Insurgent: Collector's Edition…

Insurgent: Collector's Edition (Divergent) (original 2013; edition 2012)

by Veronica Roth

Member:terra_incognita
Title:Insurgent: Collector's Edition (Divergent)
Authors:Veronica Roth
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2012), Edition: Har/Pstr C, Hardcover, 592 pages
Rating:****1/2

Insurgent by Veronica Roth (2013)

2012 (70) 2013 (66) 2014 (37) adventure (43) Chicago (69) Divergent (54) dystopia (288) dystopian (204) ebook (66) factions (23) family (39) fantasy (63) fiction (180) future (21) identity (23) Kindle (59) post-apocalyptic (30) read (53) read in 2012 (44) read in 2013 (38) romance (70) science fiction (226) series (97) survival (22) teen (55) to-read (124) war (35) YA (182) young adult (261) young adult fiction (35)
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Anonymous user)
    Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (peptastic)
    The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Waterbuggg)
    Waterbuggg: Both books are action-packed and have a similar premise and secret.
    XVI by Julia Karr (kathleen.morrow)
    kathleen.morrow: Both are well-written dystopians with complicated and developed female protagonists and excellent plotting.
    Die Verratenen by Ursula Poznanski (Camaho)
    The Iron Butterfly by Chanda Hahn (SayoC)

English (345)  Spanish (3)  Piratical (1)  German (1)  All languages (350)
This book has a lot of action. It twists and turns a lot and I couldn't put it down. Words really cannot describe how good this was. 5Q5P The cover art is awesome and I'd recommend this for middle school and high school students as well as adults. I chose to read this book because the cover looked very interesting and the first book was probably the best thing I've ever read. VictoriaE
  edspicer | Jul 17, 2014 |
I was severely disappointed with this book. I almost considered putting this book down(which I am prone to do) but I forced myself to continue. True it had been a year since I read the previous book, but I still felt it was a difficult read. They were too many characters to keep track of, due to their plain names and different factions. The main character, Beatrice, is told in first-person and her thought-process is quite annoying. She very stubborn and her acts of "self-lessness" are merely obstinate choices she makes to be a "sacrifice". I only continued to read for the romance of the male protagonist, Four, but Beatrice kept distancing herself from him. I was not impressed. Try harder for the conclusion, please. ( )
1 vote aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
  aweinel | Jul 14, 2014 |
A decent continuation of the Divergent plot but not as compelling as the first novel.

My main complaint about this novel is that Tris is a passive observer thorough large chunks of the story. I wanted her to take charge more often and have it be her story, not just the story of future, dystopian Chicago. The back-and-forth trust issues and insecurities in her relationship with Tobias grew tiresome too. ( )
  StephanieNicole | Jul 10, 2014 |
I did not know if I would like this book or not given that it was so popular with the younger readers. However, I was pleasantly surprised. This Utopian style world in which they are living in is truly thought provoking with very interesting sects and behaviors. An excellent story that involves the battle of good and evil rolled into a love story makes it intriguing enough to keep you both on your seat and guessing the entire way. I could not wait to get to the next book. ( )
  ShadowRhelm | Jul 9, 2014 |
I won't write a spoiler here, but Veronica Roth really has a way of wrapping up the end of the story while leaving the reader gasping at the revelation, and desperate to read more.

Veronica Rothprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.

-From the Candor faction manifesto
To Nelson,

who was worth every risk
I wake with his name in my mouth.

Tris Prior survives the Erudite simulation attacks that occur during the time she expected to be celebrating her achievement of being ranked first among the initiate class of her chosen faction, Dauntless. Even though the Dauntless have been freed from Erudite mind control, a war develops and secrets emerge.

"As war surges in the dystopian society around her, sixteen-year-old Divergent Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love"--… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,471,385 books! | Top bar: Always visible