All the Sweet Tomorrows by Bertrice Small

All the Sweet Tomorrows (1984)

by Bertrice Small

203457,794 (4.02)None

All the Sweet Tomorrows by Bertrice Small is a 2004 Ballantine publication.

This book was originally published back in 1984 and is a whopping 600 pages in length if you have the print copy. This is the second book in the Skye O'Malley series.

The opening of this book reminded me of how Skye started out in the first book, and I was not too happy with this set of circumstances, although I was aware something like this was going to happen, I didn't expect it to take place so soon.

Skye finds herself once again widowed and one again betrothed in an arranged marriage. This time the marriage takes place in order for her to keep her son's inheritance in tact and for her to continue to control her fortunes, but once again, the man she marries is abusive and the man she loves dropped the ball so to speak and it takes some time for him to get his ducks in a row and get the love of his life back.

The story starts out on a sad note and for me it set the tone for the first half of the book and well, I was not all that into it. I was not happy with the situation Skye was put in, and not happy with Adam for not stepping up in the first place. But, the second half really picked up and Skye of course lives out a most adventurous and action filled life. She travels far and wide, there is a passionate love story, villains and danger, action and intrigue, making this one yet another epic and sweeping romance.

Keep in mind this is an older 'bodice ripper' book which has been released into digital format. So, these days I like to include a disclaimer when reviewing these older books: These stories are not for the faint of heart, so be warned, there are some pretty rough passages here and there.

If you like strong women who overcome severe adversity without losing their spirit and the men who love them and will do whatever it takes to win them and protect them, if you like pirates, action, steamy sex scenes, and a satisfying happy ever after, then you will find this one thrilling and absorbing.

I think by the story's end the followers of this series will feel content with the knowledge that Skye has found, at long, last the man for her. I think Adam and Skye will live many a long and happy year together.

Overall 3.5 rounded to 4 ( )
  gpangel | Sep 6, 2015 |
Second book in one of my favorite series. I read this steamy historical romance again after six years and it's still a great book. It is so full of events and I felt all the characters emotions such as love, hate, happiness, sadness and more. Skye is a strong beautiful woman who deeply experiences love. ( )
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
Good historical potboiler with lots of sex. ( )
  Maya47Bob46 | Oct 12, 2013 |
Did not finish, turgid writing. ( )
  fredalss | Jun 1, 2008 |
"Alles ist deine Schuld!" schrie Skye O'Malley Burke ihren Schwiegervater an.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345334736, Mass Market Paperback)

Bestselling author Bertrice Small continues the blazing adventures of raven-haired, emerald-eyed Skye O'Malley. This time, she is a pawn in the bitter war between England's Queen Elizabeth, and Mary, Queen of Scots. Once again, unprotected and alone, she must fight for her children. At the command of Queen Elizabeth, Skye marries the cruel Duc de Beaumont de Jaspre. Although her new life is horrid at first, Skye transforms it with her hot-blooded desires--only to be shaken with the news that her beloved former husband may be alive in Algiers. Her daring flight into eroticism and danger leads her ultimately to her heart's true destiny--as bold and sensual as Skye herself. She is a woman born to be loved by men, yet too proud and incomparable to answer to anything but the call of her own passionate soul.
"Bertrice Small creates cover-to-cover passion, a keen sense of history and suspense."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:19 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,882,407 books! | Top bar: Always visible