Drops from the Kingdom: The Silver Arrow by…

Drops from the Kingdom: The Silver Arrow (edition 2011)

by Larry Itejere

Title:Drops from the Kingdom: The Silver Arrow
Authors:Larry Itejere
Info:LC Publishing (2011), Paperback, 358 pages

Drops from the Kingdom: The Silver Arrow by Larry Itejere

I finished this book in a week, so it was an easy read. The story shift from the present to the past as it follows Iseac , one of the lead characters who learned as a boy that he was different. Born with a gift he did not understand, and is suppose to use to save his world.

Itejere does a good job of describing all that is going as the story unfolded, but was sometimes too detailed. It didn’t take away from the story which had a good balance of action, magic and romance.

Overall, a very good story that I would recommend to young readers ages 12 and older. For adults that like fantasy novels, this is worth added to your short list. ( )
  lite31200 | Feb 4, 2015 |
I read The Silver Arrow because I wanted to experience a book written for young adults. I read books and watch movies to be entertained. I was very pleasantly surprised after reading Larry Itejere's book. I wouldn't limit this book to young adult no more than I would limit Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game to an adult book. As I read the story, it just kept getting better and better. Larry let the story unfold in a perfect pace. Lots of action, tension, and a perfect mix of description. I have read some books that spent pages describing a scene and in doing so the story became lost to the reader... not Larry. It was the perfect blend of action and scene description. Once I started, I didn't want to stop reading- that's the sign of a good book. I would highly recommend The Silver Arrow for both young adults and adults alike. ( )
  LarryGerovac | Feb 1, 2015 |
I really liked the premise and developement of this story, at times it was confusing and hard to follow, but many questions get answered along the way. At times I felt the story was a little stagnant then at other times a little to jumpy. Overlooking the grammer and odd sentence structure this story has some really good bones to it. I think with a bit of editing and revision it will be an excellent series. ( )
  MarniGreatrex | Jun 15, 2013 |
Don't let the cover fool you, it looks more like a book for younger people, but I found the story very detailed and it kept the mind working. It was in no way a boring at all. It was very fast paced.

As a young boy he has a dream that plagues him, his father then helps him discover what the dream means and what his destiny will be.

My only negative comment would be that in some areas added information could be used to make sure the reader knows what is happening. ( )
  LRitte | May 17, 2013 |
I agree with chickey1981, this novel was difficult for me to understand and get into due to the various spelling and grammar mistakes.

I read my books on a kindle using the text-to-speech feature and having excellent grammar and spelling in a novel when using this feature is essential. This meant that I was unable to finish the novel because it was too difficult to follow the story. ( )
1 vote Jess_Sutherland | Dec 20, 2012 |

Larry Itejere is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,773,918 books! | Top bar: Always visible