To The Shore Once More: A Portrait Of The…

To The Shore Once More: A Portrait Of The Jersey Shore; Prose, Poetry, and…

by Frank Finale

611,268,033 (4)1

In my family vacation always meant the Jersey shore. We never went anywhere else. Even when we lived only 30 minutes away from the shore, we went there for vacation. Usually we stayed at the Coast Guard beach house in Barnegat. I love the Jersey shore.
Both these volumes feature the poetry and prose of Frank Finale. The essays in the first volume were originally printed in Coast magazine from 1984-1992. The book is divided into chapters for each season; Christmas has it's own chapter and all the poetry is together in the final chapter. The essays in the second volume were written for the book and take you on a "journey" from Sandy Hook down to Cape May. All the essays feature Finale's family, friends or students and recall incidences that happened at the Jersey shore. I enjoyed most of the essays and about half the poetry. The second book contained essays about Barnegat, Point Pleasant and Cape May - the shore areas I'm most familiar with- so that book was my favorite. Both vols contain works of art by multiple artists in multiple styles that feature the Jersey shore. I actually bought the books because of the beautiful art work. I'd give both these books 4/5 stars. ( )
  VioletBramble | Oct 17, 2009 |

"Standing on the shore at night, listening to the hollow boom and hiss of the waves, I stared at the legion of stars processioning the sky. Absorbed by the immensity of space and time, I was struck by the preciousness of life in all its varied forms and exalted in being part of that procession." --from "To The Shore Once More: Point Pleasant Beach"

Jersey Shore Publications is pleased to bring you "To The Shore Once More," a coffee table book of prose, poetry, and works of art about the Jersey Shore.

Oversized (12 1/4" x12 1/4"), with 168 pages of text, including 97 full-color paintings by area artists, this is one of the most enchanting and beautiful books about the Jersey Shore ever published. It is sure to bring many nights of reading and viewing pleasure.

The essays and poetry by acclaimed, local poet and writer, Frank Finale, elicit an emotional response and lingering memory. These graceful personal essays and poems capture the essence of the Jersey Shore while exploring universal themes of life and nature.

The book is divided into six chapters, four by season--Winter, Spring, Summer, and Autumn--plus chapters on Christmas and Poetry. These seasonal stories and poems are perfect for reading aloud throughout the year and may even become a family tradition in years to come!

Also inside, you'll find stunning, full color paintings of some of the loveliest landmarks and locations at the Jersey Shore. Each have been painted by area artists including Paula Kolojeski, Dick LaBont, Theresa Troise Heidel, Ludlow Thorston, Margaret Tourison Berndt, Sara Eyestone, Sheila Mickle, Virginia Perle, Muriel Rogers, Dawn Hotaling, and Stephen Harrington.

This book will bring you closer to the places you love at the Shore--you, your family, and friends will treasure it for years to come.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:20 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,414,866 books! | Top bar: Always visible