I Will Not Read This Book by Cece Meng

I Will Not Read This Book (edition 2011)

by Cece Meng (Author), Joy Ang (Illustrator)

Member:Rosenectur
Title:I Will Not Read This Book
Authors:Cece Meng (Author)
Other authors:Joy Ang (Illustrator)
Info:Clarion Books (2011), 32 pages
Tags:Children's

I Will Not Read This Book by Cece Meng

This story is about a boy who will not read a book no matter what. I think the idea is clever on it's own because a child who doesn't read may immediately be interested. The boy in the story says he will not read this book even if you "hung me upside down", "over a cliff" Each time you turn the page he adds to the sentence creating a long one. I like the repetition because it helps with fluency and I also enjoy the suspense that will keep a younger reader engaged. The theme of this book is that you never really know what adventures you will find in a book, a great lesson to teach students early. ( )
  AshleyBarron | Apr 18, 2017 |
This story is really funny, its about this kid who is doing everything and anything so he doesn't have to read. I really liked how the author wrote, "Reading is hard and I don't read fast and sometimes there are words I don't know," this is a very common reason to why kids don't want to read. It also makes it more relatable especially to readers like me. The message is to trust others. The boy wouldn't read for all these crazy reasons but only way he would is if his mother caught him and they would read together. ( )
  sceres1 | May 4, 2015 |
I would love to read another book by this author and i love the pictures ( )
  Rm10 | Apr 1, 2014 |
A lot like Green Eggs and Ham for the reluctant reader, this book builds up insane circumstances to emphasize the child's dislike for reading only to have a simple solution like being read to be the key turning the kid's outlook around. I would have liked a bit more on the flip side like Seuss did after his character discovered that he did like Green Eggs and Ham, but this was still a good story, short and sweet. ( )
  matthewbloome | May 19, 2013 |
This book is about a boy who does not want to read a book. This book very much does not want to read this book he says that he rather do this and that which goes on for a most of the book. Then he finally agrees to read this book if his mother reads with him. This book can show that yes, it may be hard or not that much fun to read, but if you give it a chance and someone helps you read it can get better.
  SarahLinfield | May 14, 2012 |

Cece Mengprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ang, JoyIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

This is the story of how the ultimate reluctant reader became a book lover.

The little boy in I Will Not Read This Book has a lot of excuses, because if there is one thing he doesn’t want to do, it’s read this book. He won’t read it even if you hang him upside down by one toe, over a cliff, with sharks down below. And you know what? You. Can’t. Make. Him. In this book illustrated with wit and whimsy by Joy Ang, Cece Meng delivers once again with a pitch-perfect reluctant reader who is finally convinced to read the book if—and only if—someone he loves will read it with him.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:40 -0400)

A child adamantly refuses to read a book, regardless of the increasingly outrageous circumstances that might occur.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,524,757 books! | Top bar: Always visible