Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie…

Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12) (edition 2012)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:dianestm
Title:Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Gollancz (2012), Paperback, 336 pages
Tags:2012, Vampires, Fiction

Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris

English (152)  French (1)  Piratical (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (155)
Another good audio book about Sookie Stackhouse. Again, I'm enjoying having this series read to me as I drive to/from work. It will be sad when I'm at the end of the series. If you like True Blood, you will like this series. I recommend it especially as an audio book. Johanna does a fantastic job with the voices. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 12, 2016 |
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
I see what you're doing, Harris, and I'm not real happy about it. One more book left, eh?

I'll give you a dollar if Sookie doesn't end up with a certain bartending shifter we all know and love.

He's cute, so I'm okay with that. I guess. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
Oh snap. It's getting real! One last book to go! (and the side short stories). ( )
  thanbini | Jun 19, 2016 |
SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW....

I never thought I'd end up giving a Sookie book a three star rating. Because of my love for the series, it's close to a four. If we had the half stars, it'd be 3.5. This book felt a bit forced to me. I don't know if Harris is just so tired of the series, or if she's so inclined to undo the relationships of Sookie and some main characters. I know she regrets some of the plot points she's written and I suppose since the series is coming to an end, she's trying to undo the damage and lead Sookie on the path she thinks she should take. I find this sad. Sad because, to do this, she has to actually change Eric to something he's not. The last few books she's taken away playfulness that made readers fall for him, she's taken away the excitement of the relationship to just make it wearisome, and she's even now making the vamps stand at the inevitable backdoor to Sookies life. While it could be seen as a natural progression of how things work, it feels forced to me instead, like reading about a completely different Eric than the one in the past books.

I will always read and likely enjoy Sookie books, but this one had other flaws as well. Sookie books aren't always action packed, which is fine as I'm more character than plot orientated anyway, but here there was a lack of substance. It's still interesting, I didn't grow bored (It's Sookie world!!), but it almost seems like the book was just going through the motions to get written and to make a point of the Eric relationship.

Since I'm a fan of the series and it has been important in my life for years, I don't want it to end. It just seems like in this book, all the fun playfulness has left. Even in books where much darker things have taken place, there was fun in there, or else passion and genuine adventure. I hold my breath with baited breath for the next and last book, although I think it's pretty clear how it's going to turn out. ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Harris, Charlainemain authorall editionsconfirmed
Desimini, LisaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Julia, this is for you.
I love you, honey.
It was hot as the six shades of Hell even this late in the evening, and I'd had a busy day at work.  The last thing I wanted to do was to sit in a crowded bar to watch my cousin get naked.
I'd had a very pleasant few hours all by myself. 'Pleasant' didn't mean a positive good to me anymore: It meant an absence of bad. I had done a little straightening in the kitchen, read a little, turned on the television just to have voices in the background. Nice. Not exciting. I'd had enough exciting. (chapter 6)

Felipe de Castro, the vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), is in town. It’s the worst possible time for a human body to show up in Eric Northman’s front yard—especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank.

Now it’s up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who’s set out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down.

When telepathic waitress Sookie Stackhouse investigates the body of a woman discovered in vampire Eric Northman's yard, she has no idea the murderer is an enemy out to get her.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,332,596 books! | Top bar: Always visible