Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie…

Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12) (edition 2012)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:dianestm
Title:Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Gollancz (2012), Paperback, 336 pages
Tags:2012, Vampires, Fiction

Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris

English (157)  French (1)  Piratical (1)  Italian (1)  All (160)
To me, this book was an improvement over the previous two installments though still lacking in the same magic the first 9 books held for me. I have a bit more to say and will hopefully finish this review soon. ( )
  Heather_Brock | Nov 23, 2016 |
I read these for fun. Fun in the form of Eric Northman. No Eric, no fun. Jumped the shark? Convoluted plot? Yes and yes. At least I still have Alexander Skarsgard, and I don't care as much about what convoluted direction HBO takes him, it's better than this. Plus he's just nice to watch. The 12th book, how many more can there be? Unfortunately I'll probably still read 13, because I'm compelled to read anything with vampires. I think I need a vamptervention. Sigh. ( )
  cookierooks | Nov 16, 2016 |
I'm a big fan of Charlaine Harris & her Sookie Sackhouse series, & I couldn't wait until I could get a copy from the library to read.

One of the things I like about all of the books in the series, is unlike other vampire series, there's not a lot of rehashing & retelling of past adventures in the first few chapters - no, the book gets going on the very first page.

I was a little disappointed all in all with this book in the series, however - Sookie seems a little flat & not quite her usual bubbly personality, the storyline seems to move a little slower than usual. A woman is found on Eric's front lawn, & of course, Sookie has to help solve the murder.

I think partially, this book fell a little flat because I've gotten so used to the True Blood show, which of course, is completely different from the books.

There's a nice little twist at the end, I didn't really see it coming, though I wasn't really surprised, either, which moves the story line forward just a bit.
June 2013 review
This time around - well, ironically, I pretty much agree with most of my initial review, unsurprisingly, though the rehashing of the plot line drove me crazy this time around - I think because I reread the last few books all in the past month or so, so the storyline is much fresher in my mind. The plot was so slow, and I just didn't care about Sookie's internal struggles. She spends so much time obsessing over Eric and her magical fairy device, and then it's all wrapped up in a few pages at the end. It also seemed like this time, the book was just really, really short. I just was getting into the story when it was over. If I was reading this for the first time, I think I'd give the book 3 stars instead of 4.
  anastaciaknits | Oct 29, 2016 |
After a lackluster last couple of books, Harris picks up the pace as she heads for a series climax. Actually, the last 3 books could have just been condensed into this one. Sookie's in danger again, but this time it's not her fault. She's in possession of a pretty valuable thing that every supe ever wants to get a hold of. Only one more after this! ( )
  EmScape | Sep 19, 2016 |
I have to say there really were some major surprises in this book. I was also glad that Bubba was in this book. I simply love that character!! I won't give spoilers, but it is worth the read. This is the 12th book of The Southern Vampire Series: Sookie Stackhouse and there is one book remaining, due out May 2013. I have to say that I will miss the series, but I am anxious to see what the "ever after" is for Sookie, Eric, and the rest of the characters. Charlaine Harris is amazing! ( )
  MzKitty | Sep 18, 2016 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Harris, Charlainemain authorall editionsconfirmed
Desimini, LisaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Julia, this is for you.
I love you, honey.
It was hot as the six shades of Hell even this late in the evening, and I'd had a busy day at work.  The last thing I wanted to do was to sit in a crowded bar to watch my cousin get naked.
I'd had a very pleasant few hours all by myself. 'Pleasant' didn't mean a positive good to me anymore: It meant an absence of bad. I had done a little straightening in the kitchen, read a little, turned on the television just to have voices in the background. Nice. Not exciting. I'd had enough exciting. (chapter 6)

Felipe de Castro, the vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), is in town. It’s the worst possible time for a human body to show up in Eric Northman’s front yard—especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank.

Now it’s up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who’s set out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down.

When telepathic waitress Sookie Stackhouse investigates the body of a woman discovered in vampire Eric Northman's yard, she has no idea the murderer is an enemy out to get her.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,770,049 books! | Top bar: Always visible