Insurgent: Collector's Edition…

Insurgent: Collector's Edition (Divergent) (original 2013; edition 2012)

by Veronica Roth

Member:terra_incognita
Title:Insurgent: Collector's Edition (Divergent)
Authors:Veronica Roth
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2012), Edition: Har/Pstr C, Hardcover, 592 pages
Rating:****1/2

Insurgent by Veronica Roth (2013)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Anonymous user)
    Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (peptastic)
    The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Waterbuggg)
    Waterbuggg: Both books are action-packed and have a similar premise and secret.
    XVI by Julia Karr (kathleen.morrow)
    kathleen.morrow: Both are well-written dystopians with complicated and developed female protagonists and excellent plotting.
    The Iron Butterfly by Chanda Hahn (SayoC)
    Die Verratenen by Ursula Poznanski (Camaho)

English (496)  Spanish (4)  Dutch (2)  Piratical (1)  Italian (1)  German (1)  All languages (505)
4 stars

Just as good as the first one. ( )
  Jenny_Baker | Sep 28, 2016 |
I really loved this book - the action was non stop, the characters were well developed.... but.... I could not give the book five stars because of the continuously stupid decisions that Tris kept making. In the middle of the book, I had an overwhelming desire to jump into the story and kill Tris myself for her absolute stupidity. By the last quarter of the book, however, Tris seemed to recover some of her senses that the story progressed phenomenally. Great book and I can't wait to start Allegiant. ( )
  Bubamdk | Sep 9, 2016 |
I found Tris to be slightly less annoying than I found her to be in the first book. She can be reckless and only think about herself. She doesn't always think things through before jumping in and she doesn't think about the people who are in her life. I was extremely happy when she got called out on this behavior.
I greatly enjoyed this book, it started off slow and took almost half the book to pick up and allow you to see where the story was going. The past half of the book is more action packed and I had a hard time putting it down.
I would recommend reading the second book and being patient with it. I'm looking forward to seeing how the third book is delivered since I already know how the series ends. ( )
  haileymary | Sep 9, 2016 |
I really liked Divergent more than Insurgent, but it was pretty fun to read. Now I can't wait for some closure, because it literally was a gianormous cliffhanger there. ( )
  escapefromreality13 | Aug 25, 2016 |
Like all sequels, the first was better. It also is not soo much a sequel, as it picks up mid action and ends the same way, which is frustrating. Teens don't like reading long books I guess. Otherwise I would say that the characters develop a bit, but again the world is what interests me most. ( )
  TegarSault | Aug 22, 2016 |
I won't write a spoiler here, but Veronica Roth really has a way of wrapping up the end of the story while leaving the reader gasping at the revelation, and desperate to read more.

Roth, Veronicaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.

-From the Candor faction manifesto
To Nelson,

who was worth every risk
I wake with his name in my mouth.

Tris Prior survives the Erudite simulation attacks that occur during the time she expected to be celebrating her achievement of being ranked first among the initiate class of her chosen faction, Dauntless. Even though the Dauntless have been freed from Erudite mind control, a war develops and secrets emerge.

"As war surges in the dystopian society around her, sixteen-year-old Divergent Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love"--… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,223,936 books! | Top bar: Always visible