Gottlos by Karin Slaughter

Gottlos (original 2005; edition 2008)

by Karin Slaughter, Karin Slaughter (Author)

Member:Florentinachen
Title:Gottlos
Authors:Karin Slaughter
Other authors:Karin Slaughter (Author)
Info:Rowohlt TB-V. Rnb. (2008), Edition: 8, Broschiert, 512 pages

Faithless by Karin Slaughter (2005)

English (34)  Dutch (4)  German (2)  Norwegian (1)  Danish (1)  All languages (42)
Medical examiner Sara Linton has had an uneasy relationship with her ex-husband, police chief Jeffrey Tolliver, for years. In spite of their differences, Sara and Jeffrey have never stopped loving one another. Now, the two are taking tentative steps towards a reconciliation, but obstacles still remain. Lena Adams is a detective who works under Jeffrey's supervision, and she is one messed up woman. Although Lena is a good cop, much to her secret shame, she is also a human punching bag for her abusive and cruel boyfriend. Lena's personal problems have a way of interfering with her work, and Jeffrey is losing patience with her. Jeffrey, Sara, and Lena do not have the luxury of concentrating on themselves for very long. Much to his shock, Jeffrey literally stumbles on the grave of a young woman named Abby who may have been buried alive. His investigation brings him into contact with a strange family of religious fanatics who are harboring dark secrets.

I applaud Karin Slaughter for not tying up all of the loose ends neatly; she leaves some plot lines unresolved, perhaps in preparation for the next installment in the series. Although "Faithless" is not a first-rate mystery, the lead characters are so charismatic that we are willing to stick with them in order to find out how they resolve their problems. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Shannon Cochran
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
Karin Slaughter writes some of the most powerful and heart-stopping Crime Thrillers out there. This one had me in tears near the end. I'm always hooked from the start and intrigued by the different characters. It amazes me how she weaves the story. One minute I'm furious with a character and the next minute I'm pulling for their happiness! Not many authors can change my mind when I've decided a character is the pits. Slaughter did. She also gives new meaning to the word "villain." These aren't your run of the mill killers...they true psychopaths, complex and twisted and dark. Which is why I need a few weeks between her books. Faithless is one of the best books in her series with lots of twists and turns. I'm still so "stunned" by the last few scenes that all I can say is..."Wow."

As I've said before, these are not for the faint of heart. The violence is brutal and graphic, but not gratuitous. The characters and intricate plot are fabulous, making for an exciting read that will keep the pages turning! ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
This was another heart-pounding book that keeps you interested until the end. The characters are multifaceted which makes for entertaining reading. Looking forward to reading the last book in the Grant County series to see what Slaughter has in store for these characters. ( )
  EadieB | Jan 19, 2016 |
This book counts 552 pages, but when I started reading, it was like there were only 100.
What a story. A thriller that is horrible, hard to put down, so realistic at times that it made my stomach turn. In short: wow! ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Nov 8, 2015 |

Karin Slaughterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lenting, InekeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Er zijn vele manieren om te sterven, maar sommige zijn anstaanjagender dan andere...
For all my new friends at Bantam
IN THE BEGINNING
Rain had saturated the forest floor, soaking twigs and fallen limbs so that they bent without snapping.
SUNDAY
Chapter One

Sara Linton stood at the front door of her parents' house holding so many plastic grocery bags in her hands that she couldn't feel her fingers.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440242916, Mass Market Paperback)

New York Times bestseller Karin Slaughter brings back her two most fascinating and complex characters–medical examiner Sara Linton and her ex-husband, police chief Jeffrey Tolliver–in a heart-pounding tale of faith, doubt, and murder…

The victim was buried alive in the Georgia woods–then killed in a horrifying fashion. When Sara Linton and Jeffrey Tolliver stumble upon the body, both become consumed with finding out who killed the pretty young woman. For them, a harrowing journey begins, one that will test their own turbulent relationship and draw dozens of life into the case.

For as Jeffrey and Sara move further down a trail of shocking surprises and hidden passions, neither is prepared for the most stunning discovery of all: the identity of a killer who is more evil and dangerous than anyone could have guessed.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:31 -0400)

When medical examiner Sara Linton and her ex-husband, police chief Jeffrey Tolliver, discover the body of a teenage girl buried in the woods of Grant County, Georgia, their investigation takes them on a terrifying path that leads to a deadly secret.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,740,168 books! | Top bar: Always visible