Allegiant (Divergent Series) by Veronica…

Allegiant (Divergent Series) (edition 2016)

by Veronica Roth (Author)

Member:LottsOLuvv
Title:Allegiant (Divergent Series)
Authors:Veronica Roth (Author)
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2016), Edition: Reprint, 592 pages

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Divergent by Veronica Roth (eo206)
    eo206: Book 2 in series
    Insurgent by Veronica Roth (eo206)
    eo206: Book 1 in series

English (393)  Spanish (4)  German (2)  Afrikaans (1)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (403)
The finale of the Divergent series, where we find out what's beyond the walls. This book was an okay wrap up, it was more informational than action packed, which was okay. It was interesting to see the experiment, the people behind it, and the fate of the factions and our main characters. Tris is forever the martyr, which I'm a bit conflicted about. I know someone has to do these scary, dangerous tasks, but does it always have to be her? I felt bad for Four, his relationship with his parents was awful and he and Tris are so volatile. So many people die in this book which was a downer and I was hoping for a bit more of a happily ever after, but that's not really how these books go.
Not a bad series overall. I enjoyed listening to the audiobooks. ( )
  AlyP59 | Apr 25, 2019 |
Tris and some of her friends are trying to get over the wall to escape a chaotic city. They all make it, but one of her allies, Tori, was shot down. Tris, Four, Caleb, Peter, and Christina made it. They ended up in an abandoned area, just a sandy desert with debris. They all look for civilization but as they run from enemies people find them in trouble, and helped. Tris and the four stayed in Chicago with the people that saved them. Turns out that "the allies" are just using them, especially Tris for work. Chicago uses Tris because she is genetically pure. Tris and the others escape safely, except Peter betrayed them and ends up no longer aloud in the gates.
I believe this book is mildly boring. There weren't any parts that were suspenseful. You could predict what was going to happen. I guess you could call it an adventure book, but there weren't any funny scenes. It took me a while to read because I wasn't into it. It also really lost the main idea in the series. I would not recommend this book for readers. ( )
  MaddisonB.B4 | Mar 28, 2019 |
unexpected happenings and over a good end to the series. I'm pleased. ( )
  EBassett | Mar 20, 2019 |
My biggest gripe with this book was not everyone else's.
I was shocked that we didn't get more explanation for Caleb's betrayal in Book 2. I needed WAY more justification for Caleb's betraying his sister. Betraying a family member to the point of their own death is the worst thing a character can do, and very little text was given to his reasoning for it. I was disappointed that a character that had been developed into a strong man was made to be so weak and pathetic in the latter half of this series without any logical character-development reason. ( )
  eraderneely | Feb 14, 2019 |
Review to come ( )
  CielCat | Feb 6, 2019 |
Every question that can be answered must be answered or at least engaged. Illogical thought processes must be challenged when they arise. Wrong answers must be corrected. Correct answers must be affirmed.
--From the Erudite faction manifesto
To Jo,
who guides and steadies me
I pace in our cell in Erudite headquarters, her words echoing in my mind: My name will be Edith Prior, and there is much I am happy to forget.

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered--fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she's known, Tris is ready. But will she be prepared to face impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice and love?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,871,229 books! | Top bar: Always visible