Blind Alley by Iris Johansen

Blind Alley

by Iris Johansen

Series: Eve Duncan (5)

English (8)  German (1)  All languages (9)
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

I read Blind Alley, which is the fifth book in the Eve Duncan series after reading book six, Countdown. Of course that was a fantastic idea . Either way, I wouldn't recommend it as this leaves you with a lot of spoilers for Blind Alley.

If you can set aside the complete unrealism that surrounds the story, it is actually quite an entertaining read. I read it a few years ago when I went to one of my suspense-phases in which I would read a lot of those book. (At the moment I'm not really in such a phase).

The characters were not the best or most sympathetic that I've encountered and the same goes for the story. Like I said, if you are looking for realistic or believable crime stories, keep looking, because you won't find it here. But if you don't mind from time to time, these aren't so bad. ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
Jennifer Van Dyck
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
Slowly working my way through all the random books I've acquired. This one has been on my bookshelf for years, and don't remember the circumstances under which I acquired it. I usually give every book 50 pages (bound) or 20 minutes (audio), but gave it up when I started skipping paragraphs on p. 30. This is an example of why I try to stay away from endless romance/mystery/thriller series that feature a main character. The 30 pages I read were almost entirely exposition, catching the reader up on everyone's backstories while trying to introduce the new elements of the current story. It's mind numbing, and not at all entertaining. And even after 30 pages of explanations, I don't care about Joe, or Eve, or Jane, or Ruth, or why the killer is doing... whatever.
  PortM | Nov 30, 2013 |
ereader ebook
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
EVE DUNCAN
  rustyoldboat | May 28, 2011 |

Iris Johansenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dunne, BernadetteNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553586505, Mass Market Paperback)

The New York Times bestselling author of Firestorm, Iris Johansen, returns with a psychological thriller so terrifying, so relentlessly paced, it won’t leave you time to catch your breath before the next shock comes. A forensic sculptor is locked in a deadly duel with a serial killer determined to destroy her—one life at a time.

Eve Duncan’s job is to put a face on the faceless victims of violent crimes. Her work not only comforts their survivors—but helps catch their killers. But there is another, more personal reason that Eve Duncan is driven to do the kind of work she does—a dark nightmare from a past she can never bury. And as she works on the skull of a newly discovered victim, that past is about to return all over again.

The victim is a Jane Doe found murdered, her face erased beyond recognition. But whoever killed her wasn’t just trying to hide her identity. The plan was far more horrifying. For as the face forms under Eve’s skilled hands, she is about to get the shock of her life. The victim is someone she knows all too well. Someone who isn’t dead. Yet.

Instantly Eve’s peaceful life is shattered. The sanctuary of the lakeside cottage she shares with Atlanta detective Joe Quinn and their adopted daughter Jane has been invaded by a killer who’s sent the grimmest of threats: the face of his next victim. To stop him, Eve must put her own life in the balance and question everything and everyone she trusts. Not even Quinn can go where Eve must go this time.

As the trail of faceless bodies leads to a chilling revelation, Eve finds herself trying to catch a master murderer whose grisly work is a testament to a mind warped by perversion and revenge. Now she must pit her skills against his in a showdown where the stakes are life itself—and where the unbearable cost of failure will make Eve’s own murder seem like a mercy killing.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:32 -0400)

Forensic sculptor Eve Duncan confronts her ultimate challenge when she is asked to identify the victims of a serial killer who is going to remarkable lengths to hide the identity of his victims.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,885,422 books! | Top bar: Always visible