Ascent from Darkness: How Satan's…

Ascent from Darkness: How Satan's Soldier Became God's Warrior (edition 2011)

by Michael Leehan

Member:Allizabeth
Title:Ascent from Darkness: How Satan's Soldier Became God's Warrior
Authors:Michael Leehan
Info:Thomas Nelson (2011), Paperback, 272 pages
Rating:*****

Ascent from Darkness: How Satan's Soldier Became God's Warrior by Michael Leehan

Ascent from Darkness by Michael Leehan is not a book one should read lightly or take lightly. It is dark and intense from the beginning to the end. There is no denying that is an excellently written story: gripping and emotional. It is also one that I believe every mature Christian should read when they are ready to learn about what Satanism is and what it entails. The novel is the true story of the author, Micheal Leehan who, for 20 years of his life, was a hard core satanist. When he was 33 years old he made the decision to renounce God and allow Satan into his heart and into his life. The book retells his journey and transformation from satanism, which is filled with darkness, loss and suffering, to the day when he finally allows the goodness and light of God back into his soul.

When I started reading this book I found that once I picked it up I could not put it down. I read the entire novel in one sitting because I needed to finish it, to see what happened, to see a happy ending to his life of misery, evil and darkness. While I did enjoy this book, I wish I would have known what I was getting into before I read it. It was scary, and opened my eyes to a world I knew existed, but knew absolutely nothing about. It is terrifying to me how well a Satanist blends in, and how one who serves Satan strives to ruin the lives of those filled with the light of God. When I finished it, I found myself incredibly uneasy, and I barely slept that night. I was full of apprehension and fear, and I discerned a spiritual oppression around me for a few days. My mind was full of thoughts of Satan and the book, which is why I warn those who are not ready to learn more about spiritual warfare and about what goes on unseen in the world of Satan and evil to prayfully consider reading this book. It has the capacity to overwhelm the reader if not careful. All that aside, however, this is an excellent novel in which God eventually triumphs over evil and as I said before I definitely recommend this to a mature Christian who is strong in their faith.

Note: I received this book for free from Booklook Bloggers for my honest review. ( )
  Lexistar08 | Sep 24, 2014 |

Lexistar08 | Sep 24, 2014 |
Incredible true story of how one man became a mighty warrior for God after being a satanist. It truly shows how God is sovereign and He will not let you slip from His hand if He calls you to be His. ( )
  Brenda63 | Apr 12, 2012 |
Description:
Ascent From Darkness is the true story of Michael Leehan, a man who felt abandoned by God and turned to Satanism. Michael's whole life seemed to be submerged in a darkness he couldn't defeat, so he gave in. He had a loving family, friends that cared about him, and was brought up going to church, but no one seemed to be able to get though to him, especially after he experienced cult life and became "Satan's soldier". He goes through so much torment because of this, breaking apart his family, losing his job, cutting, suicidal thoughts, and an attempted murder; a downward spiral that almost lands him in jail and worse. Thankfully, he turns back to serving God before he loses his life, or takes the life of someone else.

Review:
I am a strong-willed Christian and a firm believer in redemption and forgiveness. That in mind, I knew that this book would be challenge for me because I was brought up with religion and I have never imagined not being a God-fearing Christian. Surprisingly, after the first chapter I couldn't put the book down. Michael's story both horrified and amazed me. It is unbelievable all that he went through and all that it took for him to get where he is today, faithfully serving the Lord. This is a book that every Christian should read because the devil is very real, and he is always trying to weasel his way into our lives, whether we recognize his influence or not. His story is gripping, heart-breaking, and inspiring. I believe I am a stronger individual and Christian after reading this. Overall, both style and substance were evident and appreciated. I recommend Ascent From Darkness to Christians and anyone who who wants to explore the real-world of God vs. Satan. ( )
  Allizabeth | Oct 9, 2011 |
Title of Book: ASCENT FROM DARKNESS (A TRUE STORY)
Author: Michael Leehan is an evangelist and minister. He serves through Solus Christus Ministries, a nonprofit organization that offers hope and redemption through the power of God’s Love, Truth, and Knowledge of His Word.
ISBN Number: 978-0-8499-4703-2
Price: $15.95
Paperback
5 Out of 5 points
Headline for Book Review: Deliverance from the snares of the Devil
I have to thank BookSneeze for this wonderful book delivered for my honest review. I finished this book in one day as I could not put it down. I am a faithful servant of Christ and I have to let all of the readers know that before you open this book to say a prayer. This is something you will need as the author Michael will tell you his true story of his demonic oppression with Satan and the real life events that took place. I have an extensive research background and faith in Christ in order to be able to read this book and not be overcome with the words the Devil and his schemes. I have done research on the “Cults.” This book is not for everyone. I wanted to read it because of the words “TRUE STORY.” Those stories are what everyone needs to hear.
“This gripping story from darkness to light will move you. Challenge you. Inspire you. And change you.” Craig Groeschel, Senior Pastor, LifeChruch.tv.
“To those who struggle and strive to get through each day in a world that seems detached and broken.”
Mike tried to commit suicide and with a drug overdose. The scary thing is that I know many who have tried to do just that, those whom did succeed and those whom did not. It is my belief that there are two kinds of people in the world: God’s People and Satan’s People. It was Michael’s belief that if God did not help him and God abandoned him that he should just turn his life over to Satan. I was amazed at how Mike lived his life during his struggle of God vs. Satan. I wish not to disclose the depths of the experiences Mike had with the Satan rituals as it is a real realm of oppression that is not for all to hear or read. But, I assure you that what he experiences, was REAL.
For 20 years of Michael Leehan’s life he lived and worked for Satan. At age 33, he made a decision to serve Satan and his demons. In the end Michael accepts Christ as His Lord and Savior and carries out the assignment that the Lord wants him to do and to this day he is a faithful servant of Christ. I would love to meet Mike in person!
Jackie Paulson © 2011 All Rights Reserved ( )
  jackie1966 | Sep 23, 2011 |

His assignment from Satan was to kill Pastor Craig Groeschel. Today he sits on the front row of that pastor’s church.

For twenty years of his life, Michael Leehan lived and worked for Satan. At age 33, he made a decision to serve the darkness that he felt had consumed his life, but instead of making things easier, it began a steeper downward spiral replete with ritualistic cuttings, blood sacrifices, jail time, job loss, estrangement from his friends and family, and actual murderous assignments from Satan himself.

Ascent from Darkness relates Michael’s gripping, real-life encounters, enslavement to the powers of darkness, and miraculous emancipation from the clutches of the Enemy.

For anyone who has ever struggled with spiritual warfare, addiction, depression, or hopelessness, Michael’s story is a bold reminder of the redemptive truth of the gospel that anyone—even a soldier of Satan—can be transformed and used for the glory of God.

Now a servant of Christ, Michael exhibits the power of God’s relentless love and offers readers the chance to experience their own ascent into God’s glorious light.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:03:56 -0400)

5 wanted1 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,024,856 books! | Top bar: Always visible