Night Hawk by Beverly Jenkins

Night Hawk (edition 2011)

by Beverly Jenkins (Author)

Member:RobynBachar
Title:Night Hawk
Authors:Beverly Jenkins (Author)
Info:Avon (2011), Edition: Original, 384 pages
Collections:Read but unowned, Favorites
Rating:*****
Tags:historical-romance

Night Hawk by Beverly Jenkins

Something Like Love by Beverly Jenkins (jacqueline065)
    jacqueline065: guest appearances are made by some of the chahracters.

Wow! Is all I can say right now as I type remembering how much I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story. I didn't want it to end. I will be forever grateful to my sister for exposing me to her Historical Romance Novels that at first, I had refused to read. Many of Beverly's books were out of print so, to complete my sister's collection I had to pay quite a bit for them through Amazon's Marketplace. Most times paying $20-30 dollars for a $3-4 book! This was before ereaders, unfortunately. I myself just purchased, in the Marketplace, Belle and the Beau and Josephine and the Soldier, for a hefty sum. I have no complaints or regrets because her books/ stories are worth it! In my opinion, because Mrs. Jenkins shares a bit of Black History in her books, not only are you getting a fabulously written story but a lesson in history that you probably didn't receive in school. I enjoy the lesson. All it takes is to read just one of Mrs. Jenkins stories and you undoubtably will want to read them all.

In Night Hawk, I fell in love with Ian. What a backstory to this incredible man. As I read, I kept saying to myself, " I want a Preacher too". I often like to ask "Where are the real men of the old day"? Not, this new Metrosexual man that doesn't like to get dirty, spends more time in the bathroom than a woman, and gets mani- pedi's. When I need a refresher of what I desire, I turn to a book from Beverly Jenkins or Brenda Jackson who both write about strong Alpha Male "yummy" characters that will get any woman's blood boiling! Now back to Ian, his love for his birth land (Scotland), his new community of people and Maggie were incredible to read about. Maggie was an orphaned, mistreated child who endured terrible misjustices as an adult as well. She is a smart, gun shooting, quill poking, fierce woman who fell head over heels for the Night Hawk, but trusted no one. I don't want to give anything away, but these two lost people found solace in one another that transpired into a wonderful love story. Kudos to Beverly Jenkins, she's done it again!!

BooksOverTv | Apr 11, 2013 |
NIGHT HAWK by Beverly Jenkins is an interesting historical romance set in 1889 Dowd, Kansas. This is the story of Ian Vance,outlaw,preacher,former bounty hunter and U.S. Marshall and Maggie Freeman, orphaned at twelve,and vigilante mob after her who want her hung for something she did not commit.Both Ian and Maggie know discrimination and disgrace brought upon them by simply being people of color who are of a specific mixed descent. When a sassy prisoner and a tough lawman come together you have passion, history,desire, trouble,past meets future and a fast paced story of love,romance and happiness. A great story that will leave you wanting more and turning pages.This is the first time I have read this author's work but I will place her on my to read list of authors. This is a story that will appeal historical,romance,mixed descent characters,American frontier readers who enjoy a fast paced story.Received for review from the publisher.Details can be found at Avon, an imprint of Harper Collins Publishers and My Book Addiction and More. ( )
  tarenn | Oct 29, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 006203264X, Mass Market Paperback)

Outlaw.Preacher. Night Hawk. He’s had many names, but he can’t escape the past.

Since Ian Vance’s beloved wife was murdered years ago, the hardened bounty hunter knows he’ll never feel love or tenderness again, so he’s made it his mission to ensure others get their justice. But when he’s charged with delivering a sharp-eyed beauty to the law, Ian can’t help but feel he may still have something left to lose.

Orphaned at twelve, Maggie Freeman has always found her way out of trouble. But now there’s a vigilante mob at her back who would like nothing more than to see her hang for a crime she didn’t commit. Maggie may have to accept help for the first time in her life . . . even if it’s from the one man standing between her and freedom.

As the past closes in, the sassy prisoner and toughened lawman may just find a passion between them that could bring blinding happiness . . . if they’ll let it.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:33 -0400)

Outlaw. Preacher. Night Hawk. He's had many names, but he can't escape the past. Since Ian Vance's beloved wife was murdered years ago, the hardened bounty hunter knows he'll never feel love or tenderness again, so he's made it his mission to ensure others get their justice. But when he's charged with delivering a sharp-eyed beauty to the law, Ian can't help but feel he may still have something left to lose. Orphaned at twelve, Maggie Freeman has always found her way out of trouble. But now there's a vigilante mob at her back who would like nothing more than to see her hang for a crime she didn't commit. Maggie may have to accept help for the first time in her life, even if it's from the one man standing between her and freedom. As the past closes in, the sassy prisoner and toughened lawman may just find a passion between them that could bring blinding happiness, if they'll let it--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,561,258 books! | Top bar: Always visible