61 A.D. (Bachiyr, Book 2) by David McAfee

61 A.D. (Bachiyr, Book 2) (edition 2011)

by David McAfee

172587,099 (4)None
Member:davidhburton
Title:61 A.D. (Bachiyr, Book 2)
Authors:David McAfee
Info:
Rating:*****

61 A.D. (Bachiyr, Book 2) by David McAfee

I surrender, Mr. McAfee, I loved this novel. I loved the historical revision, the way the characters were developed, the vampiric/supernatural violence (am I allowed to say that I loved the violence?) and especially the setting.

I'm completely hooked on your development of the classic vampire lore, and the twist you've given it with the Council of 13, The Father, and the hints of things that are being hidden from the rank and file vamps.

Plus, I think Ramah is one of the best Vampire characters in modern fiction, so this novel was a total win for me, with Ramah playing such a significant role.

Cannot wait for the next one. ( )
  StaceyHH | Apr 8, 2013 |
I absolutely loved this sequel to 33 AD! The characters I cared about most (Taras and Theron) are back in 61AD and, yet again, McAfee has done a brilliant job of bringing these men to life. Deftly woven, the tale is filled with mystery and intrigue. I just couldn't put this down. It hints at a bigger story that I suspect we will learn more about in the next instalment. And there's a new character, Baella, that I totally love. I can't wait to see more of her!

If you read 33 AD, you MUST read 61 AD. And if you haven't read either, go and get them both! ( )
  davidhburton | Aug 18, 2011 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,609,451 books! | Top bar: Always visible