The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson

The Dream Giver (edition 2003)

by Bruce Wilkinson (Author), David Kopp (Collaborator), Heather Kopp (Collaborator)

Member:brodiew2
Title:The Dream Giver
Authors:Bruce Wilkinson (Author)
Other authors:David Kopp (Collaborator), Heather Kopp (Collaborator)
Info:Multnomah Books (2003), Edition: 1st, 157 pages
Collections:Your library, To read

The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson

I have just read as much of The Prayer of Jabez as I could stand. Reflecting, I realised that it wasn't my first encounter with this author. I read The Dream Giver whilst serving on-board a missionary ship. A friend highly recommended it so I found it in the ship library. I remember being disappointed and thinking it reminded me of the Christian hedonism principle espoused by John Piper which I don't have much time for.

This book is an allegory in the style of Pilgrim's Progress or Hinds Feet on High Places but it falls short in every area by comparison. The main reason it falls short is because the underlying principle is erroneous--it is all about living our dreams in the here and now or as Joel Osteen would say "Your best life now..." It might be a "nice story" but encouraging people to focus on their earthly dreams, ambitions and successes even with God in the picture is a recipe for disaster.

This book was not as offensive or dangerous as the Jabez one, I just think its focus is in the wrong place and it may distract people from taking up their cross and following Jesus. Also, what happens when the inevitable suffering and trials come or dreams fail?......let's set our minds on things above instead, then we won't be shaken. ( )
1 vote sparkleandchico | Jun 2, 2017 |
Great book for those that want to achieve their dream. ( )
  Isabelmore | Nov 1, 2013 |
A modern-day parable explains how to achieve one's dreams and overcome the obstacles that stand in the way of leading the life God intended.
  ingxangxosi | Aug 24, 2012 |
Stellar! ( )
  tsubasa7th | Aug 27, 2011 |
Read a review of this somewhere on LT, and put it on my Christmas list. I try to savor books, but I gobbled this one up in a day. I love this book because it tells me to believe in myself and my dreams, as well as to put my faith and trust in God. This book gives me the courage to pursue my dreams. ( )
1 vote MissLizzy | Dec 27, 2006 |

Bruce Wilkinsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kopp, DavidContributorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kopp, HeatherContributorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is for anyone who has ever hoped or believed they could achieve something remarkable with their lives.
Not long ago and not far away, a Nobody named Ordinary lived in the Land of Familiar.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159052201X, Hardcover)

Bestselling author Bruce Wilkinson shows how to identify and overcome the obstacles that keep millions from living the life they were created for. He begins with a compelling modern-day parable about Ordinary, who dares to leave the Land of Familiar to pursue his Big Dream. With the help of the Dream Giver, Ordinary begins the hardest and most rewarding journey of his life. Wilkinson gives readers practical, biblical keys to fulfilling their own dream, revealing that there's no limit to what God can accomplish when we choose to pursue the dreams He gives us for His honor.

Are you living your dream— or just living your life?

Welcome to a little story about a very big idea. This compelling modern-day parable tells the story of Ordinary, who dares to leave the Land of Familiar to pursue his Big Dream.

You, too, have been given a Big Dream. One that can change your life. One that the Dream Giver wants you to achieve. Does your Big Dream seem hopelessly out of reach? Are you waiting for something or someone to make your dream happen?

Then you’re ready for The Dream Giver.

Let Bruce Wilkinson show you how to rise above the ordinary, conquer your fears, and overcome the obstacles that keep you from living your Big Dream.

You were made for this. Now it’s time to begin your journey.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:45 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,066,378 books! | Top bar: Always visible