about time she matured, especially since she is to carry the responsibilities of the Appolyon on her shoulders when she turns eighteen. One thing I didn't like about her was her stubbornness when Aiden was concerned. She saw what happened with those pures and halfs who ignored the Breed Order, and she still would keep hope. Sure, love doesn't just go away, but when it could kill the person you love... Well... You sort of reconsider. Otherwise you'd just declare yourself to be brutally selfish.

Aiden on the other hand had his wits about. Sure, in Alex's presence he sort of lost control, but at least he was able to regain it and not claim anyone's attention.

Seth was my favorite in this book as well. Well, I didn't like his player attitude and all that, but I feel like he can really grow to care for Alex, not only as the other Appolyon, but as a whole. He totally earned points in my book.

The one person I'd miss the most though !!!!!!!!!!! and this is a spoiler, so don't read on if you haven't read the book yet!!!!!!!!!! is Caleb. He was Alex's one true friend, and she lost him in the stupidest way possible. And yeah, I sort of blame her for it. I mean, if she hadn't been so obsessed with herself and Aiden, and if she actually put some thought before she acted, then surely she would've realized how extremely irresponsible she'd been.

And I fear I'd miss Grandma Pipery as well.

Anyways, Pure was a really good book and I totally recommend it. ( )
  VanyaDrum | Jan 26, 2014 |
Another 3.5. Strong concept. Love the characters. Can't get behind some of the silliness. ( )
  newskepticx | Dec 18, 2013 |

There is need. And then there is Fate...

Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.

When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.

When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.

Alex lives--and loves--recklessly, until a single decision leads to a heartbreaking revelation. As a mysterious threat closes in and she confronts a Council that wants to see her in servitude, Alex face a choice between love that is fated... and love that is forbidden.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:59:47 -0400)

"Alex lives--and loves--recklessly, until a single decision leads to a heartbreaking revelation. As a mysterious threat closes in and she confronts a Council that wants to see her in servitude, Alex face a choice between love that is fated, and love that is forbidden"--Amazon.com.… (more)

42 wanted2 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,737,804 books! | Top bar: Always visible