Allegiant (Divergent Series) by Veronica…

Allegiant (Divergent Series) (edition 2013)

by Veronica Roth (Author)

Member:EDHSLC
Title:Allegiant (Divergent Series)
Authors:Veronica Roth (Author)
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2013), Edition: First Edition, 544 pages
Collections:Fiction, Your library

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Divergent by Veronica Roth (eo206)
    eo206: Book 2 in series
    Insurgent by Veronica Roth (eo206)
    eo206: Book 1 in series

English (338)  Spanish (3)  German (2)  Afrikaans (1)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  French (1)  All (347)
Forgive me for the sloppiness of this review, but I'm writing this on my phone. Allegiant was exactly what I expected it to be, rushed and the character development was stifled by the introduction of too many new and ineffective characters. This is what I've come to expect from the third book in a YA trilogy. I wish they would consider not rushing it and turn the series into a quartet to give it the dimension that it needs and could have had. I enjoyed it because I enjoyed the first two books but I didn't love it. I thought the initial premise of the story was interesting, not original by any means, but the books were well written and the first two books had great character development especially with Four. Personally I think the plot could have been better, it was rushed, and some of the secondary characters should have been fleshed out more in this book (Caleb, Cara, and even evil Peter). I hate closing the final book in a series/trilogy because sometimes it's hard saying goodbye to characters you've become attached to but I've enjoyed the trilogy and am looking forward to watching the movies. ( )
  jthao_02 | May 18, 2017 |
Um...wow this took a completely different path than I ever thought.

In books 1 and 2 we were on this path of the Factions and even when the Factions broke up we were still on the path.

With Allegiant it feels like Veronica Roth had an idea for another book and ditched the Factions/No Factions thing and took up genetics. What? Seriously. What?

The storytelling felt rushed. It didn't feel true to the first two books. And then the end was kind of like this happened, and this happened and peace ever after the end. What?

I won't lie. I knew the big thing that happens at the end before I finished it. Maybe that's why it felt very anti-climactic.

Also, the whole genetic thing seems like it should have shown up or been alluded to in earlier books. As it is it feels like it was just tacked on.

And then there's just no end to the world saving that Tris must do. It just goes on and on and on and on and enough already. I'm tired. I don't want to read anymore but I want to finish the series because I want to find out what happens. It lacked.

I wasn't as connected to this book as I was to the others. This one I could put down and pick up whenever without missing any of the characters. That's a shame. ( )
  wendithegray | May 1, 2017 |
Nice to finish the 3 work set. Not exactly a wiz bang finish but still nice to wrap it up. ( )
  deldevries | Apr 3, 2017 |
Wow.

I"m not sure how I feel about this series. Spoiler alerts ahead.

This series starts with a cool concept regarding groups of people that band together based on an attribute they have - logic or selfishness or whatever. Cool concept actually. Over 3 books the message is it isn't that cool and really people are just people. Ok - I get that - it makes sense to me - we're going to ditch the cool and then figure out some way to make everyone work together.

The Allegiant novel is a mess. It turns into one big long series of how do each of the characters get redemption. Tris sacrifices herself for love; Four totally changes character in book 3 and is not a tough guy - but a softie looking for his mother's love, Peter - just wants to start over because there's no redeeming him, I could go on and on. The coincidences that occur in this book is so implausible and just skipped over - the characters act in such predictable ways. It drove me crazy.

But I have one comment that allowed me to give this book 3 stars. The last few pages of the book - the tale of Four coming to grips with the loss of Tris was actually very touching and the best writing of the entire series. It's easy to miss it due to the shock of Tris's death - go read it again - it's quite good. ( )
  bhuesers | Mar 29, 2017 |
Finally getting around to reading the final book. Been so long I almost forgot about the factions and tris and four. But it all came back quickly. The story was a little slow at times but it was interesting to find out the history of the wars and the cities and factions. Things started to make sense. The ending, though shocking, was life. We don't always like it but we learn to deal with it!
  sarahjvigen | Mar 23, 2017 |
Every question that can be answered must be answered or at least engaged. Illogical thought processes must be challenged when they arise. Wrong answers must be corrected. Correct answers must be affirmed.
To Jo,
who guides and steadies me
I pace in our cell in Erudite headquarters, her words echoing in my mind: My name will be Edith Prior, and there is much I am happy to forget.

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered--fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she's known, Tris is ready. But will she be prepared to face impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice and love?… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,391,010 books! | Top bar: Always visible