My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

My Life Next Door (edition 2012)

by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Info:Dial (2012), Hardcover, 304 pages
Collections:2013 Archive
Tags:Romance, Teens, Contemporary, Tweens, Issues, Aimee Swift, 2013

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

yeah it was good i loved it i just found samantha annoying at times but it was good i recommend it if you're looking for something light and refreshing. ( )
  Banoczi_Henrietta | Jun 19, 2017 |
4.5/5 Stars

Sadness, just plain sadness....That's what I felt....

When it ended.....

It was like...oh, I don't know...Closing the book on friends! Characters you become attached to & would love to sit on your balcony or trellis and watch! I just couldn't get enough of the Garrett's! That whole family is a messy, crazy, loud, wonderful Family! Not perfect by any means...huge....crazy...loud...messy (yeah, I said all of that already lol)...Happy Family!

Then, you have the Reed's...too put together, dysfunctional family with an OCD mom....What can you say about them other than that?!?! Not much.

There isn't really a whole lot that I can really say about this book except that I really did love it and I wasn't able to just put it down and pick up another book right away and try to figure out what else I want to read like I normally do because a book as affected my senses that much! Now, I can't say this is a total favorite because it had it's slow reads moments, but it was still very good none-the-less.

I also listened to the audio-book while reading this so that helped tremendously, especially when it comes down to getting through the slow parts. My main issue with the Narrator (Amy Rubinate) though is her "breathy" reading. It's almost like she was reading while sighing...Many times, I could tune out the "breathy" talking...sometimes, I couldn't and it was annoying during those times. But when I could tune it out, it was really good. ( )
  obridget2 | May 14, 2017 |
I am giving this 4.5 stars. I enjoyed it so much more than I thought, and honestly did not think I was going to finish this after the first few chapters. I am so glad I did.

I love all of the characters in this story from Sam and Jase, to his entertaining siblings. I enjoyed what the Garrets bring to the story as a real family (with real love and real struggles).
I think Tim kept the story going in the first half of the book. I was not a huge fan of Nan. Gracie and Clay were great villains. Everyone played such a crucial role in this book, and was one reason I really loved it.

I adored the romance! It also kept the book moving for me...until the twists. Jase and Sam were too cute!

I did not see the twist coming at all! I knew the twist was going to involve Clay, but my mind was in a whole different area thinking about what may happen. I think the twist was good, but I wish it would have been resolved a little differently.

Overall, really enjoyed this and I will be continuing on with the series. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Apr 16, 2017 |
I loved this book!! I adored the main characters... I even liked Samantha's mother at the end haha I am amazed that the author was able to develop characters so completely in such a relatively short book. I rooted for them, I cried for them, and I wanted to hit some of them!!! I highly recommend picking this up!! :) ( )
  pickleroad | Nov 10, 2016 |
To the point: This book was an endearing tale of first love and what its like to stand up for what you believe in.

Review: I’ve been hearing of this book for awhile now and wanted to read it. Finally summer came around and I thought it would be the perfect time to read it. This book was everything I thought it would be and more. It was such a cute and endearing tale. I thought it would just be a cute and simple summer read but I was mistaken, it was much more than that. Samantha Reed comes from a “perfect family” she has money and everything comes easy to her. Her mother is poised and tries to be perfect. This is why she hates the people next door, her neighbors the Garrets. They are everything she is not: loud, messy and disorganized. Mr. and Mrs. Garret have eight children; all her life Samantha has watched them from her rooftop. She always wondered what it would be like to be one of them. Well this summer everything changes; she meets Jase Garret and soon they start a romance. Their relationship is sweet and wonderful. As Samantha explores these new feelings disaster strikes and all too soon she is faced with some tough choices. She finds herself keeping a horrible secret, losing the people she loves and deciding between what is right and wrong.
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It had me laughing and smiling all the time. I found myself wanting to be part of the Garret family. They way their characters were developed was amazing. It felt like a real family, in fact they reminded me of mine. This story was about everything, not just first love but also friendship and more importantly family. I know I won’t forget these characters any time soon. Especially George!

Favorite Quote: “You have to kiss me," I find myself saying.
"Yeah." He leans closer. "I do.”

miss_booklion | Nov 6, 2016 |
Samantha has spent her whole life in her large home, trying to be the opposite of her older sister and be the perfect daughter for her politician mother. But Samantha can’t help but watch the Garrett’s next door from her window. They are the one thing in the world she is forbade to associate with, per her mother’s instructions.

The Garrett family is loud, and there’s a new one every few years. Toys litter their yard, as do cars. And one night she is seen by Jase Garrett–who proceeds to climb the trellis and knock on her window. And then, seventeen year old Samantha Reed’s life begins. Suddenly, her private school education and country club membership mean little. She begins to realize that the world is larger than her home and her already planned life. And Jase’s kisses make her come alive.
added by gothamgal | editAlwaysReiding, Nicole Reid (Jan 4, 2014)

Of course, to Colette Corry.
The words “best friend” will never say enough.
The Garretts were forbidden from the start.

When Samantha, the seventeen-year-old daugher of a wealthy, perfectionistic, Republican state senator, falls in love with the boy next door, whose family is large, boisterous, and just making ends meet, she discovers a different way to live, but when her mother is involved in a hit-and-run accident Sam must make some difficult choices.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,236,889 books! | Top bar: Always visible