Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie…

Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12) (edition 2012)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:dianestm
Title:Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Gollancz (2012), Paperback, 336 pages
Tags:2012, Vampires, Fiction

Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris

English (147)  French (1)  Piratical (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (150)
I keep waiting for the series to go downhill...but it keeps being great! Sookie makes some big changes (for the better, IMHO) in Deadlocked.

I love that Ms. Harris continues to develop her characters and avoids excessive sex and violence, while still telling an exciting and entertaining story. Bravo! ( )
  debs913 | Apr 2, 2016 |
I hesitated to read this book. I'm a huge Sookie fan and the books have become increasingly disappointing. I finally decided to read and although it wasn't as good as the beginning Sookie books, it wasn't THAT bad. I thoroughly enjoyed the read and am excited to read the final book of the Sookie story. Can't believe we have to wait a whole year, though. Geez. ( )
  Raeadav | Mar 25, 2016 |
I liked this book better than the previous one. It seemed to have more substance. It seems Charlaine Harris is trying to tie things up nicely, having storylines (and possibly relationships) that have run their course end as the series' end looms close by. ( )
  heylu | Mar 4, 2016 |
Nothing. Happened. The End. ( )
  ReneeMiller | Feb 25, 2016 |
The usual Bon Temps nonsense. ( )
  Laurochka | Feb 6, 2016 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Desimini, LisaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Julia, this is for you.
I love you, honey.
It was hot as the six shades of Hell even this late in the evening, and I'd had a busy day at work.  The last thing I wanted to do was to sit in a crowded bar to watch my cousin get naked.
I'd had a very pleasant few hours all by myself. 'Pleasant' didn't mean a positive good to me anymore: It meant an absence of bad. I had done a little straightening in the kitchen, read a little, turned on the television just to have voices in the background. Nice. Not exciting. I'd had enough exciting. (chapter 6)

Felipe de Castro, the vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), is in town. It’s the worst possible time for a human body to show up in Eric Northman’s front yard—especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank.

Now it’s up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who’s set out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down.

When telepathic waitress Sookie Stackhouse investigates the body of a woman discovered in vampire Eric Northman's yard, she has no idea the murderer is an enemy out to get her.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,354,540 books! | Top bar: Always visible