The Blessing of the Animals: True Stories of…

The Blessing of the Animals: True Stories of Ginny, the Dog Who Rescues…

by Philip Gonzalez, Leonore Fleischer

The reason why I gave this book such a high rating is that made me cry three pages into it and at the very end of the book. Definitely a heart-wringer for those who are sensitive and emotional.

I have been excited to get my hands onto the sequel after reading the first book and finding that there was one. Fortunately my sister gave me as a gift this book just like the first so I could continue my adventures with Ginny and Philip Gonzalez.

The book had even more pictures than the original while this time the author did include the names of the cats (yay!). And he also included a bit more the stories of some of the cats although not as much as he did with the original book since he believed you to have either read something about him or have seen it on the television or maybe both.

There were parts of the book where the author did seem a bit repetitive of himself and there was one part that was the third chapter to the end, which could have been the true ending of the story. And of course this book didn't have as many cat rescues as the original but it was still good.

The best part was how the book started off with the beautiful and magical Blessing of the Animals in New York while sadly ending off with the Rainbow Bridge.

Ginny, we surely miss you but thank you for the blessings that your life was able to give for so many - humans and cats. You are an inspiration to all who read the type of life that you lived. Maybe we be able to say that we are Ginnys wherever God may lead us. ( )
  flamingrosedrakon | Aug 26, 2015 |
I like this book. While not an especially well written book, it tells a story that is heartfelt and written with love. My only complaint is that it is written more as a collection of short stories rather than a complete narrative from start to end. The chapters are not in any sort of order and often times confusing when the event described happened. ( )
  TheDivineOomba | Jun 29, 2009 |

Philip Gonzalezprimary authorall editionscalculated
Fleischer, Leonoremain authorall editionsconfirmed

Move over, Lassie--the dog who rescues cats has struck a chord in America that will not stop resonating. This canine crusader's uncanny ability to find and rescue stray cats has melted hearts from coast to coast, generating massive media attention, making her the top dog in the talk-show circuit and winning her a host of humanitarian awards.

The Blessing of the Animals lets fans catch up on Ginny's latest adventures. Her newfound fame hasn't diminished her selfless devotion to her feline friends, and since the publication of her first book, she's carried out some of her most incredible rescues yet. In one episode, she burrows frantically through a container filled with broken glass, badly cutting her paws, to expose a tiny injured kitten. Sure to warm the hearts of all who read it, this unforgettable reading experience makes the perfect stocking stuffer, Valentine's Day keepsake or all-around feel-good gift for animal lovers everywhere.

Many thousands of readers have shared in the joy and compassion of Philip Gonzalez and his miracle dog, Ginny. Ginny's amazing sixth-sense ability to find and rescue ailing stray cats and Philip's devotion to caring for these creatures have been the subject of television news and talk shows, magazine articles and an outpouring of support from animal lovers everywhere. Since their first book, The Dog Who Rescues Cats, Philip and Ginny have carried out their most incredible rescues and gained fame along the way. The Blessing of the Animals is the next volume of their remarkable, heartwarming adventures.

"Lassie, go home. Ginny is the new wonder dog for those who love heartwarming, heroic canines." -- Kirkus Reviews

"There is an angel living in Long Island....The beauty of Ginny's rescues is that each is directed toward an animal desperately in need -- disabled, neglected, abused or on the narrow edge of survival." -- Minneapolis Star Tribune

"A true, heartwarming story about a dog who gave her owner a new lease on life and taught him how to love again...Endearing and unforgettable." -- Library Journal

Philip Gonzalez and Ginny live on Long Island, New York. Leonore Fleischer is the coauthor of The Dog Who Rescues Cats and lives with five cats of her own in upstate New York.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:04 -0400)

A collection of nine true stories about Philip Gonzalez and his dog Ginny, a part schnauzer, part Siberian husky who rescues homeless and abused cats.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,015,071 books! | Top bar: Always visible