Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

My Life Next Door

by Huntley Fitzpatrick

LOVED .。oO ( ♡ ) ( )
  KimmyLola | Feb 4, 2019 |
My Life Next Door is a cute, light summer read. It's about a girl named Samantha who live with her over the top single mother that is running for Senate and Jase, the boy next door who has a lot of siblings. Sam's mother is very judgmental of the Garrett's, Sam sits outside to watch them often while growing up to see the chaotic world they live in with so many people. One day Jase comes up to her while shes outside and they fall in love, she gets more involved with his family while she never introduces him to her friends or mother, when she finally does it's surprising. Then the book takes a weird turn that I found unnecessary. Sam's mom hits and run Jase's father one night with Sam in the car but she's asleep. Sam is unsure if it was her mom when she hears Mr Garrett is hurt, realizes it is, confronts her, threatened not to tell by her mom's boyfrined, breaks up with Jase, tells him, back together, her mom finally confesses and drops out of the Senate race. Okay.

I liked the start of this book because Sam and Jase seem like normal teenagers and their relationship comes off as real. There is nothing supernatural, no drama, no over the top romantic gestures. Just them and their growing relationship over the summer. The real plot through out the beginning of the book is how will Sam's mom react if/when she finds out she's dating Jase, but instead that part is just glossed over and the book goes off in a tangent with the hit and run. I didn't care for that part at all, why can't the book just be about their relationship and her mom's reaction? Or even take it a step further and have Sam get pregnant and Jase takes off like her dad did, that's what I expected to happen. Or at least nothing as dramatic as a hit and run lol. 3.5/5 ( )
  wellreadcatlady | Oct 4, 2018 |
There are really three things that contributed to my enjoyment of this book: the unexpected plot twists, the Garrett family, and Tim. After reading through a bunch of the reviews already written here, the plot twists and the Garretts are generally thought of as solid aspects of the book for everyone, but I actually think that Tim was the greatest aspect of the book for me personally. Don't get wrong, he was a total douche. However, he was a douche that grew on you as the story went on. His mannerisms and lines really just kept me reading when I really wasn't feeling the story any longer. I'm really looking forward to reading the sequel about him!!!

There is generally one thing that I disliked about this book: Sam. I didn't necessarily dislike Sam at first but somewhere in the middle of the story I lost all connection to her. She suddenly seemed a bit whiny and acted like dating Jase turned her into a different being or something. Their entire relationship seemed rushed, actually. However, I let it pass since it was cute.

Overall, it was a nice read!!! I initially struggled between rating it with three stars or four stars but I eventually settled with three. ( )
  spellbindingstories | May 24, 2018 |
This was a really kind of a mixed bag for me. I found a lot of the characters to be endearing, and the relationships mostly likeable, so it was a really easy read. I also really liked the family aspects - the Garrett's were so sweet. But, I feel like the story got bogged down in the second half by drama and just got kind of ridiculous, and I couldn't focus on anything this besides the fact that the plot was so unreal. While there was some cute moments, this was just forgettable. ( )
  LifeofaLiteraryNerd | Apr 27, 2018 |
Just as good the second time around! Loved it. ( )
  mmalyn | Feb 24, 2018 |
Samantha has spent her whole life in her large home, trying to be the opposite of her older sister and be the perfect daughter for her politician mother. But Samantha can’t help but watch the Garrett’s next door from her window. They are the one thing in the world she is forbade to associate with, per her mother’s instructions.

The Garrett family is loud, and there’s a new one every few years. Toys litter their yard, as do cars. And one night she is seen by Jase Garrett–who proceeds to climb the trellis and knock on her window. And then, seventeen year old Samantha Reed’s life begins. Suddenly, her private school education and country club membership mean little. She begins to realize that the world is larger than her home and her already planned life. And Jase’s kisses make her come alive.
added by gothamgal | editAlwaysReiding, Nicole Reid (Jan 4, 2014)

Of course, to Colette Corry.
The words “best friend” will never say enough.
The Garretts were forbidden from the start.

When Samantha, the seventeen-year-old daugher of a wealthy, perfectionistic, Republican state senator, falls in love with the boy next door, whose family is large, boisterous, and just making ends meet, she discovers a different way to live, but when her mother is involved in a hit-and-run accident Sam must make some difficult choices.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,450,495 books! | Top bar: Always visible