Insurgent: Collector's Edition…

Insurgent: Collector's Edition (Divergent) (original 2013; edition 2012)

by Veronica Roth

Member:AidaDee
Title:Insurgent: Collector's Edition (Divergent)
Authors:Veronica Roth
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2012), Edition: Har/Pstr C, Hardcover, 592 pages
Rating:***

Insurgent by Veronica Roth (2013)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Anonymous user)
    Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (peptastic)
    The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Waterbuggg)
    Waterbuggg: Both books are action-packed and have a similar premise and secret.
    XVI by Julia Karr (kathleen.morrow)
    kathleen.morrow: Both are well-written dystopians with complicated and developed female protagonists and excellent plotting.
    The Iron Butterfly by Chanda Hahn (SayoC)
    Die Verratenen by Ursula Poznanski (Camaho)

English (388)  Spanish (3)  Piratical (1)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (395)
If you haven't read Divergent, definitely check it out & read it before reading Insurgent, otherwise you will be completely confused. That said, the action in Insurgent picks up right where Divergent left off. I enjoyed this installment in the trilogy as much as the first. It's difficult to say much without spoiling something. Suffice it to say Insurgent is action packed with deeper character development. Veronica Roth's writing style is a pleasure to read, and I can't wait for the final installment! ( )
1 vote Kelly_Mills | Dec 12, 2014 |
Do yourself a favor: stop after after the first book. The second and third offer nothing interesting. Any questions you might have that get answered in the second and third books have FAR less interesting resolutions than anything you might imagine on your own. ( )
  benuathanasia | Dec 11, 2014 |
INSURGENT – I decided to read on through to the next book Insurgent, by the mid to end I was no longer enthused. I found the ups and downs of Tris became monotonous and hard to follow as did her on off love relationship with Tobias. The faction of Erudite overcomes the Dauntless (through simulation) and they go on to annihilate Abnegation the survivors head towards Amity for refuge. The Factionless rise up and in all of this turmoil Tris is apparently searching for the truth (whatever that is and we still don’t find out the end apart from someone named Edith Prior who reappears via a video) is she Tris’ grandparent????? As they share the same surname. Unfortunately it was too science fiction for me to get my head around and I became bored with it. Also Tris’ appears to nearly die over and over and over again, she can barely lift her arm and yet she can overcome any obstacle in her way?????
Will I read the last book of the series Allegiant?? Most probably I will however I will skim it as I know what expect –
A dark dystopian world with ongoing fighting, between factions, for survival!
Tris will continue to fight (although half dead) against all odds to discover the truth, whatever that may be. ( )
  rata | Dec 8, 2014 |
I thought the first one was better. Just not as interesting. ( )
  Kathryn_Brown | Dec 1, 2014 |
Wasn't as thrilled with this one as I was the first. I began to predict some of the characters' decisions and the big twist was obvious...but somewhat well executed. I want to see how the author fixes this. ( )
  LadyLiz | Nov 25, 2014 |
I won't write a spoiler here, but Veronica Roth really has a way of wrapping up the end of the story while leaving the reader gasping at the revelation, and desperate to read more.

Veronica Rothprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.

-From the Candor faction manifesto
To Nelson,

who was worth every risk
I wake with his name in my mouth.

Tris Prior survives the Erudite simulation attacks that occur during the time she expected to be celebrating her achievement of being ranked first among the initiate class of her chosen faction, Dauntless. Even though the Dauntless have been freed from Erudite mind control, a war develops and secrets emerge.

"As war surges in the dystopian society around her, sixteen-year-old Divergent Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love"--… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,381,391 books! | Top bar: Always visible