Drops from the Kingdom: The Silver Arrow by…

Drops from the Kingdom: The Silver Arrow (edition 2011)

by Larry Itejere

Member:Jess_Sutherland
Title:Drops from the Kingdom: The Silver Arrow
Authors:Larry Itejere
Info:LC Publishing (2011), Paperback, 358 pages
Rating:**

Drops from the Kingdom: The Silver Arrow by Larry Itejere

children's books (1) Drops (1) fantasy (3) fiction (1) kingdom (1) Larry (1) nope (1) series (1) teen (1) YA (1) young adult (1)

I really liked the premise and developement of this story, at times it was confusing and hard to follow, but many questions get answered along the way. At times I felt the story was a little stagnant then at other times a little to jumpy. Overlooking the grammer and odd sentence structure this story has some really good bones to it. I think with a bit of editing and revision it will be an excellent series. ( )
  MarniGreatrex | Jun 15, 2013 |
Don't let the cover fool you, it looks more like a book for younger people, but I found the story very detailed and it kept the mind working. It was in no way a boring at all. It was very fast paced.

As a young boy he has a dream that plagues him, his father then helps him discover what the dream means and what his destiny will be.

My only negative comment would be that in some areas added information could be used to make sure the reader knows what is happening. ( )
  LRitte | May 17, 2013 |
I agree with chickey1981, this novel was difficult for me to understand and get into due to the various spelling and grammar mistakes.

I read my books on a kindle using the text-to-speech feature and having excellent grammar and spelling in a novel when using this feature is essential. This meant that I was unable to finish the novel because it was too difficult to follow the story. ( )
  Jess_Sutherland | Dec 20, 2012 |
I won this book from Librarything in exchange for an honest review.

I really wanted to like this book. It has scope. It has a world creation of many characters and places, with many evil creatures, also all invented from Itejere's imagination. I was impressed by that.

However, the execution was clumsy. It was very difficult for me to get through. But because I didn't want to give it only one star (which is the rating I give when I cannot finish a book), I slogged through to the end. The sentence structure does not flow well (some sentences repeated as if the author forgot they were there), the characters don't speak realistically, and there are endless mispellings, grammar and structure mistakes. I never cheered for any one character and just was waiting for it to be finished. Which is too bad, because I think with better writing, the story had potential. ( )
  chickey1981 | Feb 19, 2012 |

This is a teen fantasy novel that shows the struggle between good and evil, as characters determined to save humanity cross paths with characters determined to destroy it. A book both parents and children alike will enjoy.

Larry Itejere is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,329,170 books! | Top bar: Always visible