Allegiant (Divergent Series) by Veronica…

Allegiant (Divergent Series) (edition 2013)

by Veronica Roth (Author)

Member:EDHSLC
Title:Allegiant (Divergent Series)
Authors:Veronica Roth (Author)
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2013), Edition: First Edition, 544 pages
Collections:Fiction, Your library

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Divergent by Veronica Roth (eo206)
    eo206: Book 2 in series
    Insurgent by Veronica Roth (eo206)
    eo206: Book 1 in series

English (341)  Spanish (3)  German (2)  Afrikaans (1)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  French (1)  All (350)
Hmmm... have you ever read the story "The Girl & The Snake"? Yeah. So... kept that in mind when I read this. Certain incredulous premises apart... there are some interesting themes in this. Far fetched. It colors itself off as childish at worst (i.e. over simplification of issues)... but honestly speaking the characters are barely adults themselves. So most of their decisions grazing that thin line between black & white on subjects that are vastly gray in nature make sense in a "trying to make sense to offset brainfreeze"-way. All that aside... I *did* enjoy it. And I *did* care about the characters (though I admit to wanting to whap them half the time ). It is good/bad the way your favourite junk food is good/bad. Maybe junk food is being a bit harsh. Hmm... I feel like reading the Hunger Games trilogy now. Just for kicks. ( )
  kephradyx | Jun 20, 2017 |
was that really necessary???????? couldn't they just have a happy ending?????????? ( )
  Banoczi_Henrietta | Jun 19, 2017 |
This book does not compare to the excitement and intrigue of the other books, however, it does give closure. It answers a lot of questions, and the characters are very reflective on their experiences in this third book of the series.
  Pamela_SC | May 24, 2017 |
Forgive me for the sloppiness of this review, but I'm writing this on my phone. Allegiant was exactly what I expected it to be, rushed and the character development was stifled by the introduction of too many new and ineffective characters. This is what I've come to expect from the third book in a YA trilogy. I wish they would consider not rushing it and turn the series into a quartet to give it the dimension that it needs and could have had. I enjoyed it because I enjoyed the first two books but I didn't love it. I thought the initial premise of the story was interesting, not original by any means, but the books were well written and the first two books had great character development especially with Four. Personally I think the plot could have been better, it was rushed, and some of the secondary characters should have been fleshed out more in this book (Caleb, Cara, and even evil Peter). I hate closing the final book in a series/trilogy because sometimes it's hard saying goodbye to characters you've become attached to but I've enjoyed the trilogy and am looking forward to watching the movies. ( )
  jthao_02 | May 18, 2017 |
Um...wow this took a completely different path than I ever thought.

In books 1 and 2 we were on this path of the Factions and even when the Factions broke up we were still on the path.

With Allegiant it feels like Veronica Roth had an idea for another book and ditched the Factions/No Factions thing and took up genetics. What? Seriously. What?

The storytelling felt rushed. It didn't feel true to the first two books. And then the end was kind of like this happened, and this happened and peace ever after the end. What?

I won't lie. I knew the big thing that happens at the end before I finished it. Maybe that's why it felt very anti-climactic.

Also, the whole genetic thing seems like it should have shown up or been alluded to in earlier books. As it is it feels like it was just tacked on.

And then there's just no end to the world saving that Tris must do. It just goes on and on and on and on and enough already. I'm tired. I don't want to read anymore but I want to finish the series because I want to find out what happens. It lacked.

I wasn't as connected to this book as I was to the others. This one I could put down and pick up whenever without missing any of the characters. That's a shame. ( )
  wendithegray | May 1, 2017 |
Every question that can be answered must be answered or at least engaged. Illogical thought processes must be challenged when they arise. Wrong answers must be corrected. Correct answers must be affirmed.
To Jo,
who guides and steadies me
I pace in our cell in Erudite headquarters, her words echoing in my mind: My name will be Edith Prior, and there is much I am happy to forget.

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered--fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she's known, Tris is ready. But will she be prepared to face impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice and love?… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,059,035 books! | Top bar: Always visible