Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Insurgent (original 2013; edition 2012)

by Veronica Roth

Member:Sassm
Title:Insurgent
Authors:Veronica Roth
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2012), Edition: First Edition first Printing, Hardcover, 544 pages
Collections:Mine
Tags:young adult fiction, 2012, science fiction, kindle, dystopian

Insurgent by Veronica Roth (2013)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Anonymous user)
    Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (peptastic)
    The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Waterbuggg)
    Waterbuggg: Both books are action-packed and have a similar premise and secret.
    XVI by Julia Karr (kathleen.morrow)
    kathleen.morrow: Both are well-written dystopians with complicated and developed female protagonists and excellent plotting.
    The Iron Butterfly by Chanda Hahn (SayoC)
    Die Verratenen by Ursula Poznanski (Camaho)

English (563)  Spanish (4)  German (2)  Piratical (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (572)
It was awesome. There were so many plot twists. Can't wait to see the movie. Couple weeks until it's possible. I'm dying!!! ( )
  gwengaudet | May 24, 2019 |
  gwengaudet | May 24, 2019 |
Great book. Very unexpected ending. ( )
  Teezie | May 10, 2019 |
This is the second time I've read this book and this time I listened to the audio.
I didn't enjoy it as much as the first book. Tris really struggles with herself after shooting Will and begins to alienate those around her. She also becomes reckless and almost suicidal because the guilt is overwhelming her and she wants to join her parents in the afterlife. This was harder for me to read and I just wanted to shake Tris and tell her to confide in Four or her other friends so they could help her. The plot moved a little slower and there's more drama in this book. The ending is good and does make me want to finally read the last book. The narrator did a good job of making me believe she really was a seventeen year old girl who didn't know what to do. I will listen to Allegiant and finish out the series. ( )
  AlyP59 | Apr 25, 2019 |
Insurgent (Veronica Roth) NY: Harper Collins: 2012

Choice: YA: 545 PG

Summary: After the attack on Abnigation, Tris and Tobias try to rebuild the Dauntless faction. They figure out that Jeanine is trying to control all the factions with another long term tracking serum. They make a plan to break into her headquarters and destroy all her data. Tris works against Tobias to release information that her mother died for, appearing to be a traitor.

Critique: What happens after a planned society starts to fight itself? This is one version of what might happen.

Activity (After): What would you do if you were in Tris's position at the end? Would you go against Tobias or stay out of the fight?
  RachaelWilley | Mar 26, 2019 |
I won't write a spoiler here, but Veronica Roth really has a way of wrapping up the end of the story while leaving the reader gasping at the revelation, and desperate to read more.

Roth, Veronicaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.

-From the Candor faction manifesto
To Nelson,

who was worth every risk
I wake with his name in my mouth.

Tris Prior survives the Erudite simulation attacks that occur during the time she expected to be celebrating her achievement of being ranked first among the initiate class of her chosen faction, Dauntless. Even though the Dauntless have been freed from Erudite mind control, a war develops and secrets emerge.

AR Level 5.0, 16 pts

"As war surges in the dystopian society around her, sixteen-year-old Divergent Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,855,054 books! | Top bar: Always visible