Bitter Sweets by G. A. McKevett

Bitter Sweets (1996)

by G. A. McKevett

All Georgia sass Savannah Reid and her assistant Tammy Hart get their first case. Along with the all male Detective Coulter who tries not to let his soft side show except for Savannah's cooking and junk food. Savannah is searching for a sister,Lisa, whom at the time is trying to stay in hiding because of an abusive ex husband who wants their daughter. Not knowing that the man who hired her, is no other than the ex dressed up like Lisa's brother. If you have already read this read it again and jump back to where things begin. I have of course read the newest book first and now am going in order. It only took the one to get me hooked on these delectable mysteries. ( )
  ldybug | Oct 6, 2011 |
Savannah Reid uses all her Southern charms to solve a murder. In this book, after being railroaded out of the police department, she has set up her new PI agency in ritzy San Carmelita, California and eagerly awaits her first client. Brian O'Donnell calls the office and wants Savannah to locate his missing sister, Lisa Mallock. Questions arise and Savannah with her assistant, Tammy, and friend,Ryan, must figure out who exactly O'Donnell is, why he wants to really find his sister, and most horrible of all, why the sister is killed.Thanks to herone remaining friend and ex-partner,Dirk, at the police station, Savannah learns not only how Lisa is killed, she also is a suspect for the murder.
Second in the series, this book is a great introduction to a smart,quirky, modern sleuth sure to charm the pants off anyone. Granny Reid alone is an excellent reason to read these mysteries! ( )
  elliezann | Oct 3, 2010 |
This is the 2nd in the series and I enjoyed this one much like the first. They've prove to be really quick reads with enjoyable characters and a solid storyline. My only complaint is that being only the 2nd book in the series I wish the author had gone back and refreshed my/the reader's memory of who the players are in Savannah Reid's detective agency - I'm still trying remember where the character Tammy came from in the first book. I'm looking forward to continuing with the rest of the series. ( )
  she_climber | Feb 21, 2010 |
I really like these mysteries, fun, but with some meat to them. ( )
  bookwormteri | Dec 7, 2006 |

Sexy Savanna Reid has finally established herself as PI in posh San Carmelita. When a real estate broker asks her to find his sister, she's overjoyed, especially when she solves the case so quickly. However, the woman is murdered, and Savannah wonders if she unwittingly played a part in a clever double cross.

Newly established PI Savannah Reid of California, unjustly fired from the police force, lands her first client. A man is looking for his sister to share an inheritance. No sooner does Reid find the sister than she is murdered. Was the killer the brother, or is there another killer?… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,475,024 books! | Top bar: Always visible