Insurgent: Collector's Edition…

Insurgent: Collector's Edition (Divergent) (original 2013; edition 2012)

by Veronica Roth

Member:terra_incognita
Title:Insurgent: Collector's Edition (Divergent)
Authors:Veronica Roth
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2012), Edition: Har/Pstr C, Hardcover, 592 pages
Rating:****1/2

Insurgent by Veronica Roth (2013)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Anonymous user)
    Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (peptastic)
    The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Waterbuggg)
    Waterbuggg: Both books are action-packed and have a similar premise and secret.
    XVI by Julia Karr (kathleen.morrow)
    kathleen.morrow: Both are well-written dystopians with complicated and developed female protagonists and excellent plotting.
    The Iron Butterfly by Chanda Hahn (SayoC)
    Die Verratenen by Ursula Poznanski (Camaho)

English (472)  Spanish (3)  Piratical (1)  German (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (479)
Oh my gosh - even more of a thrill than the first. Nothing is what it seems. And instead of tiring on the concept, the end leaves you actually craving the third installment. I had to re-read this to pick up all that was going on - and I'm SO GLAD I did... ( )
  bjoelle5 | Feb 6, 2016 |
This felt slower than Divergent and I didn't enjoy it quite as much. I felt the "Big Secret" at the end wasn't really that much of a surprise and a bit of an anti climax. I'll finish the series though. ( )
  Laurochka | Feb 6, 2016 |
Too many teenage relationship issues and not enough revolution. Still an enjoyable read. ( )
  tashlyn88 | Feb 5, 2016 |
I don't have a lot to say about this book, other than that I enjoyed it as much as the first one. ( )
1 vote AngelClaw | Feb 2, 2016 |
This was not as engaging for me as the first book was - don't know if it was because I listened to this one and I miss more that way than when I read a book. The narration was good though. Or maybe it was that I found Tris's identity issues and issues with her relationship with Tobias to be kind of repetitive. It definitely was not as interesting as her journey to become a Dauntless. Hoping Book 3 will be more like Book 1. ( )
  MaureenCean | Feb 2, 2016 |
I won't write a spoiler here, but Veronica Roth really has a way of wrapping up the end of the story while leaving the reader gasping at the revelation, and desperate to read more.

Veronica Rothprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.

-From the Candor faction manifesto
To Nelson,

who was worth every risk
I wake with his name in my mouth.

Tris Prior survives the Erudite simulation attacks that occur during the time she expected to be celebrating her achievement of being ranked first among the initiate class of her chosen faction, Dauntless. Even though the Dauntless have been freed from Erudite mind control, a war develops and secrets emerge.

"As war surges in the dystopian society around her, sixteen-year-old Divergent Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love"--… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,078,697 books! | Top bar: Always visible