At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks

At First Sight

by Nicholas Sparks

English (38)  German (1)  Catalan (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (41)
Jeremy Marsh é um respeitado jornalista que não consegue emplacar um relacionamento afetivo que o faça feliz. Acostumado a viajar pelo mundo à cata de lendas urbanas, Jeremy parte em direção a uma cidadezinha do sul dos Estados Unidos para investigar as misteriosas luzes de um antigo cemitério escravo que teria sido alvo de uma maldição. Lá ele conhece a bela Lexie Darnell, que irá ajudá-lo em sua fantasmagórica missão. Prestes a descobrir um segredo que poderá abalar os alicerces da comunidade, esse destruidor de mitos terá de se confrontar com o único fenômeno que considera genuinamente misterioso e sobrenatural- uma paixão avassaladora.
  melissa.gamador | Sep 4, 2014 |
This work of Sparks seemed a little disjointed and didn't flow very well. It was basically two plots that didn't intertwine very well for me. ( )
  berthacummins | Feb 7, 2014 |
Another wonderful story by Nicholas Sparks. This one is a sequal to A True Believer (I think) - following Lexie and Jeremy's love story through their courtship, into marriage and beyond. Nicely told, from Jeremy's point of view, the characters really are beautifully developed and the story engaging. ( )
  wareagle78 | Jan 26, 2014 |
I guess I should have known that there was no way everything was going to work out fine, but the ending really upset me. I almost didn't read the last 10 pages because i was so upset, and I waited a day before writing this review so I could calm down.
This book would have been perfect if it had ended like 20 pages earlier. I know that Nicholas Sparks books are almost always sad, but I almost couldn't handle this one.
At First Sight is a sequel to True Believer, which I have not read. I do not think that this affected my understanding or enjoyment of the book. The plot is briefly described at the beginning and the story lines are completely separate.
Although it was very romantic and well written, it was definitely not one of my favorite Sparks books.
I don't think I would recommend this book unless you don't empathize with books very much. I do, and this book put me in a very bad mood for awhile.
In all, I thought it was good, I just didn't like the ending :/ ( )
  Shelby_Kuzma | May 30, 2013 |
This book is more for girls and that if they life big surprise I would suggest it. The ending was very disappointing. I read this book because someone recommended it to me.
  edspicer | May 19, 2013 |
This novel is dedicated to
Miles, Ryan, Landon, Lexie and Savannah
Is love at first sight truly possible?
"Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446401269, Mass Market Paperback)

There are a few things Jeremy Marsh was sure he'd never do: he'd never leave New York City; never give his heart away again after barely surviving one failed marriage; and, most of all, never become a parent. Now, Jeremy is living in the tiny town of Boone Creek, North Carolina, married to Lexie Darnell, the love of his life, and anticipating the birth of their daughter. But just as his life seems to be settling into a blissful pattern, an unsettling and mysterious message re-opens old wounds and sets off a chain of events that will forever change the course of this young couple's marriage.

Dramatic, heartbreaking and surprising, this is a story about the love between a man and a woman and between a parent and a child. More than that, it is a story that beautifully portrays how the same emotion that can break your heart is also the one that will ultimately heal it.

While the novel picks up the tale of Lexie Darnell and Jeremy Marsh that started in True Believer and will delight fans of that novel, it stands on its own as one of Nicholas Sparks's most deeply moving love stories.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:40:49 -0400)

Jeremy Marsh is now living in Boone Creek, North Carolina, married to Lexie Darnell, and awaiting the birth of their daughter, but, just when things are looking good, an unsettling and mysterious message brings trouble from the past.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,976,540 books! | Top bar: Always visible