Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie…

Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12) (edition 2012)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:dianestm
Title:Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Gollancz (2012), Paperback, 336 pages
Tags:2012, Vampires, Fiction

Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris

English (143)  French (1)  Piratical (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (146)
The usual Bon Temps nonsense. ( )
  Laurochka | Feb 6, 2016 |
Another Sookie Stackhouse novel that goes absolutely nowhere. I don't know why Harris keeps writing these without ever advancing the overall plot or revealing anything new. I've been so bored the last three books but I keep reading in hopes that she'll actually write one where something significant happens to finish this series out. ( )
  lovelypenny | Feb 4, 2016 |
Sookie, my favorite blond southern woman finds herself at a crossroad. It had to happen. The reality of her future had to be faced. Her life is a crazy tangle without a direction. She's just trying to make it through the day. Meanwhile, her friends and family are all moving on, making decisions on their futures. Sookie, is desperate not to drift anymore. Too bad for her that several somebody's want to mess up the little bit of peace she has.
While I expected the worst from this book I did not find it. It was slow and not very interesting in the beginning. I think that was my projecting what I wanted into the pages. Once I let my preconceived notions go I found myself just enjoying it.
Deadlocked picked up at the ending. It was not as disappointing as expected from other reviews. I love all the characters and enjoyed siting back and spending some easy time with them. It was slow, everyday type drama through most of it. Eric was not very sexy and missed being the man he could have been with his choices. Sad as it is to see, the tarnish on their relationship is showing. I am not surprised at any of the events unfolding, they have all been building up to this point. I will be sad to read the end of their story with the next book. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |

Whoo hoo, I Finally Liked one of the books!

**********************************Kind of Spoiler*************************************
Many of you Already know Sookie & company.... In this edition: the Cluviel Dor (a Magic Faerie Charm from Sookie's grandmother) comes into play. Everyone, and I do meanEVERYONE is interested in the Cluviel Dor. Niall comes to take Claude back to the Fae world. The Fae who work for Claude @ Hooligans are becoming restless. Dermot is still watching HGTV and making repairs to the attic. King Felipe is in town and visiting Eric and making inquiries into Victor's disappearance. A young were has tried to seduce Eric and is then found dead on his lawn. Janalynn is still out to get Sookie. Mustapha disappears & reappears & disappears again. Tara has twins. Add Alcide & Mr. Cataliades into the mix & whoopie whoo hoo!

**************************************************​

I liked this book... I was not bored, Sookie was not stupid (for a change), I figured out some things, but not everything. For me & my limited taste, this book flowed nicely (also, for a change) and it held my interest. ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
Overall disappointing. ( )
  Belles007 | Jan 17, 2016 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Desimini, LisaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Julia, this is for you.
I love you, honey.
It was hot as the six shades of Hell even this late in the evening, and I'd had a busy day at work.  The last thing I wanted to do was to sit in a crowded bar to watch my cousin get naked.
I'd had a very pleasant few hours all by myself. 'Pleasant' didn't mean a positive good to me anymore: It meant an absence of bad. I had done a little straightening in the kitchen, read a little, turned on the television just to have voices in the background. Nice. Not exciting. I'd had enough exciting. (chapter 6)

Felipe de Castro, the vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), is in town. It’s the worst possible time for a human body to show up in Eric Northman’s front yard—especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank.

Now it’s up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who’s set out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down.

When telepathic waitress Sookie Stackhouse investigates the body of a woman discovered in vampire Eric Northman's yard, she has no idea the murderer is an enemy out to get her.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,083,105 books! | Top bar: Always visible