The Guardian Angels: Our Heavenly Companions…

The Guardian Angels: Our Heavenly Companions

by Anonymous

283389,858 (4)None

This review was originally posted @ Readers' Muse

Romance isn't exactly my cup of tea. I absolutely refrain from reading such books unless I am down in dumps. But I made an exception for this book, And I am glad I did that.

The writer contacted me as a result of the promotional spree that I went for the blog and the Facebook page and offered to send his book. He wrote this in his mail to us and I quote “I am sticking my neck out, but I can assure you that THE GUARDIAN ANGELS won't disappoint you”. I couldn't simply resist his offer.

Come on! How bad can a romance novel be? After all I've read a couple of books by Nicholas Sparks (And I'd be prejudiced if I didn't mention that “incredible” love story by an Indian writer. Pun intended)

The book follows the lives of two star crossed lovers, Adi a.ka. Aditya Mehta, the rich billionaire’s outcast son and Radha, the firebrand daughter of a union leader (CHECK WHAT RADHA'S DAD DOES). The story is narrated partly as diary entry by Radha and Thoughts/Emotions of Adi and few others.

Radha and Adi meet under a very comical circumstance (To me. I found a girl in over sized raincoat saving a guy from 3 bullies extremely comical). Friendship blossoms between them and they grow up being a little more than just friends. That kind of a relationship which is hard to be given a name (More like complicated). Towards the end of the story, they realize (Upon another character pointing it out to them) that they are each other’s guardian angels. No matter what, they will be there for each other.

Adi takes over his family business (Heavy Engineering part of the business) while Radha becomes a social activist. But this isn't exactly why they are “star crossed” (I can't possibly write more about that without giving out the story line.)

Adi just can’t seem to understand Radha.(Okay! Lets' face it. The writer was being point blank realistic. Which man did ever exactly understand a woman well?!) Thus a lot of banters and these small-cute fights follow. It's those banters and small fights which makes the entire story-line so beautiful.
The narration is simple and highly effective. The writer conveys all emotions beautifully. Be it anger or love or affection. It's just perfect. There is no over dose of this lovey-dovey stuff that seems to be a pertinent characteristic of a romance novel.

After a long time, this was that one book that left me with this “lingering” feeling long after I put down the book. This is one book that I wanted read it in one go.

Dear writer, you really needn't stick your neck for this great piece of writing. Your writing does a better job than you.

Overall the book is simply beautiful, realistic narrated passionately sans the drag and drama that one experiences while reading a romance/Chic-lit novel.

Thank you Rohit for writing such a good book and most importantly for sending it over. Otherwise I would have surely missed such a beautiful book, thanks to my aversion of romance novels.

VERDICT: This is one book that shouldn't be missed even if you are a romance genre hater. ( )
  bookandink | Aug 19, 2015 |
This review was originally posted @ Readers' Muse

bookandink | Aug 19, 2015 |
“The Guardian Angels” was truly a beautiful book by Rohit Gore. The story is about two star crossed lovers Adi and Radha, from the days of their childhood-the moment they met, to their teenage years-when they actually start to understand each other, to their adulthood -when they finally come to know what they really are for each other, was an interesting and emotional journey and worth the read for me.
Apart from the story, the format which author has used to show both protagonist POV was very interesting where in one part Adi’s feelings and emotions were described and the another part was Radha’s diary entry. These two parts in each and every chapter unfolds what these characters were going thorough and which also connects the readers to them. Not even at any point of the story I felt it was unrealistic or dragged; whatever was said and written was very relevant to explain each other’s helpless situation and was engrossing too. The ending though was not a happy-ever-after (which I always prefer :P) but it was very a sensible one! On the whole if anyone wants to read a realistic romance with believable characters, they can easily go for it!

my book journal

P.S.Received a copy from the author for an honest review. ( )
  Versha.Bharat | May 30, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,468,097 books! | Top bar: Always visible