Firestorm by Iris Johansen

Firestorm (original 2004; edition 2005)

by Iris Johansen

Authors:Iris Johansen
Info:Bantam (2005), Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

Firestorm by Iris Johansen (2004)

Recently added byINorris, private library, anni66, Fabienne.Girones, pfodge, BKPugh

A romance mystery with paranormal element. I didn't like it. It was a romance of the minds but still using sex to sell books. ( )
  Kristelh | Nov 16, 2013 |
I. hated. this. book.
I read to page 28 and I honestly could not continue.
From what I've read the premise is this -- Kerry, the main female character, had a traumatic experience with fire as a kid and this now gives her psychic powers to tell when someone dies in a fire. Presumedly, because of these psychic abilities of hers a man is able to "enter her" and calm her and essentially save her from her own undoing.

I could not move beyond the "enter her" and "come out of her" without giggling like a boy in junior high during sex ed. I literally pissed people off because I tweeted about every single reference to entering and exiting her. I think I was told to grow up and stop reading it that way. I literally could not.

Just like I literally could not read another sentence from this HORRIBLE book. I will be putting it in the recycling bin to save anyone else from having to read it.

Adrianne ( )
  Adrianne_p | Nov 5, 2013 |
ereader ebook
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
  rustyoldboat | May 28, 2011 |
much like other Iris Johansen books in that guy and girl; guy needs knowledge girl has; girl doesn't like guy and is forced to help. girl ends up liking guy and they chase the bad guy. ( )
  tmbcoughlin | Jan 20, 2010 |
Kerry ne pouvait plus respirer

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0553586491, Mass Market Paperback)

Arson investigator Kerry Murphy has a unique talent for sniffing out the cause of fires like the one that killed her mother years ago. She also has a secret, known only to the mysterious stranger named Silver, a "consultant" who needs her cooperation in stopping the psychopath who burned his brother alive and who's holding national security hostage to his own demented ego. Silver has an uncanny gift for getting under Kerry's skin, which is both the good and bad news--good because it doubles their chances of finding the man behind the terrifying weapon of the title, and bad because Kerry can't afford to be vulnerable to Silver or any other man. Johansen has written a taut thriller that's not quite as combustible as its title but one that will keep readers fired up enough to stick with it to the last page. --Jane Adams

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:27 -0400)

An arson investigator and her dog, Sam, are after a psychopath arsonist.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,758,978 books! | Top bar: Always visible