Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie…

Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12) (edition 2012)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:dianestm
Title:Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Gollancz (2012), Paperback, 336 pages
Tags:2012, Vampires, Fiction

Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris

English (117)  French (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (119)
Boring is the only word I could think of while describing this book. I am not even disappointed as I pretty much guessed this book would be boring from the disaster of the previous book. I am not sure where to start my ranting from.

Well I will start from my biggest complaint. Eric is gone! Yes he is gone in every sense from this book. Eric didn't sound like Eric even once. Charlaine Harris totally murdered his character for no apparent reason. He is not charming, not sexy, not gorgeous, not powerful, not scary nothing anymore. He is not even a shadow of his character from the earlier books. And since he was my favorite character in this series, this is the biggest disappointment for me.

I knew Charlaine Harris was going to end Eric-Sookie relationship from the hint in the previous book. But I still hoped a little bit. And my hope didn't paid off, of course! There was not one romantic or sex scene with Eric. I don't understand what Charlaine was thinking really! These books are so popular because of the steaming hot romance and chemistry of Eric and Sookie. And she didn't think of including any of it in this book!!!

After all the dramas and plots we have been through in this series, she is ending up Sookie with Sam! She couldn't find anyone else in the world! There was never any chemistry between Sam and Sookie. Other than being good friends, I could never imagined Sookie and Sam together. But I guess I have to stretch my imagination to include this disaster also into the reality of Sookie world.

And the plot was the poorest one ever in this series. It didn't spark my interest even once. Claude went through all these pain of breaking up Eric and Sookie so that she would be miserable, so her great grandfather Nial would come to comfort her, so Claude would be able to kill him.... really!!! This is the amazing plot she could think of!

I would finish my ranting now as I am already exhausted after reading this book and I don't want to drag my misery anymore. Just end this series already...that's my only request. ( )
  sreeparna | Jul 27, 2014 |
The latest Sookie novel offer nothing new in the way of status quo, as Charlaine Harris continues to cower from any meaningful character or plot developments, but is no doubt still enough bubble-gum for the fans. ( )
  Birdo82 | Jul 26, 2014 |
As the series wraps to an end several plot threads are starting to tie off but of course you can't do this without having someone try to make Sookie unhappy. Granted the main story plot that gets advertised on the jacket flap really isn't the more important story in the overall universe but more of what happens at the avery end of solving the murder is what is the most important part. For the most part I have enjoyed the books and will be sad once the story is over.
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
The usual fun quick read! ( )
  Harrod | Jun 18, 2014 |
great ending. i can hardly wait to finish up the last book. ( )
  jodiesohl | Jun 10, 2014 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Desimini, LisaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Julia, this is for you.
I love you, honey.
It was hot as the six shades of Hell even this late in the evening, and I'd had a busy day at work.  The last thing I wanted to do was to sit in a crowded bar to watch my cousin get naked.
I'd had a very pleasant few hours all by myself. 'Pleasant' didn't mean a positive good to me anymore: It meant an absence of bad. I had done a little straightening in the kitchen, read a little, turned on the television just to have voices in the background. Nice. Not exciting. I'd had enough exciting. (chapter 6)

Felipe de Castro, the vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), is in town. It’s the worst possible time for a human body to show up in Eric Northman’s front yard—especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank.

Now it’s up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who’s set out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down.

When telepathic waitress Sookie Stackhouse investigates the body of a woman discovered in vampire Eric Northman's yard, she has no idea the murderer is an enemy out to get her.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,641,874 books! | Top bar: Always visible