Insurgent (Divergent) by Veronica Roth

Insurgent (Divergent) (original 2013; edition 2012)

by Veronica Roth

Member:RoeschLeisure
Title:Insurgent (Divergent)
Authors:Veronica Roth
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2012), Hardcover, 544 pages
Tags:fiction, young adult, scifi, dystopia, Divergent Series

Insurgent by Veronica Roth (2013)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Anonymous user)
    Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (peptastic)
    The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Waterbuggg)
    Waterbuggg: Both books are action-packed and have a similar premise and secret.
    XVI by Julia Karr (kathleen.morrow)
    kathleen.morrow: Both are well-written dystopians with complicated and developed female protagonists and excellent plotting.
    The Iron Butterfly by Chanda Hahn (SayoC)
    Die Verratenen by Ursula Poznanski (Camaho)

English (414)  Spanish (3)  Piratical (1)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (421)
I've said it a lot during this book and I'll say it again. I am confused! What does the ending mean? And when can I find out because I am jumping out of my skin to know?

As in Divergent, Insurgent was entrancing. I couldn't wait to turn the page and find out what was going to unfold. Tris not only has to deal with major societal issues, but first love issues, trust issues and a world that has basically gone mad.

Quite the page turner but has a killer (killing me at least) cliff hanger.

Read With Me: Insurgent ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
I also enjoyed the second book in the series. There were a lot of suprises and I had to continue reading because I couldn't put it down. I think this is a great book for my middle school students. There is adventure, action, drama, and romance. The students feel like they are reading an adult novel. Although the book is mature, the content is not extremely sexual and the language is pretty tame. This makes it a great choice for middle school.
  ERegele | Apr 16, 2015 |
Part 2 of the Divergent series. It starts immediately after the end of book one and continues following Tris and Four as they deal with the Erudite simulation battles that happened in Divergent. If you know what the heck I'm talking about, you'll probably read this book, if not, spoilers, go back and read Divergent. A pretty good story that is a middle book and thus has a lot of action and leads us to a climax that makes you want to start reading the next book

I enjoyed it, wouldn't say it was great but I'll still read the last book Allegiant and the side track book Four : The Son

6/10

S: 3/12/15 F: 3/17/15 (6 Days) ( )
  mahsdad | Apr 9, 2015 |
want to read this so bad. ( )
  englisherna | Apr 8, 2015 |
Great! ( )
  Audri-Anne | Apr 6, 2015 |
I won't write a spoiler here, but Veronica Roth really has a way of wrapping up the end of the story while leaving the reader gasping at the revelation, and desperate to read more.

Veronica Rothprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.

-From the Candor faction manifesto
To Nelson,

who was worth every risk
I wake with his name in my mouth.

Tris Prior survives the Erudite simulation attacks that occur during the time she expected to be celebrating her achievement of being ranked first among the initiate class of her chosen faction, Dauntless. Even though the Dauntless have been freed from Erudite mind control, a war develops and secrets emerge.

"As war surges in the dystopian society around her, sixteen-year-old Divergent Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love"--… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,559,899 books! | Top bar: Always visible