He and I by Gabrielle Bossis

He and I (original 1957; edition 1985)

by Gabrielle Bossis, Evelyn M. Brown (Translator)

Member:INeffability
Title:He and I
Authors:Gabrielle Bossis
Other authors:Evelyn M. Brown (Translator)
Info:Éditions Mediaspaul (1985), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 392 pages

He and I by Gabrielle Bossis (1957)

Private revelations of French mystic Gabrielle Bossis who wrote these in the twentieth century. Very inspiring, helpful, peaceful, encouraging. Nothing untoward in what the mystic shared of Christ's private messages to her, which are of benefit to other souls. Although her spiritual director thought she should enter a convent, Gabrielle followed God's will for her to remain a Catholic mystic in the world. ( )
  catholichermit | Feb 16, 2009 |
from Amazon...

The book is a diary of the words of Christ himself talking to Gabrielle Bossis. She writes them down over 11 years of traveling and living her daily life. The words are spoken to all believers, not collectively but in the most personal manner. The entries are recognizable as Christ's own messages to us. I have read a lot of spiritual books but they are all shadows compared to this one and the Bible.
  stmarysmelrose | Aug 26, 2007 |

FROM BACK COVER

"The unfolding of My love in you is My personal happiness; I'm waiting for it. Everything that affects you touches Me personally. My friend, you are part of Me and I, your Christ, am part of you. Then why should I alone desire this close union? Don't you also desire it?" (April17, 1947)

Enter into the intimate interior conversations between Jesus and Gabrielle Bossis, which she recorded in her diary from 1936 to 1950. Gabrielle heard a voice that was strong, yet tender. Through these pages, we learn that a deep relationship with God touches all aspects of daily life and quenches even the deepest longings of the soul.

"Jesus risks telling us he is in love with us and desires both our attention and our response. Jesus has a deep friendliness for us that he wishes we felt toward him. The simple talks in He and I between Jesus and Bossis hold the key to the development of this friendship with Jesus. No spiritual jargon, methods, or process. Just time spent with Jesus listening to his desire for us, his love for us, his suggestions for deepening a friendship:'

- From the Foreword by Kathryn J. Hermes, FSP, author of Beginning Contemplative Prayer and Cherished by the Lord

Born and raised in France, Gabrielle Bossis (1874-1950) was a single woman and a nurse during World War I. In her later years she became a playwright and touring artist. Known by friends and acquaintances for her vivacious personality and infectious laughter, her journals revealed a rich spiritual life. The French edition of Lui et Moi has been translated into several languages and sold worldwide.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,779,894 books! | Top bar: Always visible