Cause for Alarm (MIRA) by Erica Spindler

Cause for Alarm (MIRA) (original 1999; edition 2005)

by Erica Spindler

Member:EricaSpindler
Title:Cause for Alarm (MIRA)
Authors:Erica Spindler
Info:Mira Books (2005), Paperback, 512 pages

Cause For Alarm by Erica Spindler (1999)

English (3)  Dutch (1)  All languages (4)
Lang geleden gekocht en gelezen. Ondanks dat de achterflap een spannend boek belooft, weet ik het niet meer zo. Herlezen en dan een recensie schrijven.
  BoekenTrol71 | Mar 31, 2013 |
Visiting my local book store I searched for Erica Spindler novels as I’m a devoted fan and reader. Cause for Alarm was calling out my name and it didn’t take me long to read it once I got it home.

Published in 2005 I’m still not sure how this novel, and author, stayed hidden from me for so long but now that I’ve read a few of her books I need to read them all.

Life was perfect for so many of the characters in this novel and yet the underlying feeling it gave me was that even smiles can hide sadness.

Kate and Richard have the perfect life – money, love, a long future together. The only thing missing for Kate is a baby, for Richard the role of District Attorney and for both a good friend who was caught in the middle. Kate loved both men, for different reasons, but when Richard asked her to marry him she said yes, not realizing this may have been done for all the wrong reasons. I’m sure we’ve all looked back and wondered if we did the right thing when it comes to marriage, Kate is just being bombarded with reasons why she didn’t.

Discovering Richard’s inability to have a child didn’t stop the couple from having a family and Richard, although obviously and cruelly hesitant (to the readers, not Kate), agreed to adoption which happened much faster for them then he would have liked. Julianna, the mother of their child, came from a twisted relationship and trusted all would be righted by giving her child to Kate before whisking Richard away on her fantasy.

Hired killers, hired lovers, assassins, a best-selling author, coffee shop owner and lawyer make up the main characters of this book and are all so different each reader can fall in love, pretend to be, and hate their own one. The story also made me appreciate the humdrum and romance of my own life and inspires me to think outside the coffee cup when it comes to my future.

Thanks Erica Spindler, it was a ride I’ll never forget!

And, as always, thank you for reading,

Sarah Butland ( )
  Sarah_Butland | Aug 10, 2011 |
Cause for Alarm

Richard and Kate Ryan agree that the time is right to add to their family. But, there is a glitch in their timeline. Kate is unable to get pregnant. They go through various testings to no avail. Kate and Richard finally agree to go through the adoption process.

Julianna is the girl who does not want to be pregnant. Her lover wants her to get an abortion. She is at a crossroads in her life and is unsure of what she wants to do about the baby. She visits with a doctor about her situation and to get vitamins. He also informs her about an adoption agency where they will pay for doctor bills and living expenses. She really likes this idea since she will not have to work anymore. She visits with the agency where she agrees to put her baby up for adoption.

There is a twist in this story though. She chooses Kate and Richard to be the parents of her child. She falls in love with their lifestyle and for their background. Julianna is not only thinking of her child but for herself as well. You see, she fell in love in Richard too and will do everything in her power to get him.

I really enjoyed this book. I have read several adoption stories in this past but nothing like this. This was my first Erica Spindler read and will be reading more of her books. ( )
  suzanne5002 | Oct 16, 2010 |

Erica Spindlerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Trouw, MiekeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my sons
Light blazed from every window of Kate and Richard Ryan's grand old home on Mandeville's Lakeshore Drive.

Their dream became a nightmare...Nineteen year-old Julianna Starr has chosen Kate and Richard to be more than the parents of her child. Julianna knows that Richard is the man of her fantasies, the one she's been waiting for.As tormented Julianna begins to mould herself in Kate's image, she insinuates herself into Richard's life, determined to tear their perfect marriage apart and have Richard for herself.But for Kate and Richard, the nightmare has only begun. Because Julianna is not alone. From her dark past comes a man of unspeakable evil...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:17 -0400)

Kate and Richard Ryan have the perfect marriage marred only by their inability to have a child. The adoption agencys call fulfills that dream and opens the door to a nightmare Julianna Starr has chosen Kate and Richard to be more than the parents of her child. For Richard is the man of her fantasies, the one shes been waiting for. Stalking the couple, Julianna molds herself in Kates image and insinuates herself into Richards life, determined to tear their perfect marriage apart. But for Kate and Richard, the nightmare has only begun. Because Julianna is not alone. From her dark past comes a man of unspeakable evil No one is safe not even the innocent child Kate and Richard call their own.… (more)

Erica Spindler is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,337,417 books! | Top bar: Always visible