My Best Friend's Girl by Dorothy…

My Best Friend's Girl (2006)

by Dorothy Koomson

601None16,281 (3.74)24

English (18)  Spanish (1)  Swedish (1)  Portuguese (1)  All languages (21)
FABULOUS, FABULOUS, FABULOUS!!!!! ( )
  mearias | Sep 23, 2013 |
I really like books that make me cry...this one made me cry more than once and not just at the end. Good times. ( )
  melissarochelle | Apr 12, 2013 |
Hmm what to say. I did enjoy the book but I had expected it to be better. Just like in her other book Marshmallows. An adult falls in love with a child and suddenly they are visiting the child daily and become like a father(in marshmallows a mother) which is a bit weird, come on.

I don't know, it reminded me too much of Marshmallows i guess. wanted to hear more about the adoption process and got a bit sick about her not loving Luke, then she did love him. Not knowing what she wanted.
I will give this author another try cause even though the writing annoys me sometimes i still like to read her books. 7.5

Marlene-NL | Apr 12, 2013 |
Kamryn Matika's friend Adele slept with her fiancee Nate and had his child. As a result they parted and have not seen each other since until Adele finds out that she is dying and ask Kamryn to look after her child, Tegan. Kamryn has broken off with Nate, has a high powered job and a hectic social life, and has never had any desire to have children. However she takes on the responsibility of caring for Tegan, and Tegan adds to the family dynamics by formng an attachment with Kamryn's boss Luke. And to make the love triangle complete Nate has to reenter the story. This was a very enjoyable story dealing with many important issues - death, grief, forgiveness, responsibilty, and coming to understand oneself better. . We journey with Kamryn and Tegan as they deal with the death of a mother, and a best friend. We journey with Kamryn as she comes to love Tegan and change her life in order to care for her. The book was at times very sad, and at times funny. I liked the characters and found them believable. It was a very moving read. ( )
  kiwifortyniner | Feb 21, 2012 |
Not good, not bad: I thought the narrative and the characters in this book were not so brilliant. However, despite the extremely difficult circumstances which the main character, Kamryn, finds herself in, this book deliveres an outstanding message of love which I'm sure will inspire interesting conversations for its readers.
  lonepalm | Dec 8, 2011 |
To my wonderful family and friends. You know who you are.
To be honest, I'd been tired so long I don't remember, not accurately, when realized something serious was wrong with me.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 055359141X, Mass Market Paperback)

How far would you go for the best friend who broke your heart? This internationally bestselling novel tells an enchanting tale of life’s most unpredictable loves and heartaches, and the unforgettable bond between a single woman and an extraordinary five-year-old girl. From the moment they met in college, best friends Adele Brannon and Kamryn Matika thought nothing could come between them—until Adele did the unthinkable and slept with Kamryn’s fiancé, Nate. Now, after years of silence, the two women are reuniting, and Adele has a stunning request for her old friend: she wants Kamryn to adopt her five-year-old daughter, Tegan.

Besides the difference in skin color—many will assume that headstrong, impulsive Kamryn is Tegan’s nanny—there’s the inconvenient truth that Kamryn is wholly unprepared to take care of anyone, especially someone who reminds her so much of Nate. With crises brewing at work and her love life in shambles, can Kamryn somehow become the mother a little girl needs her to be?

In My Best Friend’s Girl, Dorothy Koomson takes us on a warm and wondrous journey through laughter and tears, forgiveness and hope—and the enduring love forged by the unlikeliest of families.

From the Trade Paperback edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:22:57 -0400)

What would you do for the friend who broke your heart? Best friends Kamryn and Adele thought nothing could come between them, until Adele slept with Kamryn's fiance, Nate. Worse still, she got pregnant and had his child. When Kamryn discovered the truth about their betrayal she vowed never to see any of them again.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,474,723 books! | Top bar: Always visible