Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie…

Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12) (edition 2012)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:dianestm
Title:Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Gollancz (2012), Paperback, 336 pages
Tags:2012, Vampires, Fiction

Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris

Recently added bypurple15emerald, dafinker, private library, Petersons, Lori.Slade, atcolorado, MeliP, Ghostly1
2012 (51) 2013 (11) adult (9) audiobook (12) Charlaine Harris (12) ebook (20) faerie (9) fairies (33) fantasy (86) fiction (105) hardcover (10) horror (15) Kindle (16) Louisiana (24) mystery (50) paranormal (53) paranormal romance (25) read (29) read in 2012 (28) romance (20) series (39) shapeshifters (20) Sookie (14) Sookie Stackhouse (76) supernatural (32) to-read (50) True Blood (9) urban fantasy (43) vampires (184) werewolves (56)

English (115)  French (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (117)
As the series wraps to an end several plot threads are starting to tie off but of course you can't do this without having someone try to make Sookie unhappy. Granted the main story plot that gets advertised on the jacket flap really isn't the more important story in the overall universe but more of what happens at the avery end of solving the murder is what is the most important part. For the most part I have enjoyed the books and will be sad once the story is over.
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
The usual fun quick read! ( )
  Harrod | Jun 18, 2014 |
great ending. i can hardly wait to finish up the last book. ( )
  jodiesohl | Jun 10, 2014 |
I've read all the stackhouse novels and like the others -though a few I'd say are not up to the same standard as others- this doesn't disappoint.

There was a lot for her to fit into this book and she does it very well, while still giving you a break with the everyday things that Sookie gets up to during the day. Then when the sun sets things get uglier and uglier.

I wasn't expecting her to use the cluviel dor for what she did use it for but the moment the situation came about, it was clear what she'd do. And for those who've read it, I'm sure we'd all be on the same page about her decision. It was the right thing to do.

One of the things I like about Harris's Stackhouse series is she keeps things real. The books are very funny at times, dark, tragic, mysterious, and neverending. But she has to end them some time, so I guess the next book is a good a time as any.

I found myself giggling several times when I read this book, I prefered it more than the last one.

I will need to re-read all the books so I can give them a decent review -there's so many I get muddled up after the fourth one about what happens in which book and who's who, even in this book I found myself forgetting who someone I've just met was like... the detective Ambroselli whatever her name is :D- anyway, then I can compare which books I liked and which I didn't as much.

One of the things I did like about this book was there was more BILL! Sure I hated him for what he did to Sookie in the earlier books but he genuinely loves her, even after all this time. He's gracious and patient and he was her first everything.

I still think of Eric as a fling, a boyfriend. A bad boy that you have fun with, but wouldn't take home to meet your folks.
Bill is the one you end up with, who your mother would love, who your father would end up accepting even with the fangs and blood-lust :D. I want her to be with him at the end but I don't think Charlaine will do that.

She'll probably say- like she has before with him and Alcide etc- that there's too much water under the bridge- well I think that the water over time has levelled out and Sookie should reconsider who she really belongs with.

But then maybe that would mean she'd have to make a decision as to whether she should become a vampire or not. And I doubt Charlaine would ever go down that route. And I don't blame her.

Sookie is probably the only "human" (or part human) character I've come across in vampire fiction who doesn't need to be 'turned' to become an interesting person. She's her own person and cannot be made better by becoming an immortal bloodsucker. It wouldn't suit her character and frankly I'd be sad if she did.

Maybe the witches or faeries will come up with some solution to make her immortal so she could be with Bill? Hmmm. Doubt it. :(

Plus then she'd have to watch those around her grow old, have babies and die. Which would be very hard of course, seeing as she was getting pretty darn broody over Tara's twins. Can't get that with a dead husband vamp.

Nevermind cest la vive.

So to summarize, this book was very good. Full of humour, deceit, relationship drama, old boyfriends, psycho bi***es, magic, stripping, babies, knives, faery blood, dead bodies, blood sucking, more dancing, broken furniture, hostages, missing people and mutiny on many sides.

Sookie fans won't be disappointed. Really excited about what the last and final book will have in store and how it will end.

Will Sookie still be with Eric after mightily p***ing him off in this book? We shall see....
  IceMaiden786 | May 31, 2014 |
it adds interesting twist to the story but in general do not have the magic as the first ones... for me after the fifth and sixth book the story is just not that good with a few parts in each book and dead in the family. the rest... ( )
  CaroPi | May 6, 2014 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Desimini, LisaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Julia, this is for you.
I love you, honey.
It was hot as the six shades of Hell even this late in the evening, and I'd had a busy day at work.  The last thing I wanted to do was to sit in a crowded bar to watch my cousin get naked.
I'd had a very pleasant few hours all by myself. 'Pleasant' didn't mean a positive good to me anymore: It meant an absence of bad. I had done a little straightening in the kitchen, read a little, turned on the television just to have voices in the background. Nice. Not exciting. I'd had enough exciting. (chapter 6)

Felipe de Castro, the vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), is in town. It’s the worst possible time for a human body to show up in Eric Northman’s front yard—especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank.

Now it’s up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who’s set out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down.

When telepathic waitress Sookie Stackhouse investigates the body of a woman discovered in vampire Eric Northman's yard, she has no idea the murderer is an enemy out to get her.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,502,187 books! | Top bar: Always visible