The Crown of Embers (Girl of Fire and…

The Crown of Embers (Girl of Fire and Thorns) (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Rae Carson

Member:kathleen.morrow
Title:The Crown of Embers (Girl of Fire and Thorns)
Authors:Rae Carson
Info:Greenwillow Books (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 416 pages
Tags:Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance, Adventure

The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson (2012)

I liked this one even better than the first one. The character development is great and the plot is believable. ( )
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |
I enjoyed this as much as the first book in the series. If possible it has more action and certainly more romance. However, it finished on such a cliff-hanger that I can't wait for the next instalment to see how it all ends. When does book 3 come out? ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |
For Charlie, my first reader and best friend
My entourage of guards struggles to keep pace as I fly down the corridors of my palace.

"Hero. Foreigner. Queen. Elisa, at the age of seventeen, is all three. And all three draw enemies. Faced with assassins, court politics, and the threat of civil war, Elisa despairs of being the ruler her people need. Her only hope is the Godstone. She must master its power once and for all. She finds clues hidden in a long forgotten--and forbidden--scripture. Accompanied by a one-eyed warrior, an enemy defector, and the man she is falling in love with, Elisa takes a leap of faith and crosses an ocean in search of the ultimate source of the Godstone's power. But her faith has always had a price, and doing the right thing might mean giving up the power she desperately needs. And it might mean giving up the man she desperately loves. Rae Carson continues the epic story begun in The Girl of Fire and Thorns with a novel that is remarkable, adventurous, and even more romantic than the first"--… (more)

143 wanted2 pay1 pay

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,084,573 books! | Top bar: Always visible