Caterpillar Kisses: Lessons My Kindergarten…

Caterpillar Kisses: Lessons My Kindergarten Class Taught Me About Life

by Christine Pisera Naman

9None950,433NoneNone

No reviews

“When [my kindergartners] left me, they left me with the most wonderful memories and the imprints of their kisses upon my heart. To me, the blessed little events, the tiny magical moments, and the wonderful quick coincidences were like kisses.” —From the Introduction

A former kindergarten teacher, Christine Pisera Naman watched over many classes of five-year-olds as they made their way through the school year and discovered new things about themselves and the world around them. In Caterpillar Kisses, she turns her observations and insights into twelve delightful real-life vignettes, one for each month of the year.

The stories bring to life events, large and small, that help these wiggly, unsure caterpillars grow into beautiful and confident butterflies. From a first trip to the zoo to making angels in the snow, the kids embrace every new experience with all the silliness, enthusiasm, and wonder familiar to anyone who has spent time with a five-year-old. Naman explores the more difficult moments of childhood as well, offering sensitive, reassuring stories about the fear of thunderstorms and encountering death for the first time. Life lessons are tucked within everyday activities, including a hilarious session of learning (literally) how to walk in the other guy’s shoes and another emphasizing the importance of making others feel accepted. But the students are not the only ones undergoing change. During the course of the year, their teacher learns the best way to deal with too many “apples for the teacher” and comes to understand the true meaning of spirituality and the simple joy of dancing in the rain.

Alternately laugh-out-loud funny and poignant, Caterpillar Kisses illustrates the good things that come from looking at life through the eyes of children. It is perfect for anyone looking for the magic in everyday life.

“Luminous! Sometimes, when spending time with children, it is just so clear that they are our teachers.  Caterpillar Kisses shows us some of the small but tender lessons we stumble upon during the metamorphosis that occurs each and every day in a young child’s life.”

—Ann S. Ruethling, founder and vice president of merchandising, Chinaberry, Inc.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:50 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,238,756 books! | Top bar: Always visible