Insurgent: Collector's Edition…

Insurgent: Collector's Edition (Divergent) (original 2013; edition 2012)

by Veronica Roth

Member:terra_incognita
Title:Insurgent: Collector's Edition (Divergent)
Authors:Veronica Roth
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2012), Edition: Har/Pstr C, Hardcover, 592 pages
Rating:****1/2

Insurgent by Veronica Roth (2013)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Anonymous user)
    Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (peptastic)
    The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Waterbuggg)
    Waterbuggg: Both books are action-packed and have a similar premise and secret.
    XVI by Julia Karr (kathleen.morrow)
    kathleen.morrow: Both are well-written dystopians with complicated and developed female protagonists and excellent plotting.
    The Iron Butterfly by Chanda Hahn (SayoC)
    Die Verratenen by Ursula Poznanski (Camaho)

English (515)  Spanish (4)  Dutch (2)  German (2)  Piratical (1)  Italian (1)  All (525)
so it was an ok story; fairly predictable along the lines of all these types; very quick read; could use more character development ( )
  longhorndaniel | Jul 19, 2017 |
I think I may actually like this one better than Divergent. I really enjoy the facts, the logic, all the information. Especially the medic information.I have a feeling that I'm something of an Erudite. ;-)

The beginning was slow for me, but the pace picked up around chapter 4 or 5. After that I couldn't put it down. I must think on my review before I write more. ( )
  taranator | Jul 11, 2017 |
Loved this one just as much as Divergent! And the ending!!! omg I cannot wait for the final book! ( )
  Verkruissen | Jul 8, 2017 |
Cover Thoughts: The cover has very little to do with why I chose to read this book. In fact it didn't even play a part when I read Divergent. If I knew nothing about this story and just had to guess what it was about based off of the cover I would probably have a hard time. To be honest I think I may think this book was about activists who are trying to preserve what little space of greenery is left in a big city. The most extreme event would be when the main character ties themself up to a tree. That sounds like a lame book.

Why did I read this? I had heard such amazing things about Divergent and decided to read it for myself. I LOVED it and couldn't just not read the sequel!

Thoughts:

I don't typically read book to book in a series. I go in order and everything, but like to throw in a random book or two in between each book of a series. Mainly because I get bored easily and need to switch it up. I could be completely alone in this but I would really appreciate a brief recap of a previous book before I dig in. Nothing too detailed just something to refresh my terrible memory. Because we are thrown back directly where Divergent left off, I found myself struggling to remember what it was that I liked about the series and who was who. This made it difficult for me to get into the story, but all was well after about 100 pages.

Once I was into the story I really enjoyed it. I loved moving around this world and getting to know it and the people in it better. There was always something happening and I really liked that while there is one main conflict running throughout the entirety of the novel, there are also plenty of other conflicts along the way. This helps to keep you interested.

I was incredibly disappointed in several characters throughout my read. They just made such bad decisions and I wanted to reach into the book and smack some sense into them! I'm hoping some people can change before the series ends.

You should probably read this book. Especially if you read Divergent and enjoyed it! This installment will not disappoint.

Advisory: It may take you a little while to get into it, but once you are in. . . it's awesome and so very exciting. I would suggest just reading Divergent and Insurgent back to back. ( )
  Emma_Manolis | Jun 27, 2017 |
Entertaining as far as YA dystopian fiction is concerned. Borrowed from the local library's Overdrive collection. Lel. ( )
  kephradyx | Jun 20, 2017 |
I won't write a spoiler here, but Veronica Roth really has a way of wrapping up the end of the story while leaving the reader gasping at the revelation, and desperate to read more.

Roth, Veronicaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.

-From the Candor faction manifesto
To Nelson,

who was worth every risk
I wake with his name in my mouth.

Tris Prior survives the Erudite simulation attacks that occur during the time she expected to be celebrating her achievement of being ranked first among the initiate class of her chosen faction, Dauntless. Even though the Dauntless have been freed from Erudite mind control, a war develops and secrets emerge.

"As war surges in the dystopian society around her, sixteen-year-old Divergent Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love"--… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,170,745 books! | Top bar: Always visible