Insurgent (Divergent) by Veronica Roth

Insurgent (Divergent) (original 2013; edition 2012)

by Veronica Roth

Series: Divergent (2)

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.… (more)
Member:christine.meram
Title:Insurgent (Divergent)
Authors:Veronica Roth
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2012), Edition: First Edition first Printing, Hardcover, 544 pages
Rating:**

Insurgent by Veronica Roth (2013)

Recently added by14908366, AnnieCathryn, Arina40, Livvy3010, weylyn42, Tetkobear, private library, EliKaz, Naomi1981, kwest27
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Anonymous user)
    Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (peptastic)
    The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Waterbuggg)
    Waterbuggg: Both books are action-packed and have a similar premise and secret.
    XVI by Julia Karr (kathleen.morrow)
    kathleen.morrow: Both are well-written dystopians with complicated and developed female protagonists and excellent plotting.
    The Iron Butterfly by Chanda Hahn (SayoC)
    Die Verratenen by Ursula Poznanski (Camaho)

English (599)  Spanish (3)  Piratical (1)  German (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (606)
This book is just okay for my taste and I did enjoy it but it wasn't that enticing as the first one. I will be reading the 3rd book but only just because I want to know what happens at the end. ( )
  nikkiyrj | Sep 18, 2020 |
I enjoyed this more than [b:Divergent|13335037|Divergent (Divergent, #1)|Veronica Roth|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1328559506s/13335037.jpg|13155899], but I still wasn't totally sold on the world. I am curious about the final book, so when my library hold arrives, I'll give it a try. I think this series is just too bleak for my taste, and I'm not really the best audience for the story. ( )
  bookbrig | Aug 5, 2020 |
Still like the writing style of Veronica Roth. Nice surprises here and there but now feels more like a chick fleck. Nonetheless, a nice read. ( )
  sami7 | Aug 3, 2020 |
Started out slow, but got more compelling as it went on. Nice development both of the A-plot and of the romantic and other relationship plots. ( )
  elenaj | Jul 31, 2020 |
The continuing saga of Tris and Four. This would be a great series to have as a book club with young adults, I would love to hear their viewpoints on character and behavior and loyalty and family etc. ( )
  Jolene.M | Jul 30, 2020 |
I won't write a spoiler here, but Veronica Roth really has a way of wrapping up the end of the story while leaving the reader gasping at the revelation, and desperate to read more.

Roth, Veronicaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Information from the Czech Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.

-From the Candor faction manifesto
To Nelson,

who was worth every risk
I wake with his name in my mouth.

Tris Prior survives the Erudite simulation attacks that occur during the time she expected to be celebrating her achievement of being ranked first among the initiate class of her chosen faction, Dauntless. Even though the Dauntless have been freed from Erudite mind control, a war develops and secrets emerge.

AR Level 5.0, 16 pts

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,764,452 books! | Top bar: Always visible