Star by Danielle Steel

Star (1989)

by Danielle Steel

English (6)  German (1)  All (7)
I must admit that prior to reading Danielle Steel's Star, I had not shown any interest in Steel's novels; for the ones about which I'd heard all sounded like Knot's Landing in novel fiction ...

But after reading Star, I'd developed a genuine respect for the fictional storytelling of Ms. Steel, and I don't feel that those made-for-TV movies based on her books do the novels themselves any justice.

About a month after its release, after I finally read the synopsis, I went out and purchased Star in paperback. And once I got started, I was hooked. The storyline gripped me from the beginning, and I really bonded with Crystal ... You just feel for her, you know? The odds she had set against her and all...

Star is an excellent book, and worthy of 5 stars. I won't go on, lest I end up spoiling it for anyone else, but it's definitely a great novel with well developed characters and a fierce plot. I highly recommend it. ( )
  CatEllington | May 5, 2017 |
no rating given
  Carole-Ann | Aug 16, 2014 |
This was the first book I'd read of her. It was such a great story of tragedy and triumph. It took you through the life of a young woman who suffered so much and for a long time. I love the way the story was told and it remains a terrific book to me. ( )
  Angel1974 | Apr 23, 2014 |
From one of the book boxes that Moem sent to me, this book is looking for a new home.
  BoekenTrol71 | Mar 31, 2013 |
its not boring.... but the author stretched out the story 2 long. ( )
  bushrarehman | Jun 8, 2010 |
Star (1993IMDb)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440205573, Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:33 -0400)

Young, innocent and strikingly beautiful Crystal Wyatt was an outcast, envied and resented by all but her devoted father, with whom she shared a deep love for their remote California ranch. When her father dies, Crystal is alone and unprotected. Devastating events shake the once peaceful valley. With nothing but her dreams, her beauty, and her awe-inspiring voice, Crystal escapes to embark on the career that will ultimately make her a star. But stardom itself is shadowed by danger and violence and haunted by a memory that must be resolved before Crystal can find happiness and peace.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,163,206 books! | Top bar: Always visible