The Venice Experiment: A Year of Trial and…

The Venice Experiment: A Year of Trial and Error Living Abroad (edition 2011)

by Barry Frangipane, Ben Robbins

111820,536 (4)3
Member:ShavonJones
Title:The Venice Experiment: A Year of Trial and Error Living Abroad
Authors:Barry Frangipane
Other authors:Ben Robbins
Info:Savory Adventures Publishing (2011), Paperback, 254 pages

The Venice Experiment: A Year of Trial and Error Living Abroad by Barry Frangipane

2011 (1) August 2011 (1) ebook (1) goodreads (1) Italy (1) Kindle (1) memoir (2) read (1) to buy (1) to-read (3) travel (2) Venice (2) want to read (1) wishlist (1)

Bought this one from the author at the Miami Book Fair 2012. Having been to Venice, I was anxious to read it and did so within 24 hours. Barry is a great comedic writer. I found myself laughing out loud on serveral occasions. The book also shows that the author knows how to take life in stride, an absolute necessity when one is outside the U.S. for more than a weekend. And a great way to approach life everyday, no matter where you are. Appreciate the experience, whether the experience is good or bad and life will be mostly good. A great read! ( )
  ShavonJones | Nov 19, 2012 |

My secret plan to move to Venice was ready. It was time to see if my wife would buy into the idea of leaving our home to live for an entire year in a foreign country.

And thus the journey begins - Barry and Debbie Frangipane, a middle-class couple tired of the rat race leaves it all for the lure of Venice. But can they make it in a foreign land? Read about the hilarious twists and turns their lives take during their year in the city of water, as they show us a Venice we never knew existed. The Venice Experiment is about fulfilling dreams on a journey that any of us could make - but would we?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:27:30 -0400)

Lured by Venice's colorful history, Frangipane was determined to experience its labyrinth of walkways, canals, and bridges as more than just a tourist. He and his wife began a year-long cultural immersion. From the exasperating bureaucracy to high tides endangering their ground-floor apartment, these expatriates get far more than they bargained for.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,620,336 books! | Top bar: Always visible