Insurgent: Collector's Edition…

Insurgent: Collector's Edition (Divergent) (original 2013; edition 2012)

by Veronica Roth

Member:terra_incognita
Title:Insurgent: Collector's Edition (Divergent)
Authors:Veronica Roth
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2012), Edition: Har/Pstr C, Hardcover, 592 pages
Rating:****1/2

Insurgent by Veronica Roth (2013)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Anonymous user)
    Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (peptastic)
    The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Waterbuggg)
    Waterbuggg: Both books are action-packed and have a similar premise and secret.
    XVI by Julia Karr (kathleen.morrow)
    kathleen.morrow: Both are well-written dystopians with complicated and developed female protagonists and excellent plotting.
    The Iron Butterfly by Chanda Hahn (SayoC)
    Die Verratenen by Ursula Poznanski (Camaho)

English (507)  Spanish (4)  Dutch (2)  German (2)  Piratical (1)  Italian (1)  All (517)
Tris and her friends run away to the factionless sector and try and find out what the secret that the faction leaders keep and why the Divergents seem so dangerous to some. This is an entertaining story with some interesting characters, although it's not quite as original as I would have wished. This second part in the trilogy is very much a bridge between the first and last, but is still a solid read. Looking forward to finding out how it all ends in the next installment. ( )
  -Eva- | Mar 5, 2017 |
Summary: Tris has survived the first round of criticism of her chosen faction, which is Dauntless. The Dauntless have a fearless personality, but Tris is anything but fearless. Tris is faced with the reality that the world she knows may be falling apart at the hands of a known suspect.

Personal Response: I thoroughly enjoyed this novel as much as I liked the first one. I would highly suggest that students read this novel after they have read the first. This novel is action packed and leaves the reader hanging on every word.

Curriculum Connection: This book is necessary for the library. Utopian societies allow students to take a step out of their current lives, and live in a different one. ( )
  Lisette25 | Feb 26, 2017 |
Great series and the second in the series does not disappoint. I can't wait for the 3rd. ( )
  annabw | Feb 21, 2017 |
Still a good story, but not at the same level as Divergent. Not a reason to stay away, but there are some "huh" moments in following these characters. The human traits of the factions (separate personality traits for each faction) make this story fascinating to think about. Good story teller that kept my interest to the end. ( )
  deldevries | Feb 9, 2017 |
Hats off to Veronica Roth!

I actually enjoyed this book just as much, if not more than the first one, which rarely ever happens so I was pleasantly surprised. I would be mad as hell if I didn't already have the third book on my kindle because this one ended with so much unresolved and all kinds of loose ends to tie up. I'm very much looking forward to the movie version of this saga and hope it doesn't fall short of high expectations set by the books. Hats off to Veronica Roth! ( )
  JordanAshleyPerkins | Jan 26, 2017 |

I won't write a spoiler here, but Veronica Roth really has a way of wrapping up the end of the story while leaving the reader gasping at the revelation, and desperate to read more.

Roth, Veronicaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.

-From the Candor faction manifesto
To Nelson,

who was worth every risk
I wake with his name in my mouth.

Tris Prior survives the Erudite simulation attacks that occur during the time she expected to be celebrating her achievement of being ranked first among the initiate class of her chosen faction, Dauntless. Even though the Dauntless have been freed from Erudite mind control, a war develops and secrets emerge.

"As war surges in the dystopian society around her, sixteen-year-old Divergent Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love"--… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,304,371 books! | Top bar: Always visible