The Colour of Death by Michael Cordy

The Colour of Death

by Michael Cordy

Thrillers have to be up there are one of my favourite kinds of books and this book did not disappoint. From the very first page I found myself hooked.

I found the book to be fast paced however in the middle of the book I did find that the pace of the book did slow down but it soon picked back up again.

All the characters were brought to life through the authors vivid descriptions and all the characters had a purpose within the novel.

I was worried that I was not going to understand the medical condition that Jane had and then not be able to get into the book. However Michael Cordy described the condition so simply that I was able to fully understand the condition and learn something new as well.

I loved how the book ended it has left the characters open to returning in another book and if a sequel is down I will be one of the first in the queue to get my hands on a copy.

Overall a very well thought out and original novel, I highly recommend it to everyone.

A copy of this book was received from Transworld publishers and all opinions expressed are my own through reading it.

This review was first published on http://everybookhasasoul.wordpress.com ( )
  everybookhasasoul | Feb 28, 2012 |

In a residential neighborhood of Portland, Oregon, an unknown young woman uncovers a shocking crime scene by inexplicably sensing the evil within its walls. To the police, she is a mystery. She can't even tell them her own name. They christen her Jane Doe. Suffering terrifying hallucinations, Jane is assigned to Nathan Fox, a forensic psychiatrist struggling with his own demons. Together they must piece together the jigsaw that is Jane's identity. Then a sequence of brutal killings terrorizes the city and Fox learns Jane is the only cryptic link between the unrelated victims. To solve the murders, Fox must discard his black and white preconceptions, look beyond the spectrum of normal human experience and confront the dark truth of her past... and his own.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,778,677 books! | Top bar: Always visible