Heavy-Duty Trucks by Joyce Milton

Heavy-Duty Trucks

by Joyce Milton

1062113,849 (4)None

This was a good read for the young reader. It was a good mix of pictures and words. The typecast was a little small for my taste but I am sure others may disagree with me. Plus, the one really good thing about this book is that the pictures and words are relevant to each other. It's a little thing but it can help the reader decipher what they are learning about.

Even I learned something new about the different types of trucks out there, so yes, this book is instructional and educational. And what I liked most of all is that this book gives the young reader a call to action at the end. So, it is somewhat interactive.

A young reader who thinks trucks are cool will definitely get something out of this book. He will probably learn about trucks he or she didn't consider to be trucks. And this is a good thing. I do recommend this book for the young beginning reader. ( )
  DVerdecia | Jan 29, 2016 |
I can truly see kids who love trucks being carried away by this Step-into-reading book that covers every kind of truck imaginable from backhoes to semis. ( )
  pataustin | Aug 20, 2015 |

Joyce Miltonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Courtney, RichardIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Doolittle, Michael JPhotographermain authorsome editionsconfirmed

Did you know that monster dump trucks are so tall that drivers have to use ladders just to get to their seats? Or that cherry picker trucks don't pick cherries? Through easy-to-read text and realistic art, young truck enthusiasts will discover everything they ever wanted to know about their favorite mode of transportation.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:49 -0400)

Describes different kinds of trucks, including tractor trailers, auto haulers, garbage trucks, bulldozers, dump trucks, and cranes.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,423,254 books! | Top bar: Always visible