Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Comfort and Joy by Kristin Hannah

Comfort and Joy

by Kristin Hannah

Finished this the day before Christmas eve. A good time to read. Sweet book but just fluff really. ( )
  Smits | Dec 23, 2018 |
This was an interesting Christmas read. Joy Candellaro is trying to get over her husband falling in love with her sister so she takes an unexpected flight to get away but the plane crashes. She does walk away but there is another explosion. She finds her way to a cabin and meets a father and son, Daniel and Bobby, and she hopes to be able start over again. You will have to read this book for yourself because there is an unexpected twist and a very surprising ending. I found this book to be very thought provoking and magical at the same time. I look forward to reading more of Hannah's books as I do enjoy her writing. ( )
  EadieB | Dec 12, 2018 |
Loved this! ( )
  Tiffy_Reads | Mar 19, 2018 |
Meh...wanted a fluffy book this week, but this didn't satisfy. I was not comfortable with the ending. I'll sit with it a bit before making more comments. ( )
  beebeereads | Dec 23, 2017 |
This was a bit too much of a romance for me. Also, I'm not easily convinced of out-of-body experiences, though I don't totally dispute it either. That having been said, this book did have some substance to it, and I liked the character development, but this book was not nearly the qualify of Nightingale. ( )
  whymaggiemay | Dec 18, 2017 |
It's a dangerous business...going out of your door. You step into the Road and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
For Benjamin
Christmas parties are the star on the top of my "don't" list this year.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345483790, Mass Market Paperback)

New York Times bestselling author Kristin Hannah is beloved by readers around the world for her unique blend of powerful emotion and exquisite storytelling. In Comfort & Joy, she offers a modern-day fairy tale—the story of a woman who gets a miraculous chance at happiness.

Joy Candellaro once loved Christmas more than any other time of the year. Now, as the holiday approaches, she is at a crossroads in her life; recently divorced and alone, she can’t summon the old enthusiasm for celebrating. So without telling anyone, she buys a ticket and boards a plane bound for the beautiful Pacific Northwest. When an unexpected detour takes her deep into the woods of the Olympic rainforest, Joy makes a bold decision to leave her ordinary life behind—to just walk away—and thus begins an adventure unlike any she could have imagined.

In the small town of Rain Valley, six-year-old Bobby O’Shea is facing his first Christmas without a mother. Unable to handle the loss, Bobby has closed himself off from the world, talking only to his invisible best friend. His father Daniel is beside himself, desperate to help his son cope. Yet when the little boy meets Joy, these two unlikely souls form a deep and powerful bond. In helping Bobby and Daniel heal, Joy finds herself again.

But not everything is as it seems in quiet Rain Valley, and in an instant, Joy’s world is ripped apart, and her heart is broken. On a magical Christmas Eve, a night of impossible dreams and unexpected chances, Joy must find the courage to believe in a love—and a family—that can’t possibly exist, and go in search of what she wants . . . and the new life only she can find.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:30 -0400)

Recently divorced and having no family of her own, Joy Candellaro is beginning to dream of a new life with widower Daniel O'Shea and his son, Bobby, until a fateful Christmas Eve forces her to make a painful choice.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,482,359 books! | Top bar: Always visible