Insurgent: Collector's Edition…

Insurgent: Collector's Edition (Divergent) (original 2013; edition 2012)

by Veronica Roth

Member:AidaDee
Title:Insurgent: Collector's Edition (Divergent)
Authors:Veronica Roth
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2012), Edition: Har/Pstr C, Hardcover, 592 pages
Rating:***

Insurgent by Veronica Roth (2013)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Anonymous user)
    Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (peptastic)
    The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Waterbuggg)
    Waterbuggg: Both books are action-packed and have a similar premise and secret.
    XVI by Julia Karr (kathleen.morrow)
    kathleen.morrow: Both are well-written dystopians with complicated and developed female protagonists and excellent plotting.
    The Iron Butterfly by Chanda Hahn (SayoC)
    Die Verratenen by Ursula Poznanski (Camaho)

English (494)  Spanish (4)  Dutch (2)  Piratical (1)  Italian (1)  German (1)  All languages (503)
I really liked Divergent more than Insurgent, but it was pretty fun to read. Now I can't wait for some closure, because it literally was a gianormous cliffhanger there. ( )
  escapefromreality13 | Aug 25, 2016 |
Like all sequels, the first was better. It also is not soo much a sequel, as it picks up mid action and ends the same way, which is frustrating. Teens don't like reading long books I guess. Otherwise I would say that the characters develop a bit, but again the world is what interests me most. ( )
  TegarSault | Aug 22, 2016 |
There is no earthly reason why I should have liked Veronica Roth's novel "Insurgent." Except that I did like it, a lot.

In this book, Tris Prior and her boyfriend Four are dealing with the after affects of foiling the Erudite-led plan to take over the government. Shenanigans ensue and character relationships fracture. Dystopian goodness, which is right up my alley.

Really, as the second book in this trilogy it really offers very little as plot -- it mainly just serves as bridge to the third book. But I read this in two days because I couldn't wait to see what was happening with Tris and the gang. I was surprised by the last chapter-- it ended in the opposite way I expected so that made for a nice ending.

This book was just a very fun read (and I don't have enough of those.) I look forward to reading the final installment. ( )
  amerynth | Aug 16, 2016 |
I love this series soooo much, wish they would make a film of it too! ( )
  RoseyEm | Jul 14, 2016 |
This starts where Divergent leaves off to the exact minute. It carries on the story of Tris and Tobias and what is happening in Chicago with the factions. You learn more about the past and the crazies like Jeannie who is trying to control everyone. Also you learn more about the Divergent people. Looking forward to the last installment of the series. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
I won't write a spoiler here, but Veronica Roth really has a way of wrapping up the end of the story while leaving the reader gasping at the revelation, and desperate to read more.

Roth, Veronicaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.

-From the Candor faction manifesto
To Nelson,

who was worth every risk
I wake with his name in my mouth.

Tris Prior survives the Erudite simulation attacks that occur during the time she expected to be celebrating her achievement of being ranked first among the initiate class of her chosen faction, Dauntless. Even though the Dauntless have been freed from Erudite mind control, a war develops and secrets emerge.

"As war surges in the dystopian society around her, sixteen-year-old Divergent Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love"--… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,366,267 books! | Top bar: Always visible