Haunted (Puffin Sleuth Novels) by Judith St.…

Haunted (Puffin Sleuth Novels)

by Judith St. George

I read this for the first time when I was quite young. It was my brothers book, but we never bothered with his or mine when I was little. Or at least, I didn't. He had a lot of interesting books. And, this one had an interesting cover, a boy, and a girl in a room and the blurb must have intrigued me (can't remember). But anyway, the story was engrossing for me, I wasn't used to reading that much suspense when I was so young so I was probably quite enthralled with the book. It's one of those books that you remember loving so much when you have grown up.

So, a couple of years ago I bought the book in English to re-read it. To be honest, it was not as suspenseful as it was when I was younger, but it was damn well still very good. The story still works so well. The old house, the mysterious things that happen there still intrigued me so many years later.

I should perhaps check to see if Judith St. George has written more interesting books... ( )
  MaraBlaise | Apr 14, 2017 |

| Feb 9, 2016 | edit |

When sixteen-year-old Alex accepts a summer job as caretaker of an old mansion, he thinks it'll be a breeze—he plans to lay by the pool, drive around in a nice car, and meet girls. But the moment he sees the sinister-looking house he remembers why he's there: a murder suicide has left it empty and it's his job to look after things until the new owner arrives. Alone on the sprawling property, Alex becomes the victim of strange, unexplainable events and he soon realizes something is horribly wrong. He knows he is being sucked into an uncontrollable situation—a terrifying battle between two ghosts—and there seems to be no way out.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:25 -0400)

Following the murder-suicide of the Von Dursts, 16-year-old Alex, hired to house-sit their estate, is haunted by two forces, one leading him to discovery, and the other trying to kill him.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,141,235 books! | Top bar: Always visible