Rags by Mick Lewis

This is a Third Doctor novel with some fairly gritty horror elements. It wasn't at all to my taste; the same author has also done a pretty violent Second Doctor novel, Combat Rock, where I felt it was just about justifiable given the colonial situation on which it was based. Here however I felt there was no such excuse; it's a story of a rock band taken over by an alien entity and spreading Evil around 1970s Britain (where, in a dystopian alternate universe, they have started showing Blankety Blank several years before it affected our time line), attempts at pastiche flopping miserably in several places and simply gratuitous. One of the rather few Who books I really wouldn't recommend to anyone. ( )
  nwhyte | Jun 14, 2013 |
In south-west England, a ragged band is gathering crowds of followers who seem hypnotised by the songs calling for violence and disorder. The Doctor detects strange energy focused in certain places, Jo and Captain Yates go undercover, one more effectively than the other. ( )
  mari_reads | Oct 3, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,779,348 books! | Top bar: Always visible