Insurgent: Collector's Edition…

Insurgent: Collector's Edition (Divergent) (original 2013; edition 2012)

by Veronica Roth

Member:terra_incognita
Title:Insurgent: Collector's Edition (Divergent)
Authors:Veronica Roth
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2012), Edition: Har/Pstr C, Hardcover, 592 pages
Rating:****1/2

Insurgent by Veronica Roth (2013)

Recently added byKristinVan, donnijo, private library, KristyC84, miref, katiejo2324, AngelaFries
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Anonymous user)
    Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (peptastic)
    The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Waterbuggg)
    Waterbuggg: Both books are action-packed and have a similar premise and secret.
    XVI by Julia Karr (kathleen.morrow)
    kathleen.morrow: Both are well-written dystopians with complicated and developed female protagonists and excellent plotting.
    The Iron Butterfly by Chanda Hahn (SayoC)
    Die Verratenen by Ursula Poznanski (Camaho)

English (410)  Spanish (3)  Piratical (1)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (417)
Then the shouting begins...

This is one of the best books I've ever read. It had it all: suspens, action, drama, friendships, loss, sadness, a little bit of fun . I couldn't get home fast enough to grab the book and continue reading. I feel so overwhelmed, I think I'll wait untill tomorrow to start the third book.

Inessova | Mar 28, 2015 |
Loved this one just as much as Divergent! And the ending!!! omg I cannot wait for the final book! ( )
  Verkruissen | Mar 25, 2015 |
The dauntless girl and boy are still at it. Tris and Four will never stop. They will fight of what's right. They will go all the way to the end, to make the world a better place. They want no more factions killing each other. No more of their friends die without a fight.niether one of then die without a fight either. So they have to watch their backs every step of the way.

Insurgent is another one of the Divergent series books. This one still gave me chills. I didn't want this book to end. It got really good at the end. But it was still good in the beginning and middle. But not as good as he end. I almost threw the Book across the room when it ended. Hopefully Alligent it awesome. Alligent has to be an awesome book to end the series. ( )
  trinety.b4 | Mar 20, 2015 |
This isn't a review, except to say this book was disappointing. It's full of holes and jumps and much too much crying.
My question is: Who runs the trains? In the first book they just raced around so the Dauntless could jump on and off. Schedule? Freight? Passenger service? ( )
  GreenieGirl | Mar 15, 2015 |
Excellent plot but I continue to be disappointed with the quality of the writing and the sappiness of the teen romance. I'm looking forward to the second movie! ( )
  aliepa | Mar 14, 2015 |
I won't write a spoiler here, but Veronica Roth really has a way of wrapping up the end of the story while leaving the reader gasping at the revelation, and desperate to read more.

Veronica Rothprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.

-From the Candor faction manifesto
To Nelson,

who was worth every risk
I wake with his name in my mouth.

Tris Prior survives the Erudite simulation attacks that occur during the time she expected to be celebrating her achievement of being ranked first among the initiate class of her chosen faction, Dauntless. Even though the Dauntless have been freed from Erudite mind control, a war develops and secrets emerge.

"As war surges in the dystopian society around her, sixteen-year-old Divergent Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love"--… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,176,284 books! | Top bar: Always visible