Zooman Sam (Sam Krupnik) by Lois Lowry

Zooman Sam (Sam Krupnik)

by Lois Lowry

Sam Krupnik has to dress up for Future Job day at school. He decides to go as a zookeeper and gets to tell the other kids in the class about a different animal every day.
Sam is entertaining as usual, and young people will really enjoy this book. ( )
  EmScape | Apr 14, 2010 |
In Lois Lowry's Zooman Sam, a little boy decided to be a zookeeper for "Future Job Day" at his school. This is a boy after my own heart. As a child (and even sometimes as an adult,) zookeeper was my absolute dream job! I have been a zoo volunteer for the last 3 years, and I've loved the zoo for as long as I can remember. But back to the book...

This book is supposed to be appropriate for 9 to 12 year olds, but I don't know. Not having children of my own it's kind of hard to judge, but I have spent some time in a 2nd grade classroom recently, and I believe this book would make a better read-aloud pick for storytime in a classroom up to the 2nd grade.

The book itself was great! I really loved reading about Sam's passion for the zoo, and his respect for the job that Jake the zookeeper does at the zoo. Zooman Sam is funny and touching, and Sam was a wonderful character to read about. ( )
  susanbevans | Oct 11, 2009 |

Everyone's favorite little brother is back, dressed as a zookeeper at his nursery school's Future Job Day.

Sam Krupnik is all set for Future Job Day at school. He already knows that he wants to be a zookeeper when he grows up. Sam's mother and his sister, Anastasia, help him make a terrific costume to wear on Future Job Day. The trouble is that it's so terrific Sam wants to wear it all the time. Luckily Sam's teacher helps out by suggesting that he tell the class about a different animal each day. Sam likes being the center of attention, but can he keep on being Zooman Sam forever?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:06 -0400)

Four-year-old Sam's appearance as a zookeeper at his nursery school's Future Job Day leads him to a number of exciting activities and discoveries, including reading.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,935,006 books! | Top bar: Always visible