Insurgent: Collector's Edition…

Insurgent: Collector's Edition (Divergent) (original 2013; edition 2012)

by Veronica Roth

Member:AidaDee
Title:Insurgent: Collector's Edition (Divergent)
Authors:Veronica Roth
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2012), Edition: Har/Pstr C, Hardcover, 592 pages
Rating:***

Insurgent by Veronica Roth (2013)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Anonymous user)
    Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (peptastic)
    The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Waterbuggg)
    Waterbuggg: Both books are action-packed and have a similar premise and secret.
    XVI by Julia Karr (kathleen.morrow)
    kathleen.morrow: Both are well-written dystopians with complicated and developed female protagonists and excellent plotting.
    The Iron Butterfly by Chanda Hahn (SayoC)
    Die Verratenen by Ursula Poznanski (Camaho)

English (512)  Spanish (4)  Dutch (2)  German (2)  Piratical (1)  Italian (1)  All (522)
Entertaining as far as YA dystopian fiction is concerned. Borrowed from the local library's Overdrive collection. Lel. ( )
  kephradyx | Jun 20, 2017 |
i have completely forgotten what happened in it, but i know that i liked it quite a lot. ( )
  Banoczi_Henrietta | Jun 19, 2017 |
I did enjoy this book....Even though it did start off kind of slow for me...It took about 4-5 chapters or so for me to really start getting into it.

The main issues I had with it though was the constant arguing, but after reading "The Reality Of Grief" that Veronica Roth wrote at the end of the book, kind of helped me understand the arguing between Tris & Tobias a bit more. Although this isn't much of a spoiler, there may be some who don't want to know even this small little bit. :-) And it did have its somewhat boring moments for me...so with both of those combined, that's why it got a 4/5 stars.

Some thing's were kind of predictable (1) because there is a third book out (2) Well...How else should it end up? lol

But overall, the book was good and once I actually sat down to listen to the audio (which I enjoyed the narrator) and/or read the book..I was able to get through it within "one sitting" (if you can call it that...Because I was multitasking as I was listening to it).

For someone like me who isn't into dystopian type of books, this one is giving me a little more hope that there may be others out there that could be just as enjoyable.

I still have yet to order Allgeiance and I'm not quite sure when I will because that book will be a total difference between my first two because it's still a hard cover and in Red cover. So, I guess once I am ready to order it...I will just have to deal with it. But, I'm not quite sure when I will be ordering it.. . :-) ( )
  obridget2 | May 14, 2017 |
I thought the book Insurgent would be a totally different book. It was very interesting and depressing in my opinion. Veronica Roth makes such good books and her books make you imagine what is going on. It was cool how many faction-less there were. I was interested why the Candor thought Four was controlling the attack. ( )
  Landon.B4 | May 10, 2017 |
It's just a bit shallow and superficial. I read it after the films so expected more. ( )
  mumfie | May 1, 2017 |
I won't write a spoiler here, but Veronica Roth really has a way of wrapping up the end of the story while leaving the reader gasping at the revelation, and desperate to read more.

Roth, Veronicaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.

-From the Candor faction manifesto
To Nelson,

who was worth every risk
I wake with his name in my mouth.

Tris Prior survives the Erudite simulation attacks that occur during the time she expected to be celebrating her achievement of being ranked first among the initiate class of her chosen faction, Dauntless. Even though the Dauntless have been freed from Erudite mind control, a war develops and secrets emerge.

"As war surges in the dystopian society around her, sixteen-year-old Divergent Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love"--… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,237,739 books! | Top bar: Always visible