Insurgent: Collector's Edition…

Insurgent: Collector's Edition (Divergent) (original 2013; edition 2012)

by Veronica Roth

Member:AidaDee
Title:Insurgent: Collector's Edition (Divergent)
Authors:Veronica Roth
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2012), Edition: Har/Pstr C, Hardcover, 592 pages
Rating:***

Insurgent by Veronica Roth (2013)

2012 (70) 2013 (66) 2014 (37) adventure (43) Chicago (69) Divergent (54) dystopia (288) dystopian (204) ebook (66) factions (23) family (39) fantasy (63) fiction (180) future (21) identity (23) Kindle (59) post-apocalyptic (30) read (53) read in 2012 (44) read in 2013 (38) romance (70) science fiction (226) series (97) survival (22) teen (55) to-read (124) war (35) YA (182) young adult (261) young adult fiction (35)
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Anonymous user)
    Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (peptastic)
    The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Waterbuggg)
    Waterbuggg: Both books are action-packed and have a similar premise and secret.
    XVI by Julia Karr (kathleen.morrow)
    kathleen.morrow: Both are well-written dystopians with complicated and developed female protagonists and excellent plotting.
    Die Verratenen by Ursula Poznanski (Camaho)
    The Iron Butterfly by Chanda Hahn (SayoC)

English (348)  Spanish (3)  Piratical (1)  German (1)  All languages (353)
Painful to read. The writing is worse than the first book, which is really quite bad, and the plot involves moving from place to place looking for 'the information.' Terrible. I usually finish a trilogy when I start it, but I think I'll make an exception. ( )
  Tilda.Tilds | Jul 23, 2014 |
This book is very exciting in some parts and has the perfect amount of romance between Tris and Four. There's also a lot of action, especially when the Dauntless and Factionless invade the Erudite compound. 5Q5P The cover art is awesome and I'd recommend this book to middle school and high school students. I chose to read this book because I read the previous one in the trilogy and it was really good, so I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one. AbigaleO
  edspicer | Jul 23, 2014 |
This book is not good. The first person gets so tedious (I lost count of how many times a sentence started or ended with "He said."). Additionally, the story is so slow and boring. There is entirely too much time spent on feelings of guilt for actions that happened in the first book. ( )
  levasssp | Jul 22, 2014 |
This book has a lot of action. It twists and turns a lot and I couldn't put it down. Words really cannot describe how good this was. 5Q5P The cover art is awesome and I'd recommend this for middle school and high school students as well as adults. I chose to read this book because the cover looked very interesting and the first book was probably the best thing I've ever read. VictoriaE
  edspicer | Jul 17, 2014 |
I was severely disappointed with this book. I almost considered putting this book down(which I am prone to do) but I forced myself to continue. True it had been a year since I read the previous book, but I still felt it was a difficult read. They were too many characters to keep track of, due to their plain names and different factions. The main character, Beatrice, is told in first-person and her thought-process is quite annoying. She very stubborn and her acts of "self-lessness" are merely obstinate choices she makes to be a "sacrifice". I only continued to read for the romance of the male protagonist, Four, but Beatrice kept distancing herself from him. I was not impressed. Try harder for the conclusion, please. ( )
1 vote aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
I won't write a spoiler here, but Veronica Roth really has a way of wrapping up the end of the story while leaving the reader gasping at the revelation, and desperate to read more.

Veronica Rothprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.

-From the Candor faction manifesto
To Nelson,

who was worth every risk
I wake with his name in my mouth.

Tris Prior survives the Erudite simulation attacks that occur during the time she expected to be celebrating her achievement of being ranked first among the initiate class of her chosen faction, Dauntless. Even though the Dauntless have been freed from Erudite mind control, a war develops and secrets emerge.

"As war surges in the dystopian society around her, sixteen-year-old Divergent Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love"--… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,523,141 books! | Top bar: Always visible