Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie…

Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12) (edition 2012)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:dianestm
Title:Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Gollancz (2012), Paperback, 336 pages
Tags:2012, Vampires, Fiction

Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris

English (120)  French (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (122)
I started listening to this as an audio book since I didn't have it listed as one that I'd read, but I have read it, I guess about a year ago. Must have borrowed it because I don't have it on my shelf at home either - unless The Girl swiped it. Possible. Rotten child.

This is another typical addition to the Sookie series. Not much else to say about it. Stuff happens & Sookie perseveres through it all. A bit of new magic is added into the mix of paranormal soap opera. It was fun, but not terribly memorable or anything. Formulaic like all of Harris' books. Nothing wrong with that. They're kind of like a pleasant day dream & about as memorable. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |
Another Sookie - can or does more be said about this paranormal soap opera? Well, in this case, there are a couple of things. Harris is winding things up. The next book is supposed to be the last, although I've heard there is an epilogue that lists all the characters & what happens to them afterward. This wrap up gives Harris a good excuse to list Sookie's accomplishments - by this I mean her kills. A few times we're reminded of how deadly she has been & how little choice she has had. She's just done the best she could in a lot of bad situations.

I think Harris is also winding up the love interests that have pushed Sookie around for so long. A lot of emphasis is placed on how normal men just won't work for her since she reads their minds so easily. Vampires are relaxing to be with since she can't read them at all, but she complains several times about not being happy when she's has to rely on just normal human senses. There are a lot of indications that she's going to make a permanent choice in the next book, the one I've been rooting for all along.

Vamps are just too alien. Eric really doesn't have much choice for his future & Bill blew it. The big problem in this book has been the cluviel dor & what she is going to do with it. DO NOT READ AS IT REALLY SPOILS THE BOOK:She uses it to save Sam, not her relationship with Eric, which he wants. So, I'm hoping that she's finally leaning toward Sam. Sam has always been there for her & she can read just enough of his mind, not to mention they've grown closer in other ways such as business. Sam needs a woman who is powerful & exotic like Sookie. I think they're finally going to get together. They started out as friends first, the most important aspect of a lasting relationship.

Well, that's a lot of writing for a piece of fluff, but it's fun fluff. I usually can't keep the details of any single book in my head for more than a few minutes, so I'm going to start reading the next & final book, [b:Dead Ever After|15985348|Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse, #13)|Charlaine Harris|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1352158186s/15985348.jpg|17328606] which was kindly loaned to me by a friend. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |
Much better than the last few books in this series, once it got going.

And I'm not just saying that because the ending makes it look like Sookie is going to end up with who I want her to end up with! :-) ( )
  drhapgood | Jul 27, 2014 |
Boring is the only word I could think of while describing this book. I am not even disappointed as I pretty much guessed this book would be boring from the disaster of the previous book. I am not sure where to start my ranting from.

Well I will start from my biggest complaint. Eric is gone! Yes he is gone in every sense from this book. Eric didn't sound like Eric even once. Charlaine Harris totally murdered his character for no apparent reason. He is not charming, not sexy, not gorgeous, not powerful, not scary nothing anymore. He is not even a shadow of his character from the earlier books. And since he was my favorite character in this series, this is the biggest disappointment for me.

I knew Charlaine Harris was going to end Eric-Sookie relationship from the hint in the previous book. But I still hoped a little bit. And my hope didn't paid off, of course! There was not one romantic or sex scene with Eric. I don't understand what Charlaine was thinking really! These books are so popular because of the steaming hot romance and chemistry of Eric and Sookie. And she didn't think of including any of it in this book!!!

After all the dramas and plots we have been through in this series, she is ending up Sookie with Sam! She couldn't find anyone else in the world! There was never any chemistry between Sam and Sookie. Other than being good friends, I could never imagined Sookie and Sam together. But I guess I have to stretch my imagination to include this disaster also into the reality of Sookie world.

And the plot was the poorest one ever in this series. It didn't spark my interest even once. Claude went through all these pain of breaking up Eric and Sookie so that she would be miserable, so her great grandfather Nial would come to comfort her, so Claude would be able to kill him.... really!!! This is the amazing plot she could think of!

I would finish my ranting now as I am already exhausted after reading this book and I don't want to drag my misery anymore. Just end this series already...that's my only request. ( )
  sreeparna | Jul 27, 2014 |
The latest Sookie novel offer nothing new in the way of status quo, as Charlaine Harris continues to cower from any meaningful character or plot developments, but is no doubt still enough bubble-gum for the fans. ( )
  Birdo82 | Jul 26, 2014 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Desimini, LisaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Julia, this is for you.
I love you, honey.
It was hot as the six shades of Hell even this late in the evening, and I'd had a busy day at work.  The last thing I wanted to do was to sit in a crowded bar to watch my cousin get naked.
I'd had a very pleasant few hours all by myself. 'Pleasant' didn't mean a positive good to me anymore: It meant an absence of bad. I had done a little straightening in the kitchen, read a little, turned on the television just to have voices in the background. Nice. Not exciting. I'd had enough exciting. (chapter 6)

Felipe de Castro, the vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), is in town. It’s the worst possible time for a human body to show up in Eric Northman’s front yard—especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank.

Now it’s up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who’s set out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down.

When telepathic waitress Sookie Stackhouse investigates the body of a woman discovered in vampire Eric Northman's yard, she has no idea the murderer is an enemy out to get her.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,154,539 books! | Top bar: Always visible