Quantum Change: When Epiphanies and Sudden…

Quantum Change: When Epiphanies and Sudden Insights Transform Ordinary…

by William R. Miller Phd

321347,362 (3)None
Recently added byyuval, euler, grmachine, ehelmke, RRD122, PJ817, IonaS

When I first began to read this book, I thought it looked promising, but it hasn’t quite lived up to my expectations.

The authors distinguish between two types of quantum change, the insightful type and the mystical type. Quantum change was defined as a sudden transformation in someone’s life/personality/character. I didn’t really understand all the accounts by those who had had the former type of experience - it seemed they just suddenly stopped smoking or drinking or whatever. Some of the writers explained themselves better, however.

I myself have had several mystical experiences though none of them led to any personal transformation.

The best bit of the book was the personal accounts by each quantum changer. They told their story in their own words, and their accounts were well written/edited.

But I did get a bit confused sometimes, because no names were given, and I couldn’t easily work out whether the person concerned was a man or woman, which I found disorientating. And later in the book when reference was made to the one or the other experience, it was difficult to remember which quantum changer was being referred to – especially as many of the experiences resembled each other quite a bit.

I found the section towards the end of the book where the experiences were being analyzed less readable. It was clear that the authors were mentally-orientated psychologists, and they didn’t really come to any conclusion about the cause of these quantum changes. It was as though the analysis was too mental and perhaps lacked a larger more spiritual overview. I don’t remember any reference to such matters as these events having been planned before birth, any discussion of karmic reasons for them or any such thing. I was left with the strong impression that the analysis was somewhat limited and overly “mental” and this is why no satisfactory conclusions could be reached about the reason for such quantum changes.

Also, it irritated me that the authors kept referring to the character Scrooge in Dickens’ “Christmas Carol” as though he were a real person and not a fictional character. It is true that the character Scrooge had a quantum change, but since he was not a real live person, it seemed unhelpful to treat him as such on a par with the quantum changers whose accounts appeared in the book.

Actually, before discovering this book I hadn’t realized that there were so many cases of people experiencing sudden transformations. Nonetheless, this is not a book that I would firmly recommend that anyone read, though those who have themselves experienced such transformations will no doubt be attracted to the book - and the experiences recounted were definitely of interest, some being quite remarkable, especially some of the mystical type. ( )
  IonaS | Oct 9, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,572,395 books! | Top bar: Always visible