A Hoe Lot of Trouble by Heather Webber

A Hoe Lot of Trouble

by Heather Webber

Good characters, killer was definitely a surprise! Next one please. ( )
  cougargirl1967 | Jan 6, 2014 |
pretty good!
  JanetArmentani | Jul 25, 2013 |
I tried, I really did. But I was never able to get through this, despite starting it three times. I don't _care_ about the piled-up troubles of a newly-divorced garden designer with a teenage son; I never even got to the actual murder. Not for me. ( )
  jjmcgaffey | Feb 28, 2013 |
I finally tracked this book down on MobiPocket. The author switched publishers, it seems, and this book is out of print.While this is obviously her first book, it has the same flavor and convolution of her later mysteries. Riley, Nina's stepson is still one of my favorite characters, and seeing him from the beginning adds a lot to his growth as a character throughout the series.As far as the mystery goes, Webber is good at creating credible red herrings. Though the sub-plot with Riley was pretty easy to figure out, the murder was more complicated. Definitely an enjoyable afternoon read! ( )
  robindejarnett | Feb 15, 2011 |
Landscaper Nina Quinn has a full plate: a cheating husband, a rebellious stepson, a sister getting married, an escaped 4-foot boa constrictor, missing equipment at work, and noisy neighbors. Add to the mix the recent tragic death of Joe Sandowski, the man who inspired her career choice. Someone is after the Sandowski's farm, and Nina agrees to try to find the culprit, and possible murderer. Since her husband Kev is the homicide detective in Freedom, Ohio, Nina keeps having to deal with him on multiple fronts. As the investigation turns dangerous, Nina wonders who she can trust, since she can't trust Kev. Or can she trust him as an officer, just not as a husband? Nina's fifth adventure was entitled Weeding Out Trouble. A short article about gardening written by Nina ends each book in the series.
  ktoonen | Dec 27, 2010 |
For my family, for their love and support (and for inspiring an occasional murderous thought or two) All my love
Thou shall not stuff pictures of thy husband down the garbage disposal.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060723475, Mass Market Paperback)

There's a serpent loose in Nina's garden ...

Nina Colette Ceceri Quinn's business, Taken by Surprise -- a landscaping firm specializing in surprise garden makeovers -- is the only thing in her life that seems to be thriving. Her marriage to adulterous police detective Kevin Quinn has wilted. Her antisocial stepson Riley is spreading trouble around like pungent manure. Even her gardening tools are disappearing, including a rather valuable set of hoes.

Worst of all, the delightful old man who first introduced her to the joys of horticulture is dead -- and not by natural causes. Something evil has taken root in Nina's Ohio small town, and the local police -- including dearly unbeloved Kev -- are baffled. But it's amazing what a resourceful gardener can dig up when she puts her mind to it -- though, by sticking her hands too deeply into this fetid, fertile soil, Nina might well end up planted beneath her own petunias.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:45:47 -0400)

Master landscaper Nina Colette Quinn turns sleuth to investigate the murder of the elderly man who had introduced her to the joys of horticulture.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,653,812 books! | Top bar: Always visible