Exclusive by Sandra Brown

Exclusive (1996)

by Sandra Brown

There hasn't been a book written by Sandra Brown that I didn't like. I'm a huge fan of her and addicted got her genres and writing. She's the best in Thriller-Romance. I've read so many books for her and I wait for her books every year. Her writing style is just amazing.

Every now and then, I have to read a Thriller-Romane which is my favourite category/genre and who's better than Miss Brown?!

I had this on my shelf for over a year and thought it's time for some action and a lil bit of romance. This time, the action is taking place in the White House, when the baby boy of The United States President dies in his crib.

The First Lady contacts Barrie Travis, a TV host to signal for help and to find out who really killed her son. Barrie is eager to find out so she seeks the help of the former White House employee Gray Boundourant and from there, their journey begins.

I liked Gray's character, mysterious and tough, not the talkative guy who keeps many information to himself. Now, I felt overwhelmed with Barrie's character, one time I liked her, then I didn't like her, she irritated me in some ways. Now, the shocker is the First Lady's character, I loved how Sandra Brown built her complicated character.

The story was really good, I had a suspicion of my own on how the story will end but didn't see that coming in the last 3 pages of the book.

Loved it. ( )
  books.paper.mania | Sep 13, 2016 |
Barie Travis is a reporter that is invited to lunch with the First Lady. This could be the first exclusive after the death of her son. Little does she know that this lunch not only could get her on the news, but possibly dead.

Sandra Brown has done it again in this great adventure of political cover ups and murder. I just love Brown's characters and details, it just brings the world to life. ( )
  LacyLK | Nov 21, 2015 |
Typical contemporary suspense from Brown. The characters make or break her books. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 14, 2013 |
Young Female protagonist. Fast-paced. Ir-reverential to protagonist's beauty/wits. Sustained thrill and suspense. Well-written. Finished reading in one evening. Some flaws, like later the possibility of budding romance and sainthood of male hero - was bit too much, a reminder of M & B (actually there were several more traces). But all in all delightful read. Pulp Fiction with requisite thrill and suspense. ( )
  poonamsharma | Apr 6, 2013 |
A young hungry TV reporter gets the scoop of her life when she meets with the First Lady of the US. She gets tangled up with an unsavory bunch of people on and off the Beltway.This one keeps you guessing until the very end. A super who done it. ( )
  BackyardHorse | Feb 15, 2012 |

Brown, Sandraprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eby, TanyaReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Newman, AndrewCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pagés Boune, CristinaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"You're looking well, Mrs. Merritt."

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446604232, Mass Market Paperback)

Watergate, Schmatergate, get a load of this: a dead infant, a sleazy president, a manic-depressive first lady, an aide that makes G. Gordon Liddy look like a wuss, murder, adultery, a thousand skeletons peeping from a thousand closets. Exclusive moves so quickly because somebody is always doing something bad. TV journalist Barrie Travis interviews the first lady, a Southern belle still mourning the death of her infant. With a mixture of horror and self-interest, Travis perceives the slightest hint that the first infant didn't merely die, but was murdered. But by who, and why? As you can imagine, that's when it gets messy. The book might capsize under the sheer weight of seamy scandals and sleazy characters were it not for the almost-supernaturally spunky Travis and her somewhat reluctant love-object, craggy ex-Marine Gray Bondurant. Bondurant left the White House under a cloud. Was he the first lady's lover? Travis and Bondurant come together to solve the mystery, of course. If you read fast, you might just keep up.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:08 -0400)

After the U.S. president's wife hints that the death of her newborn son was not from natural causes, Washington reporter Barrie Travis travels to Wyoming to visit the First Lady's lover. On her return to Washington she finds that her house has been firebombed and the president's wife has gone into seclusion. By the author of The Witness.… (more)

Sandra Brown is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,432,140 books! | Top bar: Always visible