In a Class by Itself by Sandra Brown

In a Class by Itself

by Sandra Brown

Recently added bydebicakes77, private library, mum2ace, Corduroy7, jljaina

I always enjoy Sandra Brown’s thriller suspense novels but until I read the letter to “Dear Reader” in the beginning of this novel, I didn’t realize that the author has also written “Loveswept Romances.” As the author shared, “Something in all of us delights in lovers and their uneven pursuit of mutual fulfillment and happiness…I became deeply involved with each pair of lovers and their unique story. As though paying a visit to old friends for whom I played matchmaker, I often reread their stories myself. I hope you enjoy this encore edition of one of my personal favorites.” With that introduction, I couldn’t wait to begin reading and I wasn’t disappointed.

As the reader turns the page to Chapter 1, it’s time for Dani Quinn to walk into her 10th high school reunion from Hardwick High School in a small Texas town. Within moments, Dani will be face-to-face with her high school sweetheart Logan Webster – her first love, her only love, her forever love – the man who only knows she left town 10 years ago without saying goodbye – without saying anything.

I read this story in one sitting – I didn’t want to put it down – I couldn’t put it down. If you’re in need of a little romance, I’d recommend spending the evening with Logan and Dani. Your heart will race, you’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll cheer, you’ll be fully engaged in the drama they create for one another and wonder if the story will ever have a happy ending. I can’t tell, it’s your turn to pick up “In a Class by Itself.”

And however the story ends, the reader will once again smile with the knowledge that Sandra Brown is “In a Class by HERself!” This isn't what I consider Contemporary Romance. It was originally published in the mid-80's and reads like an old Harlequin Romance. So go back in time, "live a little" and enjoy the romance of yesteryear. If you believe that anything is possible, I don't think you will be disappointed! Regardless of publication year, I love her novels! ( )
  Corduroy7 | May 25, 2015 |
In A Class By Itself by Sandra Brown
Danny was married to Logan but on her wedding day her parents took her
away and for 10 years. She attends the class 10th reunion and he's there.
She's done a lot of charity work in the past 10 years and is looking for
land that will work for the camp, for autism and spina bifada kids to be
able to enjoy a week that they can have fun at. The newspaper hears about
it, well Logan never told her no she couldn't use the land.
Something else is going on also... ( )
  jbarr5 | Jul 25, 2013 |
Typical early contemporary Brown. The characters make or break her books. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 13, 2013 |
I received a signed audiobook edition of this book along with some other really cool swag. I had read this book before and recognized it when I played the first CD. Sandra Brown is like chocolate for me. I have 24 of her books in my home library and have read many others at the public library. Her books are consistently entertaining and romantic. I like her romantic suspense best, but her romance is fun too. This audio edition was entertaining to listen to on my drive to work. The reader did a good job, and I enjoyed hearing the love story of Dani and Logan again. ( )
  TheLoopyLibrarian | Jun 27, 2011 |

Sandra Brownprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Davis, Elaina ErikaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Dani Quinn knew Logan Webster would be at her high school reunion. Yet she had come in order to prove to herself that she was not afraid to see him again. Her departure years before from both Logan and the small Texas town where they were sweethearts had been abrupt, painful, and not of her choosing. Worst of all, she'd never had the chance to tell Logan the truth of why she had to leave. Now she would not only have a chance to explain, but to ask him for a favor. Handsome, charming, and dangerously charismatic, Logan exudes all the power and confidence of a self-made success. He listens as Dani describes her work for a charitable foundation and expresses her hope that he will donate one of his properties for a much-needed summer camp. Logan agrees, but with one shocking proviso: that Dani fulfill the intimate promise she made to him years ago. It is meant to be a coldhearted business transaction... but this time when Dani is once again compelled to leave without an explanation, nothing can keep Logan from following.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 055357602X, Mass Market Paperback)

One of romance's best-loved authors, Sandra Brown creates love stories whose "larger than life heroes and heroines make you believe all the warm, wonderful, wild things in life."* Now the New York Times bestselling author delivers a powerfully erotic and deeply moving tale of a woman reunited with her first and only love--a man who wants what she denied him ten years ago....

In A Class By Itself

Dani Quinn knew Logan Webster would be at her high school reunion. Yet she had come in order to prove to herself that she was not afraid to see him again. Her departure years before from both Logan and the small Texas town where they were sweethearts had been abrupt, painful, and not of her choosing. Worst of all, she'd never had the chance to tell Logan the truth of why she had to leave. Now she would not only have a chance to explain, but to ask him for a favor. Handsome, charming, and dangerously charismatic, Logan exudes all the power and confidence of a self-made success. He listens as Dani describes her work for a charitable foundation and expresses her hope that he will donate one of his properties for a much-needed summer camp. Logan agrees, but with one shocking proviso: that Dani fulfill the intimate promise she made to him years ago. It is meant to be a coldhearted business transaction...but this time when Dani is once again compelled to leave without an explanation, nothing can keep Logan from following.

*Rendezvous

From the Trade Paperback edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:13 -0400)

Dani Quinn had left Logan Webster abruptly years ago, with no opportunity to tell him the truth. She went to her high school reunion reluctantly, dreading a meeting with him. Logan is a rich man now, so when Dani told him of her work in a charitable organization that raises funds for mentally and physically challenged children, he suggested a donation of one of his properties. Unfortunately, the donation came with a shocking proposal. Not wanting to cause him more pain, Dani agreed to his unconventional terms, but she is once again forced to leave him to go where even he cannot follow.… (more)

Sandra Brown is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,413,594 books! | Top bar: Always visible