Insurgent (Divergent, Book 2) (Divergent…

Insurgent (Divergent, Book 2) (Divergent Series) (original 2013; edition 2012)

by Veronica Roth

Member:ShelbyG.B1
Title:Insurgent (Divergent, Book 2) (Divergent Series)
Authors:Veronica Roth
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2012), Edition: 0, Hardcover, 544 pages
Rating:*****

Insurgent by Veronica Roth (2013)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Anonymous user)
    Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (peptastic)
    The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Waterbuggg)
    Waterbuggg: Both books are action-packed and have a similar premise and secret.
    XVI by Julia Karr (kathleen.morrow)
    kathleen.morrow: Both are well-written dystopians with complicated and developed female protagonists and excellent plotting.
    The Iron Butterfly by Chanda Hahn (SayoC)
    Die Verratenen by Ursula Poznanski (Camaho)

English (555)  Spanish (4)  German (2)  Piratical (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (564)
I think this book was weaker than Divergent. At first I thought it was just a middle book problem but I think the author wrote herself into a corner and had a hard time getting out. I'm not if I'm going to read book 3. ( )
  jmc13057 | Jan 5, 2019 |
I've been putting off reading this one, though now I kind of wish that I had waited a few more months. This book wasn't the least bit of what I expected it to be.I wasn't hooked like I was with Divergent and I actually started reading another book halfway through this one. I'm waiting till the next book is released, hopefully everything will be wrapped up and I can say that the trilogy was a great one, minus this one book! ( )
  chaoticbooklover | Dec 26, 2018 |
This book is about A girl named Tris. She is now in the faction called Dauntless. Another faction called Erudite has mind controlled people and those people attacked Abnegation. The only people who weren't affected by the mind control are people called Divergent. Tris and her boyfriend Four (Tobias) try to save the people in Abnegation, but by doing that they went against their faction.The go to the Amity for shelter, then Candor, and last the faction less. Four decides to team up with the faction less because their leader is his mother.
The dauntless, that aren't teamed up with the Erudite, decide to go back to their to the Dauntless compound. One night while Tris was sleeping her friend Christina woke her up. Christina brings her to the roof. There standing on the edge of the roof were three people under mind control. The told Tris that every night this would happen in till a divergent goes to the Erudite compound. Right after that the three of them jumped of the ledge. Tris could only save one of them. She divided to go to the Erudite compound soothes could run tests on her.
Tobias comes to save her and takes her to where the faction less live. There Tobias's father Marcus, which Tobias hates, tells Tris that the faction less are going to destroy important information. Tris decides to go with Marcus to save the information while Four and the faction less go fight the Erudite. Tris gets so close to saving the information when she fails, and Four finds out she is helping his father. Four gets mad, but then he goes to see the information himself. He sees that it IS important and he saves it for Tris. At the end of the book they find out very important information about what is out side the fence of their city.
I thought this book was great but not as good but not as good as the first book. Tris and Four could have gotten in less fights. Other than that the book was great. The author described Tris's emotions very well. She described them so well I all most cried when Tris cried. The author also explained the setting very well to. I felt like I was with the characters where ever they went. ( )
  CarmenG.B2 | Dec 5, 2018 |

Het orgineel van mijn review kan je vinden op mijn blog:

Zodra je eenmaal in het boek bezig bent, kan je het bijna niet meer wegleggen, dat is dus de reden waarom het een tijdje op de stapel heeft gelegen. Tijd, ..... De cover is intrigerend, in het begin van het boek word er volgens mij over deze boom verteld. IK hou van deze serie! Deel 3 ligt al op me te wachten!

Midden in deze ruimte staat een enorme boom. De takken reiken door de hele kas en de wortels kronkelen uit de grond omhoog, zodat er een dicht web van wortels ontstaat

Ik weet dat het iets met de Afwijkenden te maken heeft, gooi ik er uit, Ik weet dat de informatie gaat over wat er buiten het hek is

Weer word het hek aangehaald, wat me in deel 1 al opviel. Het boek heeft deel 1 overtroffen! Een aantal zaken worden duidelijker. Of ik de zelfbeheersing op kan brengen om deel 3 te laten liggen? Tja als het net zo goed geschreven is ...
  LindaKwakernaat | Nov 29, 2018 |
Is. The. Most. Epic. Book. EVER.
Yep, you heard me.
First, we meet Amity, the factionless, then Candor and have fun getting to know those people. Then a couple characters die and Tris feels bad and turns herself into Erudite, which was a very stupid decision, NOT the first stupid decision she made over the course of the book, nor he last, but the first stupid decision she made for a good reason. There is drama between her and Tobias (I am fangirling at the mention of his name) and drama between her and Christina (which you can probably guess what is about, if you were paying any attention during Divergent AT ALL.)
Then Caleb does something—or rather, something Caleb has done or has been doing is revealed, and made me (much to the behest of my brothers, who yelled, and I quote, “Shut up, Monica!”) shout: NOT COOL!
And my shouting NOT COOL at what Caleb did is probably the understatement of the century, but I couldn’t really think of anything else to say.
Much war is made between Erudite and the leftover Dauntless who ally with the Factionless (cuz they’re stupid) and secrets of wwha’s ‘outside the fence’ made by Marcus, Caleb, and others.
The total death toll of this book lands at somewhere around five important, named characters. Actually, we met one character, started to like him, and then he died ONE CHAPTER LATER. Yeah, that’s a pot of awesome sauce. *sarcasm*
Tris and Tobias have some lovely fighting moments, some lovely making up moments, and at he end, a test of true love, as I like to call it. Tobias almost fails that test. As a fangirl, I was just about in tears.
Some of my favorite quotes:

“Oh, yeah,” I say, nodding. “It’s so easy. All I have to do is go up to you and say, ‘By the way, I shot Will, and now guilt is ripping me to shreds, but what’s for breakfast?’ Right? Right?"

This, I think, is one of the best lines in the book because it’s her confession, and its sad and saturated with guilt, but its all lost in anger and sarcasm.

He leans towards me like he’s going to kiss me, then seems to think better of it and leans back, biting his lip. It’s a small act, but it still feels like rejection.

It feels like rejection, Tris, because it is. That right there is literally the definition of rejection.

“No matter where I stand, I’ll still think mind controlling an entire city of people is evil.”

I totally agree.

Oh, yeah, and at the end of the book, we find out a huge secret about what has become of the rest of humanity and what's ominous and ‘outside the fence’ and the originator of Tris’s line, which brings me back to what I originally said about this being The. Most. Epic. Book. EVER.

btw, I know I have it marked as five stars, but it's literally, like, ten stars.
first time read: july 14, 2012 ( )
  Monica_P | Nov 22, 2018 |
I won't write a spoiler here, but Veronica Roth really has a way of wrapping up the end of the story while leaving the reader gasping at the revelation, and desperate to read more.

Roth, Veronicaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.

-From the Candor faction manifesto
To Nelson,

who was worth every risk
I wake with his name in my mouth.

Tris Prior survives the Erudite simulation attacks that occur during the time she expected to be celebrating her achievement of being ranked first among the initiate class of her chosen faction, Dauntless. Even though the Dauntless have been freed from Erudite mind control, a war develops and secrets emerge.

AR Level 5.0, 16 pts

"As war surges in the dystopian society around her, sixteen-year-old Divergent Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,630,055 books! | Top bar: Always visible