dismiss

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime: A…

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime: A Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery with… (edition 1996)

by Tamar Myers

"Even a proper Mennonite innkeeper finds it hard to resist Hollywood's siren call, especially when she's offered an outrageous sum of money for the use of her premises. But Magdalena Yoder - whose quaintly chic hostelry gained national fame when it became the site of two unfortunate murders in Tamar Myers's debut mystery, Too Many Cooks Spoil the Broth - soon comes to regret her decision." "First a manic group of not-quite-reputable actors, directors, and producers descends on the inn and begins to do things that must have Magdalena's mother rolling in her grave. Then her very own neighbors are apparently infected by the bug and begin to act even more bizarrely than the movie folk. But when one of the crew is found impaled to the wall of the barn by a pitchfork, it's no longer possible to pretend that this is just an exciting interlude in an otherwise quiet life. And since the incompetent police chief, Melvin Stoltzfus, is convinced that Magdalena did it, she must find the real killer in order to clear her own name." "Readers of Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Crime will enjoy the recipes of Magdalena's cook, Freni Hostetler, and her friend Doc Shafer, liberally sprinkled throughout the book, while following Magdalena's hilariously maddening efforts to clear her name, return her precious PennDutch Inn to its pre-Hollywood level of propriety, and give her twirling mother some peace."--BOOK JACKET.Title Summary field provided by Blackwell North America, Inc. All Rights Reserved… (more)
Member:benfulton
Title:Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime: A Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery with Recipes
Authors:Tamar Myers
Info:Signet (1996), Mass Market Paperback, 272 pages

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime by Tamar Myers

2 1/2 stars
  Oodles | Feb 16, 2016 |
2nd in the Pennsylvania-Dutch Murder Mystery series. Some of the other reviewers on this site didn't like it but I stand behind it's a fun fluffy mystery to read. This one has the Penn Dutch Inn being invaded by a Hollywood film crew. Magdellena starts off with a cameo role in the film being made. However when one of the crew is killed in her barn. Numerous twists and turns in this one. The notorious six seater believe it or not plays an important part in this book. ( )
  ChrisWeir | Oct 21, 2014 |
This is the first book I have read by Tamar Myers and I was a bit skeptical about reading it. I for one and glad I did. The book has humor and mystery rolled into one. It also gave me a bit of an idea how amish and Mennonites get along and their background. Very interesting and I look for to the rest of her series. ( )
  BarbsReviews | Jul 26, 2010 |
Murder was bad enough the first time, but when the PennDutch Inn is descended upon by a Hollywood film crew with mob connections and everyone catches the acting bug, Magdalena has her hands full. According to the sheriff, full of the pitchfork used to stab the assistant director... Will she be able to prove her own innocence before he manages to prove otherwise?

A bit overly cute, but I can't wait to try a couple of the recipes. ( )
  SunnySD | Jul 22, 2010 |
Start date:?
End date:5/13/2010
Borrowed/bought: borrowed
My rating of the book, F- [worst] to A [best]: B

Description of the book: In the second book of the PennDutch Inn series, we follow Magdalena Yoder on another mystery adventure. Magdalena is approached by a Hollywood film company who would like to use the Inn to shoot a movie. When one of the movie crew gets skewered by a pitchfork and the local authorities think Magdalena did it she must find out who the real killer is.
Review: If you like fluffy mysteries and biting humor you will enjoy this series. Don't be misled though, the character of Magdalena that Myers creates would make most Mennonites and Amish blush. ( )
  leperdbunny | May 14, 2010 |

Belongs to Series

I was too mature to fight back. Susannah would just have to wait and find her bed short-sheeted.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,763,759 books! | Top bar: Always visible